Ford Transit USA Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
nothing yet, but planning on an EV van
241 Posts
Have to say, posting what fuses and whatnot for how you install anti theft devices on your van is like posting a “how to steal a transit camper van” manual online for any thieves who care to do a 10 minute google search before trying to steal one…
i know that is like the folks who have a security sign in their front yard, criminals are like "thanks now i know what kind of system to disable"

·
Registered
2019 250 148 mr
775 Posts
I have a new low rent method. All you need is some police line tape, some fast food ketchup packets, some chalk, and a few spent firearm shells... the bigger, the better.

Surround your van with the tape, draw a chalk outline of a human on the ground, and smear the ketchup around the area of the outline. Toss a handful of shells in an obvious spot.

Voila, portable, simple anti theft.

Keeps people from parking too close too.

·
Registered
9,574 Posts
I sometimes set up what looks like a person sleeping on the bench in back. A pair of shoes, some pillows or coats or something under a blanket, and a baseball hat. I'm going to grab a wig out of the costume storage at the theater to make it even gooder. No, I don't want to haul around an entire mannequin.

Reactions: AzB

·
Registered
2019 250 148 mr
775 Posts
I sometimes set up what looks like a person sleeping on the bench in back. A pair of shoes, some pillows or coats or something under a blanket, and a baseball hat. I'm going to grab a wig out of the costume storage at the theater to make it even gooder. No, I don't want to haul around an entire mannequin.
A mannequin would help with the HOV lane.

·
Registered
580 Posts
i know that is like the folks who have a security sign in their front yard, criminals are like "thanks now i know what kind of system to disable"
Or, for most," I think I will rob the house next door without the alarm" or Lights or dog or security doors.
All of these just keep out the lazy majority.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts