Ford Transit USA Forum banner

Amazing auto vs scopema swivel offset?

388 11
Does anyone know how the offset for the swivel center point compares between the two? I would like to know which is easier to swivel when dealing with interference with the doors and the rest of the vehicle.

Thanks!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Check out Far Out Ride's comprehensive review of the various swivels - they specifically mention:
  • The offset design is what sets the Amazing Auto apart from the others contenders. Because the rotation is off-centered, the seat gets away from the door and the dash during the rotation. As a result there is no need to incline or move the seat during the rotation, and it does not leave marks on the door.
Spoiler alert - the Scopema wins out at the end

·
Registered
22 Avalanche 148 AWD
437 Posts
None of them are just sit down and swivel it around from what I've seen. I have amazing auto with the seat skirting whacked it needs to be adjusted to rotate and way easier with the door open.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can't compare the two but I have the amazing auto and I do have to move the seat forward and back and the back of seat needs to be upright but doesn't have to be forward. The passenger swivels very easily, just need to move the base forward. Drivers seat requires more maneuvering because of steering wheel. Kinda of a pain, especially since it doesn't rotate very easily. Passenger rotates very easy. Prior to installing the swivels, I was able to adjust the drivers seat and steering column so was very comfortable to drive. I'm unable to find a comfortable position since installation. The steering column adjust very, very little. Up/down, in/out. Disappointed in the little available adjustment of steering column. I'm 5'6 with long legs so prefer to sit back a bit from brake and accelerator. My husband is 5'5 3/4, shorter legs, and he likes his seat further forward and since he hasn't driven the van yet, I can't say whether it's comfortable for him. I'm guessing it is.

·
Registered
2020 High-Extended AWD EcoBoost Cargo with windows
4,355 Posts
I can compare the two. We installed Scopemas on driver and passenger power seats on our rig. We installed a passenger side Amazing on Nick's van. Both installed over a year ago. Nick's got more miles than we do (~50K to our ~30K) and we both do a lot of boondocking - including a lot of dry / dusty areas for rock-climbing.

There's still some back-and-forth on the offset AA swivel; but it's less than with the Scopemas we have. Of course, we have power seats and Nick's are manual - so less trimming and no need to raise the seat in the same slow lift as ours.

Over a year later, the AAs are /much/ harder to swivel - presumably due to really fine dust coating the plastic swivel surface. The Scopemas are exactly as they were the day they went in.

I posted after installing the AA on his rig that I preferred them. A few months later, no way. Sure, the AA unit can be cleaned - ideally, disassembled and cleaned - but when the alternative is no maintenance? Easy choice.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is there any reason to think that the current models (that fit the 22 seats) won't/don't fit the 2023 Transit? I don't think there were any changes between 22 and 23 that would affect the swivel seat fit, but I'm trying to get my brain going again and may be forgetting something.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Is there any reason to think that the current models (that fit the 22 seats) won't/don't fit the 2023 Transit? I don't think there were any changes between 22 and 23 that would affect the swivel seat fit, but I'm trying to get my brain going again and may be forgetting something.
There have been reports of 2022s with the same swivels installed. I think it's pretty safe to say they're the same in 2023 - partly since CVM hasn't kicked in and warned us otherwise.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Yea, those rails are pretty robust, so maybe the spacers are overkill (.... or not 🤷‍♂️). Heck, there are even folks that maintain there is no need to add clearance for the wiring harness. :ROFLMAO:
I could see that after seeing those that pulled the motor up a quarter-inch with zip-ties... 🤷‍♀️

1 - 12 of 12 Posts