Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Are car key fobs popular?

609 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Alsopp
A friend of mine bought a CNC machine last year for himself around the house: he was cutting something out, engraving it. Now he suggests that I start a business with him (making small souvenirs). I said that there is a lot of competition, it's not a trend, it's generally a bad idea.
I am interested in your idea. Is it true?

Jewellery Font Symbol Circle Body jewelry

(pictures from Google)

Attachments

Reactions: Alsopp
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,894 Posts
My guess is that if anyone likes them, it would be teenagers with their first car. But, there must be a gazillion of those available on eBay and Amazon, from China, at prices that would be impossible to beat.

These days, it seems like people either have big fat remote keys, or the activation fobs that come with their car. Because of the size of those items, I was looking to get rid of other stuff I used to carry. The only thing in my pocket now is the transit key attached to a small Swiss army knife. I don't even need the house key, since I go in through the garage, and the transit has the garage door opener in it.

· Registered
207 Posts
I rock some keychains to label my keys but they are usually pretty unique or a gag. I could see them making some cash using that CNC machine for artists' with cool custom art, not so much keychains.

· Registered
2019 250 148 mr
984 Posts
I've found that I prefer less in my pockets, so my Keychain only has my house key and car key.

My work Keychain has far more keys, so I keep it separate.

I have also noticed that too much weight on modern car ignitions seems to wear them out more quickly. Not a concern for keyless ignition.

· Banned
19 Posts
A friend of mine bought a CNC machine last year for himself around the house: he was cutting something out, engraving it. Now he suggests that I start a business with him (making small souvenirs). I said that there is a lot of competition, it's not a trend, it's generally a bad idea.
I am interested in your idea. Is it true?

View attachment 178213
(pictures from Google)
Nice idea for small business

1 - 6 of 6 Posts