Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Transit CrewVan just got picked up going to CO so just letting you guys in that area know about it in case this becomes another resource to get your Transit transported to you. With him being the actual driver and not the go-between with a subcontractor, you can get the best pricing. He has transported Transits all over the USA and even a few from Quigley so he is experienced in hauling them. He is based in CO so he likes to get back home every once in a while.

You can contact Rich Tribble at 417 588-5174 and let him know if you got his name from [email protected].

I will have pictures of the loaded Transit later today.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes finally! Man what a pain in the ass it has been to get a carrier to pickup my van.

For those who are looking know that all the brokers use the same bidding and booking system so when you submit a quote request you will get dozens of responses at all different prices. Mine ranged from $400-$1400 for about 650 miles.

But as soon as you start working with people then the drivers are comparing bids, so they aren’t going to necessarily take that $600 bid when another is $1000. And it’s not actually going to be confirmed until the driver submits their certificate of insurance.

Next the brokers will promise you a date and say “we have a driver near by” and all that is BS. They don’t have a driver till they actually submit the bids so could be a day or could be weeks.

They suck at communication and I had several just ghost me - including “Paul” (actually Pavel) that Ed has used just wouldn’t respond to me for days after he told me a Thursday pickup. In fact he still promised me next Tuesday pickup and o haven’t heard back again.

Now granted everyone is slammed right now with COVID and inventory is tight but communication is key to me and not responding doesn’t instill any confidence at all.

Then when you actually get a driver assigned you pay the broker fee to the agent $50-200 and the rest goes to driver. I’d say right now the going rate is $1.5/mi instead is $1 that it has been just due to demand.

I committed to $700 with this broker and they couldn’t make it happen and the agent just stopped calling me back. Fortunately his boss so that in the phone system and reassigned me to a better broker who got it booked yesterday morning, but I had to pay $850. I decided it was worth the extra to get it done.

And yeah absolutely working direct with a driver is great but not if he’s in Florida next week and you need the van picked up in KC etc.

So far this guy seems great and I will update again once the van arrives tomorrow or Monday.

Thanks for meeting him this morning Ed. Can’t wait to finally get this build started!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts