Ford Transit USA Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I have one MR cargo and one HR cargo with the 4 way swivel seat option on the preview order. They are just submitted orders and do not have VINs or build dates yet. One is a Ingot Silver and the other is Magnetic Metallic but the colors can be changed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, I wish I had waited, now that I have spent the better part of a year still trying to dial in my van for my wheelchair. Loads of moolah for a power door that the new ones have. And expensive to put in a swivel, which I haven't been able to afford, so I struggle to transfer. Defeats the purpose of having an accessible vehicle lol. I have the pull up e-brake, and I'm told they would have to replace it with an electric one. Not sure I trust the conversion place, given the issues I've had with my new lift install. Plus I have the electric 10 way seats, and I'm now reading those are impossible to do swivels with? I sure hope I'm not screwed :(

Now that the 2020 OM has been posted, Thanks Leaky Tiki -

This option will be a GREAT (y):love: boon for those of us with wheel chairs. OEM seats that swivel 180 degrees, means the expense of adding a transfer seat is eliminated along with the expense of having to relocate the batteries so the transfer seat can be installed ! (y)(y) If the front passenger seat also swivels, the rear heater doesn't have to be removed and relocated either.

Not to mention all the rewiring that has to be done to connect everything to the relocated batteries so the Transit will run ❗❗

As soon as anyone gets them, it will be very helpful to know how far they will slide ( fore & aft ) also.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just looked at the 2020 swivel seats in a 148 MR AWD with dual alidees. Very nice van. Couldn't get 180 degrees out of the swivel. Couldn't find a lumbar adj either. Operator error or normal design? Photo shows the max rotation I could get out of them.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just looked at the 2020 swivel seats in a 148 MR AWD with dual alidees. Very nice van. Couldn't get 180 degrees out of the swivel. Couldn't find a lumbar adj either. Operator error or normal design? Photo shows the max rotation I could get out of them.
Were they hitting the pillar? Maybe you tried this as well, but on some swivel setups yo have to slide the seat forward for everything to clear. Not much good if they don't rotate more than that.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The lumbar is the knob on the inside of the seat. I can see it on the drivers seat in the photo.
Those seats have two different degrees of rotation. I can see they are both hitting a back or arm. You may have to slide them forward to clear interference.
Also, is the parking brake pushed down?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I don’t see the lumbar knob on the passenger seat. Is it there or no?
If not, makes me wonder if the other adjustments, height, etc...are also not there and only on the drivers seat.
That is bad form on Ford’s part if true.

·
Registered
28 Posts
At first it bumped into the pillar so I pulled the seat forward to clear that and it went further to the position shown in the pic. Couldn't find the lumbar though it might be there somewhere. Seat goes forward/ backward with the metal bar under the seat, the rear knob on the seat back turns and reclines the seat back, the other knob on the side rotated to move the thigh support up and down, the side plastic handle when pumped raises and lowers the seat. Couldn't find or feel anything on the inner side. My concern is that's 4 out of 4 in a 4 way seat. Let us know if anybody funds the lumbar.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts