Ford Transit USA Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Fyi AFE has opened up for preorders. They will be available in March. If you look there are 2 options. It's the filter that makes the difference.
I tried to preorder but they will not ship to California at the moment. Is there anyone that can help? I was able to get a discount code too if you supply your email.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
First time I've ever seen instructions to remove the cowl and windshield wiper arm to install an air filter. Wow.

I can replace my air filter 26 times over for the price of this AFE intake. Another Wow.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Has anyone installed one of these aFe Quantum intakes yet? Curious for a review!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have one I just haven't installed it yet. Hopefully I'll have time this week. Not really concerned about extra power - even with 4x4, bigger tires, and a moderate interior build the van is probably a little too fast for its own good. It was kind of expensive but I wanted to have something that was better sealed and get rid of my TURD. I did install their muffler back exhaust - I wanted to have the side exit instead of under the van. Minor change in sound for the better, went on easy, looks good, and was pretty inexpensive.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have one I just haven't installed it yet. Hopefully I'll have time this week. Not really concerned about extra power - even with 4x4, bigger tires, and a moderate interior build the van is probably a little too fast for its own good. It was kind of expensive but I wanted to have something that was better sealed and get rid of my TURD. I did install their muffler back exhaust - I wanted to have the side exit instead of under the van. Minor change in sound for the better, went on easy, looks good, and was pretty inexpensive.
Zak, did you ever install this? Curious as to your impressions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I put it in last week, and drove back and forth to Durango for the weekend - it was pretty simple to install, and seems well put together. I don't think I noticed much change in noise or anything, and any power gains are fairly subtle but the van does pull strong even at high altitudes - pretty sure I surprise other drivers all the time when I pass them going uphill. As long as it seals out water I'm happy - it's actually raining here today so I should probably check it! I'll grab a pic too.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts