Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're looking to put a heater in our 2016, but we're pretty noise-sensitive. I've read all the threads here and on other forums comparing noise levels among the various heaters -- Webasto, Espar, the Russian one, gas, diesel, etc, but just reading about noise isn't all that satisfying. It'd be great to hear a Propex HS2000 or HS2211 in person.

We've also looked at the boat heaters -- Dickinson, etc -- but our layout makes those problematic, and we found the the Platcat heaters pretty interesting, but we've been on a waiting list for one for over a year, so I'm having second thoughts. ;-)

We're near Boston, but have family in NJ, and would cheerfully do a road trip to almost anywhere a day's drive away to hear a Propex. Anyone?

Thanks!
paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased a Propex HS 2211 that I intend to install underneath my Transit. The goal is by mid-December, weather permitting. I’m located near New Paltz, NY. I’ll follow-up with a post upon completion.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! Good luck with the install!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Many of the places I stay are near busy traffic, so I often sleep with ear plugs in. The only way I can tell that the heater is on is the green light (while actually heating). It doesn't keep me awake without the ear plugs, but there's certainly more noise than I originally bargained for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have installed both the hs2000 and a hs2211 underneath the body, and the 2211 is significantly quieter inside the cab. Having a longer length of ducting and splitting the output to multiple vents will quiet it even further. Hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts