Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a 2016 T150 in Ottawa. Enjoying the TransitUSA forum. I will be doing a minimal Camper conversion.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Future wagon owner from Alberta

I haven't pulled the trigger yet but I will as soon as Farmbro gets trained up to install the quigley 4x4 system from their Mississauga upfitter facility. This realistically won't happen until end of the year or beginning of 2016. I've been waiting over a year what's another 6 + more months...

Hope you enjoy your van.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4x4 van sounds like adventure!! I had a 96 tacoma 4x4 and a 2007 Ridgeline AWD. Enjoyed them and got into some interesting places.
I looked at the new Sprinter 4x4 and was surprised how high they looked (price too!).

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yes the sprinter 4x4 sits high. The conversion will cost me a lot too. Where I'm at 4x4 is mandatory in my opinion. If I drive from Alberta to BC through the Rockies on the trans canada hwy with wife and kids I'm not doing it in 2wd. That is of course in the winter.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Something to consider when comparing 4x4 is added weight and subsequent loss of payload. May not be a factor, but will probably add 350-500 lbs. Same applies to the diesel option. On my 130" WB MR transit 150, the diesel option would have added 440 lb to my curb weight, and correspondingly reduced my payload by the same amount. As badly as I wanted that diesel, did not want to lose the payload. The more detail you get into, the more interesting are the trade-offs!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Southern Alberta

Hey guys! I'm running a '15 350HD dually with the 3.2 l diesel. Haul offroad motorcycles and pull a travel trailer. Have over 11k on it so far and have had one major problem that was fixed by one of my local dealers. PCM (brain) had to be replaced a while back but the van has been great other than that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey guys! I'm running a '15 350HD dually with the 3.2 l diesel. Haul offroad motorcycles and pull a travel trailer. Have over 11k on it so far and have had one major problem that was fixed by one of my local dealers. PCM (brain) had to be replaced a while back but the van has been great other than that.
Would you mind to tell me what weight and length travel trailer you are pulling with it? Also, are you pleased with the performance? Has the somewhat short wheelbase, considering the overall length of the van, been an issue at highway speeds? Tail wagging the dog type issues...

·
Registered
16 Posts
28' travel trailer and just over 5000# loaded. When I first got the van it felt skittish on the highway with the trailer until the local dealer replaced 5 out of 6 tires because they couldn't balance them to within spec. I use anti-sway even though for some reason it says not to in the manual, punch out traction control as well. I installed a tranny temp gauge and engine temp. so I can actually see whats going on with the drive train. I'm at the max GCWR but it pulls just fine. I have done a couple trips through the Rockies and on some long pulls I will get down to about 70km/hr but it rolls just fine. I maually shift even though it has a tow/haul mode, that way I can hold it in the gear I want longer. I'm very pleased with the combination and worse case get around 450km to a tank of fuel towing and best is usually over 500km.

·
Registered
62 Posts
28' travel trailer and just over 5000# loaded. When I first got the van it felt skittish on the highway with the trailer until the local dealer replaced 5 out of 6 tires because they couldn't balance them to within spec. I use anti-sway even though for some reason it says not to in the manual, punch out traction control as well. I installed a tranny temp gauge and engine temp. so I can actually see whats going on with the drive train. I'm at the max GCWR but it pulls just fine. I have done a couple trips through the Rockies and on some long pulls I will get down to about 70km/hr but it rolls just fine. I maually shift even though it has a tow/haul mode, that way I can hold it in the gear I want longer. I'm very pleased with the combination and worse case get around 450km to a tank of fuel towing and best is usually over 500km.
Great information. I really appreciate the response. I am still looking at which Transit to pull the trigger on, so this is helpful. One more question, do you have a van or a wagon? I assume a van considering the tow rating.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Long tall diesel 250 in Hamilton ON.
that shouldn't be too hard to spot around these parts. I'll keep an eye out for ya, Im from stoney creek.

·
Registered
613 Posts
West Mountain here. I get out that way when I do work for the wineries. Or wandering the isles at Princess... aimlessly. lol.

·
Registered
374 Posts
West Mountain here. I get out that way when I do work for the wineries. Or wandering the isles at Princess... aimlessly. lol.
if i recall correctly, you're a sparky?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Carpenter, but I have been known to electrocute myself occasionally.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Milton

I'm on the long wait for delivery, ordered 16th of April, 2016.
12 passenger wagon, 3.5 eco. Mid roof long wheel base XLT.
On the Transit Facebook page there is talk of a Transit rally, I'd like that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Kitchener, Ontario

We have a 2015 T350 Wagon, Mid length, Mid roof XLt. 3.5 EcoBoost, 4 rear seats removed to leave 11. LED headlights and fog lights. 15.5" Clarion drop down dvd player. Bruno mobility scooter lift installed at rear doors. Recent trip to Indianapolis for Indy 500. 6 adults and luggage, averaged 11.4 li/100kms.
So far we are very happy.:)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wayne Wilkie any chance one of the seatsyou pulled out was a single narrow seat and you'd be interested in selling it ?

Long shot I know but I'd like to try and source one in Canada if possible.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts