Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered the eco guard filter off of amazon but they are backordered, so I decided to look around.

The other well known alternative is the Baldwin PA3000.

Wondered if there are better filters with better ratings since both of the above seem basic.

found this Mann filter with a higher particulate rating : Mann CUK29007

Cabin air filters transform your driving experience

They only display the filter on their euro area submenu.

any other good ones released lately?

I know Ford is rolling out done better filters for some of their vehicles.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Five years without a cabin filter and the AC still works great. I find that if you keep the windows rolled up the vehicle keeps that brand new dust free look long after purchase.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
It a filter for the air you breath. Nothing to do with how well the AC works.
If you are that worried about it maybe you should buy one of these instead
Shouldnt be that hard to do it yourself too, And maybe save a little money.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Catalog Name
Interchange Part
List
Price
Buyers
Guide
BALDWINPA30000
$ 54.95​
MANNCUK29007
$ 0.00​
CORTECO80004650
$ 0.00​
ECOGARDXC11577
$ 0.00​
HASTINGS FILTERSPA30000
$ 0.00​
SERVICE PROMC11577
$ 0.00​

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another carbon filter, good brand

Bosch

BK2119G244AA

Weird many of these only heavily marketed in euro land - there are quite a few USA transits now.

·
Registered
2018 T250 MR 3.7L
49 Posts
I installed the Ecogard XC11577 last year and it works nicely to improve the cabin air especially in the dry climate of Arizona where blowing dust is common. Only a slight reduction in air flowrate was noticed. Fit in the compartment behind the glove box was good.

I see they are still in stock on Amazon for $16.83 with next day delivery so I just ordered a spare.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I installed the Ecogard XC11577 last year and it works nicely to improve the cabin air especially in the dry climate of Arizona where blowing dust is common. Only a slight reduction in air flowrate was noticed. Fit in the compartment behind the glove box was good.

I see they are still in stock on Amazon for $16.83 with next day delivery so I just ordered a spare.
Thanks for the availability comment.

I checked back with Amazon, they did ship it and the USPS tracking showed it in Houston a week ago with no further movement.

So I requested a replacement.

Still, would like to locate a reliable source of better filters.

Amazon carries some Mann filters, but not the good one for the Transit.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Weird many of these only heavily marketed in euro land - there are quite a few USA transits now.
The local Ford dealer's parts people didn't even know that a filter can be fitted to a Transit. It's not in any of their manuals either, so it's not surprising no one knows about it.

·
Registered
2019 HR Cargo Oxford White 148 wb 3.7L
362 Posts
Good reminder, put a Baldwin PA30000 when the van was new, 2 years ago, first time I looked at it today, was very dusty, will order another one, when the price of the MANN CUK29007 comes down to earth I will get one. do the new models, 2021 still come sans cabin air filter?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts