Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other thread had to do with the Power Sliding Side Door not becoming available for further 2022 production. This is another one!

Ford has had various parts suppliers not able to supply parts for the 2022 Transit. The Power Sliding Side Door is just one of the many parts supplier issues that Ford is having and not just on the Ford Transit but other models. So we may have more problems with 2022 Transit orders being processed.

I am working with Ford to get as much information as possible with the remaining Transit orders. Most of them are ones with the 'Unscheduled - Clean' order status and are not affected with the ones that have a VIN and projected build date OTHER THAN the Power Sliding Side Door option which will no longer be a 2022 production option.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The other thread had to do with the Power Sliding Side Door not becoming available for further 2022 production. This is another one!

Ford has had various parts suppliers not able to supply parts for the 2022 Transit. The Power Sliding Side Door is just one of the many parts supplier issues that Ford is having and not just on the Ford Transit but other models. So we may have more problems with 2022 Transit orders being processed.

I am working with Ford to get as much information as possible with the remaining Transit orders. Most of them are ones with the 'Unscheduled - Clean' order status and are not affected with the ones that have a VIN and projected build date OTHER THAN the Power Sliding Side Door option which will no longer be a 2022 production option.
Thanks for the info. Have learned a lot about Ford's processes whether i wanted to or not :) Will stand by for your update, but, a not so hypothetical, hypothetical, for ya... for this list you are working on, IF one happens to have a vic in a "5/9 production" status, blend date of 5/6, could they still be susceptible to being affected by the list of part issues you are working on?

·
Registered
2022 XLT Pass 148" LR, ordered 10/19, blend 5/11, built 5/12, shipped 5/16, currently in transit
216 Posts
Considering Ford moved my production date up two weeks and then it got built yesterday, the issue must not be with the 12" infotainment screen, 360 camera, rear brake assist, park assist, or limited slip differential or other XLT trim items.

Curious whether the holdup is push button start or adaptive cruise control. I was on the fence about both of those options and ultimately decided against them, and I'll be glad I skipped them if that's what is causing people to not get their vans built.

Hopefully Ford will give people the option of dropping unavailable options like it sounds like they are with the PSD. Since they schedule 6 weeks out my guess is that they order those parts a few months before and now are at the point that they know that if they can't place an order with a supplier they won't be able to build out the van with that option as a 2022. And of course these vans are so in demand that Ford likely has a full roster of customer orders of vans they can build without these unavailable options plus any Ford dealer in the nation would gladly take a stock order of just about any configuration considering the market.

·
Registered
6,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So if we have a VIN and PSD, what are the options? Thanks for doing all this!
You would have to have the dealer look at the vehicle Visibility report to see your status. Most of our orders have a WEEK of June 20th scheduled date and when you look at the online window sticker (if it was actually to be send to production in March) you may see that date at the top. You will have to get with your ordering dealer if you decide to delete the PSSD and it will have to be changed by a Ford scheduler as the dealer loses access to the order once it gets a VIN and projected build date.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You would have to have the dealer look at the vehicle Visibility report to see your status. Most of our order have a WEEK of June 20th scheduled date and when you look at the online window sticker (if it was actuaaly to be send to production in March) you may see that date at the top. You will have to get with your ordering dealer if you decide to delete the PSSD and it will have to be changed by a Ford scheduler as the dealer loses access to the order once it gets a VIN and projected build date.
Yep, I'm in that boat (I am actually one of your orders CVM :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just emailed CVM to see if deleting the power sliding door will allow the rest of the van to be built as a 2022 (I have a VIN). I am willing to drop the power sliding door if it will get the van built now. I hope that is an option

·
Registered
27 Posts
Aux Fuse Panel is also a 'Stop Build'. That is part of the Adventure Prep package. Most W2X and R2X models (those that are the most non-scheduled CVM versions) probably have that option, as that is a size many want to convert to camper vans

·
Registered
6,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
From my talks with Ford, it is a layer of high end electronic options. Any of the SYNC4 audio packages are part of the problem as well as a few others. The notations in the forum thread above (#11) are just a few of them. So we may see more options that need to be removed to make your 2022 model get built. Not sure that most customers will go with a 4" audio screen for their Transit vehicle and lose a lot of options connected to it, especially the 360* view.

·
Registered
'21 R2X Van Haus Conversion
162 Posts
Aux Fuse Panel is also a 'Stop Build'. That is part of the Adventure Prep package. Most W2X and R2X models (those that are the most non-scheduled CVM versions) probably have that option, as that is a size many want to convert to camper vans
I think that is in relation to the etransit. BEV=battery electric vehicle. (That was actually a change in the January update of the order guide, so does seem strange to be included in this list..but I would guess there were orders in the system prior to the updated order guide and this limitation has actually been on this list since then..)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ford has already stated they are prioritizing parts for the F150 and e mustangs because of higher profit margins. It is looking worse and worse to get anything other than a stripped shell of a van from Ford. What a bummer.

·
Registered
2022 XLT Pass 148" LR, ordered 10/19, blend 5/11, built 5/12, shipped 5/16, currently in transit
216 Posts
Ford has already stated they are prioritizing parts for the F150 and e mustangs because of higher profit margins. It is looking worse and worse to get anything other than a stripped shell of a van from Ford. What a bummer.
Source? The Mach E I understand because that is a very hot vehicle but I'm not sure how many overlapping parts there are between the Transit and Mach E. The F-150, IMHO, would surprise me that margins are that much higher and they need to consider their dealer network and that there are lots of F-150s on the lots but not Transits (both in the new and used categories).

Also on the F-150 vs Transit, most people who buy a Transit need a Transit to either haul people (large families, churches, nonprofits, hotel or work shuttles, etc) or they need the enclosed cargo space (usually for a skilled trade like plumbing, HVAC, appliance repair or for deliveries). Yes there are some people buying Transits to convert them to a camper, and this generally falls more into the more discretionary wants bucket, but even there, there aren't a lot of substitutionary options when you consider ease of driving and price (vs towing a separate trailer or a Class A or even Class C motorhome). That said, MOST PEOPLE WHO BUY A TRUCK DON'T NEED A TRUCK! THEY WANT A TRUCK! They use it as a daily driver and maybe use it to haul mulch once a year or to pick up that sofa from Costco, but it is a discretionary purchase, and with gas prices what they are, they could easily decide to go with a mid-size crossover or something like that with better fuel economy. If they are building stock F-150 units over customer order Transits, those F-150s are going to likely sit on the lots and require incentives and discounts to move them.

·
Registered
216 Posts
From my talks with Ford, it is a layer of high end electronic options. Any of the SYNC4 audio packages are part of the problem as well as a few others. The notations in the forum thread above (#11) are just a few of them. So we may see more options that need to be removed to make your 2022 model get built. Not sure that most customers will go with a 4" audio screen for their Transit vehicle and lose a lot of options connected to it, especially the 360* view.
@CrewVanManInfo, question for the masses considering my experience and the prevalence of the 12" infotainment screen in pretty much any XLT trim order. My van (thankfully) got built on Thursday. I got the XLT trim package with the 360 camera. I noticed that your notes say it is the 61E high-resolution digital camera. Is it possible that there is a different chip configuration for the high-resolution digital camera (61E) and the 360 camera (61D), and thus the parts unavailability is only with people who ordered 61E? If so, could a solution be that they pay a little extra money (but far less than the MSRP bump to a 2023 model) to swap 61E for 61D vs having to downgrade to the 4" screen? But even if the latter were the only option, if people weren't going to spring for the 360 camera and just wanted the standard backup camera, some might opt to just downgrade to the 4" screen and what I assume is a standard backup camera included with that option. The people who were super-concerned (like me) about being able to see every possible angle of their car with a camera probably selected the 360 camera option anyway.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Source on the Ford emphasis was likely what I read a couple od days ago. Ford Authority. Com reporting on a Ford conference call with the stock analysts. Focus on high margin vehicles like ….

Reactions: mjm2950
1 - 20 of 45 Posts