Ford Transit USA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Source? The Mach E I understand because that is a very hot vehicle but I'm not sure how many overlapping parts there are between the Transit and Mach E. The F-150, IMHO, would surprise me that margins are that much higher and they need to consider their dealer network and that there are lots of F-150s on the lots but not Transits (both in the new and used categories).

Also on the F-150 vs Transit, most people who buy a Transit need a Transit to either haul people (large families, churches, nonprofits, hotel or work shuttles, etc) or they need the enclosed cargo space (usually for a skilled trade like plumbing, HVAC, appliance repair or for deliveries). Yes there are some people buying Transits to convert them to a camper, and this generally falls more into the more discretionary wants bucket, but even there, there aren't a lot of substitutionary options when you consider ease of driving and price (vs towing a separate trailer or a Class A or even Class C motorhome). That said, MOST PEOPLE WHO BUY A TRUCK DON'T NEED A TRUCK! THEY WANT A TRUCK! They use it as a daily driver and maybe use it to haul mulch once a year or to pick up that sofa from Costco, but it is a discretionary purchase, and with gas prices what they are, they could easily decide to go with a mid-size crossover or something like that with better fuel economy. If they are building stock F-150 units over customer order Transits, those F-150s are going to likely sit on the lots and require incentives and discounts to move them.
there was an article in my news feed a few days ago. I searched but can't find it. When I finished reading it I said there goes my 12" Sync screen with intelligent NAV and the 360 degree camera to a pickup truck buyer. My single brother, who works in an office is an example of someone who just wants a Ford pickup truck (F250, fully loaded) for no other reason than desire. I on the other hand have so outgrown minivans that I have to rent a Transit for any trip we make to fit everyone and their belongings.

Reactions: Labradoodle28

·
Registered
37 Posts
What is irking me is that if you call the 800 number, they usually just say talk to your dealer - they know more. CrewVanMan is a dealer. One of the ones who actively tries to inform his customer base, as well as the rest of us on this forum. And yet even he can't provide a list of options, other than the power sliding door, that might be causing holdups. He gets rumors, like the rest of us, that it is the Sync4 and related electronics, but nothing concrete from Ford.

How does one manage one's order if you can't get consistent information on what's happening?

·
Registered
W2X HR AWD Adv. Pkg. ordered & confirmed 12/3/21
30 Posts
CVM
There are four options with the 12” screen, 58B, C, E & F. Could downgrading to a lower level 12” unit help to get a MY2022 built? I know some options would not be available. The 360 camera could still work. It would require less electronics from vendors maybe? I could live without intelligent cruise, HD radio & NAV if it got me a van. I for one would listen to any option removals ford comes up with to build out the remaining orders.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The problem is ANY of the SYNC4 audio packages. So that limits what a lot of Transit buyers want to do and NOT go to the 4" screen. Only way to get around that is to get the SYNC3 4" screen and get one of the SYNC3 8" screens from a earlier model. NOT a 12" screen but better than the 4" one.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
What is irking me is that if you call the 800 number, they usually just say talk to your dealer - they know more. CrewVanMan is a dealer. One of the ones who actively tries to inform his customer base, as well as the rest of us on this forum. And yet even he can't provide a list of options, other than the power sliding door, that might be causing holdups. He gets rumors, like the rest of us, that it is the Sync4 and related electronics, but nothing concrete from Ford.

How does one manage one's order if you can't get consistent information on what's happening?
I have a list of options that might influence the current production but those can change if a vendor source comes up with the parts in the meantime. We know for sure on the Power Sliding Side Door problem, but the others may work themselves out. I can tell you from the list that ALL SYNC4 audio packages are on the list. You guys ready to change those to the 4" screens?

·
Registered
2022 XLT Pass 148" LR, ordered 10/19, blend 5/11, built 5/12, shipped 5/16, currently in transit
228 Posts
"MOST PEOPLE WHO BUY A TRUCK DON'T NEED A TRUCK! THEY WANT A TRUCK! "

Do you have a source for that? Just wondering whether I deserve my truck, or not.
All I know is that most people who buy a truck rarely use the truck features and if they had to they could drive a sedan. If you're asking then you probably don't need a truck, lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would be fine going to the SYNC3 4" screen if it will get my 2022 transit built this year. Is it possible to make this change and not get balanced out?

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Don't make ANY changes other than the Power Sliding Side Door at this point. If your dealer contacts you about removing certain options, then that is the time to address those issues. Ford is still working with suppliers so some of the held-up options make get in the production line and get added to the vehicles.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
"MOST PEOPLE WHO BUY A TRUCK DON'T NEED A TRUCK! THEY WANT A TRUCK! "

Do you have a source for that? Just wondering whether I deserve my truck, or not.
SINCE IT'S IN ALL CAPS ON THE INERNET IT MUST BE TRUE!
Of course that could be said for the vast majority of "first world" purchases. Therefore:
You absolutely do not deserve your truck ... which will hopefully add to your enjoyment.
But ... should you be overwhelmed with guilt, please reach out to me, I'd be glad to help.
My offer also stands for nice fishing boats and any other nice stuff that might be causing you distress.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't make ANY changes other than the Power Sliding Side Door at this point. If your dealer contacts you about removing certain options, then that is the time to address those issues. Ford is still working with suppliers so some of the held-up options make get in the production line and get added to the vehicles.
Ed, I sent you and Kayla an email to remove the PSSD from my order. Will you guys be sending an updated Preview Order and price quote (which I’m guessing will be $995 less than the original price quote)?

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Once we make the change, the NEW preview order will be showing current pricing not related to your original order. We will be doing a NEW price quote that removes the Power Sliding Side Door at the same price level as was on your original order. It is not the $995 price as your pricing on the vehicle was below MSRP.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Once we make the change, the NEW preview order will be showing current pricing not related to your original order. We will be doing a NEW price quote that removes the Power Sliding Side Door at the same price level as was on your original order. It is not the $995 price as your pricing on the vehicle was below MSRP.
So let me get this straight- if I remove the PSD, my van will actually cost WAY more ? ( my van is ordered thru you )

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
When you make changes to the preview order after a price change goes into effect, it may change the price of the vehicle and in this case, you will see an increased BASE PRICE from the original order you have. It does not affect the price you will pay for the Transit and we handle that in the PRICE QUOTE we give to you. The reduced price of the Power Sliding Side Door is based on the price level of that option at the time the order was placed. It will NOT be the MSRP of the Power Sliding Side Door ($995) but a reduced amount based on the price level you paid for the van.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Exactly my situation outgrowing the minivan. We like taking road trips and camping trips too.

Question related to PSD - I’ve got young kids baby up to 11 year old and thought having a powered door as beneficial so they don’t have to depend on adults or older ones to open close the door. Can anyone share how easy is it for kids to open and close? How heavy etc?

I grew up with an Astro van and can’t imagine what’s it’s like anymore with a manual sliding door since having a power sliding door in our minivan.

I on the other hand have so outgrown minivans that I have to rent a Transit for any trip we make to fit everyone and their belongings.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Did you pay MSRP for your Transit?
No, X-Plan, which as I recall is based on the invoice price (invoice - 0.4% of invoice + the administration fee). For that case it is clear that it is adjusted by the invoice price ($906 at the time?).

If someone else is getting a % off of a total price (MSRP or invoice) then I think it is clear (or maybe not?) that the "% off" will also be recalculated based on the removal. Ditto for the recalculating of the sales tax, if it is due.

But I think the message to make clear is the ultimate price they will pay with the PSSD being removed now will be the SAME price they would have paid last October, or whenever they placed their individual order, had the PSSD not been included.

·
Registered
69 Posts
When you make changes to the preview order after a price change goes into effect, it may change the price of the vehicle and in this case, you will see an increased BASE PRICE from the original order you have. It does not affect the price you will pay for the Transit and we handle that in the PRICE QUOTE we give to you. The reduced price of the Power Sliding Side Door is based on the price level of that option at the time the order was placed. It will NOT be the MSRP of the Power Sliding Side Door ($995) but a reduced amount based on the price level you paid for the van.

Well I guess I will wait to hear from you/ kayla on how best to move forward, and what that process will look like.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts