Registered
2,351 Posts

·
Registered
3,388 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Would this help the poor thorottle response. I’m in the Detroit area and was going to talk to livernois Motorsport. Also I’d like to see if a tuner would help this. Does anyone else have this problem where you stomp on the go peddle and it takes a couple seconds to move? I know the turbo lag issues but not like this.
What you're experiencing is not turbo lag. It's built in drive-by-wire nannies to reduce warranty claims on vehicles that are driven hard. A tune will solve your problem and then some, but you get the joy of worrying about your warranty should something go wrong with the drive train and they see that you're tuned...

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
read the description in my link, it says that airbox is only for transits built before 01/23/2017
Thanks, didn't notice the description. The part for Transits after 1/24/17 has a C part number rather than B but they used the same picture. The airbox for my Transit built 6/17 has the same top fitting inside the bottom poor design of the pre 1/24/17 airbox. I wonder what the difference is between the B and the C parts?

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
What you're experiencing is not turbo lag. It's built in drive-by-wire nannies to reduce warranty claims on vehicles that are driven hard. A tune will solve your problem and then some, but you get the joy of worrying about your warranty should something go wrong with the drive train and they see that you're tuned...
Agree - my friend's 2013 A8 supercharged V8 has a similar built in lag. Superchargers should not have turbo lag! The Audi forums says a flashed ECU takes out the lag.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Still waiting to throw money at first cold air intake for a eb Transit. Dual filters, one for each turbo, ideal.

Sent from my ASUS_P00J using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I got 5 star tuned this week. I'm way out of warranty and not worried. It completely gets rid of the turbo lag. I'm in love. NO fuel economy improvement but I didn't expect one. I'm getting a solid 16 in my MR LWB Ecoboost running 75 all day most of the time.

I emailed AFE just this past week and haven't gotten a response. Everyone who is halfway interested should email them!!!! They need to know there's a market......if there is indeed a market.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I think there's a market for sure. Especially if it's an item that would work with all the engines.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I got 5 star tuned this week. I'm way out of warranty and not worried. It completely gets rid of the turbo lag. I'm in love. NO fuel economy improvement but I didn't expect one. I'm getting a solid 16 in my MR LWB Ecoboost running 75 all day most of the time.

I emailed AFE just this past week and haven't gotten a response. Everyone who is halfway interested should email them!!!! They need to know there's a market......if there is indeed a market.

They were contacted years ago , I pestered them again last year about doing it and they’d have been the best bet to build one but they are dragging their feet on doing it.

Never hurts to have more people pester them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any interest in AFE intake for Ecoboost?(interest in fixing water in your filter)

Hi all,

I have been in discussion with AFE's design/sales guys about getting an intake made for our vans. Specifically for the 3.5 Ecoboost because that is what I have. The goal is to get a filter housing design that fixes the water in the air filter issue, as well as possibly opening up the breathing of the engine a little bit. I care less about the performance gains, and more about a permanent fix to our problem.

With that said they have indicated that they are interested in looking into making the intake. They need someone close by them to bring their van in so that they can take some measurements and test fit it against some parts that they already have made for other applications.

They are located in Corona California. Anyone close to there that would be interested in stopping by their shop to help get this into production?

HH
I made on just recently.... had to put it together with other parts to nobody still makes it. works but im going to improve it anyways with better flow mass sensor and ss pipe.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Water mitigation? To me it looks restrictive according to the diameter of the round flex connector and the filter looks too small.... I'm not trying to be harsh, just observing, other than that it looks great!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any interest in AFE intake for Ecoboost?(interest in fixing water in your filter)

Hi all,

I have been in discussion with AFE's design/sales guys about getting an intake made for our vans. Specifically for the 3.5 Ecoboost because that is what I have. The goal is to get a filter housing design that fixes the water in the air filter issue, as well as possibly opening up the breathing of the engine a little bit. I care less about the performance gains, and more about a permanent fix to our problem.

With that said they have indicated that they are interested in looking into making the intake. They need someone close by them to bring their van in so that they can take some measurements and test fit it against some parts that they already have made for other applications.

They are located in Corona California. Anyone close to there that would be interested in stopping by their shop to help get this into production?

HH
Absolutely I just put one on

41 - 60 of 70 Posts