Ford Transit USA Forum banner
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I haven't seen any welded nuts under the floor. But thanks for your help, I'll have a look at those threads.
That is correct. @rideslidescramblesk8 if you want to add passengers seats with 3-point seat belts to a cargo van we, JMG SYSTEMS, have designed and tested a cargo van seating solution that can be used in a Transit van. Check out our website for more details.

Furniture Automotive design Chair Interior design Building

·
Registered
34 Posts
That is correct. @rideslidescramblesk8 if you want to add passengers seats with 3-point seat belts to a cargo van we, JMG SYSTEMS, have designed and tested a cargo van seating solution that can be used in a Transit van. Check out our website for more details.

Yes, I know your seats but they are way above my budget. Very nice though. I am going with the 36" OEM Ford two seater that I found for $200 new, just taken out of a 2020 passenger before ever being used.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Would anyone be able to post a top-down picture of the seat tracks in the second row? I am getting ready to install a second row in my 2021 cargo. I only have the tracks with the two green dots that are a bit shorter. Is it true that the longer rails that are usually in the crew second row (maybe blue dots) also are bolted down only with one bolt in the front? I am trying to get the installation as close to OEM crew version as possible as I have to get it certified once done so that my van can be changed to 4 passengers.
The CrewVan uses the 3 RED dot floor mounting brackets but you might want to use a different one for better mounting into the floor. I use the 2 RED dot or the 4 ORANGE dot floor mounting brackets where you have a bolt in front of the front mounting bar and a bolt on each end of the rear mounting bar. This gives you the best strength if the Transit was in a frontal collision and the seat would tend to want to go forward. Some add the 1/4" metal plate steel under the van floor for extra reinforcement.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The CrewVan uses the 3 RED dot floor mounting brackets but you might want to use a different one for better mounting into the floor. I use the 2 RED dot or the 4 ORANGE dot floor mounting brackets where you have a bolt in front of the front mounting bar and a bolt on each end of the rear mounting bar. This gives you the best strength if the Transit was in a frontal collision and the seat would tend to want to go forward. Some add the 1/4" metal plate steel under the van floor for extra reinforcement.
OK, so I should be fine with my green dot ones then. My plan now is to mount them with one bolt in the front and two bolts in the rear and use steel backing plates. The company that is doing the necessary certification for me recommended 3/16" steel so that's what I got.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Is it possible to order a high roof extended length passenger or crew van with single rear wheels? Or is this length & height only available in the Cargo van? This would make a difference in seating options if you can. Cargo doesn't have any seating options, but a crew or passenger in this config would, which would be nice to get factory seats/mounts

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Is it possible to order a high roof extended length passenger or crew van with single rear wheels? NO Or is this length & height only available in the Cargo van? YES This would make a difference in seating options if you can. Cargo doesn't have any seating options, but a crew or passenger in this config would, which would be nice to get factory seats/mounts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there! I'm looking to order a Transit Crew (low roof, 148" WB) and want to make sure I have the interior molding / trim for the second row like you have pictured here (w/ the cup holder). The dealer I have contacted is telling me that there isn't a way to get this and it will just be the bare walls. But, I told him I've seen this before on a vehicle in-person, and now on this pic that you shared. Can you provide any details about how you were able to get it? The sales guy told me that if I were able to provide him the last 8 digits of the VIN, he might be able to figure it out. Would you mind providing that to me?

Thank you,
Clark L

Just added some NEW pictures with the floor cover pieces to cover the floor openings once the 62" seat is removed. The blocks that will attach to the cover panel are in the works so I should have those ready in a few weeks.
View attachment 140668

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
The dealer I have contacted is telling me that there isn't a way to get this and it will just be the bare walls. But, I told him I've seen this before on a vehicle in-person, and now on this pic that you shared. Can you provide any details about how you were able to get it? The sales guy told me that if I were able to provide him the last 8 digits of the VIN, he might be able to figure it out.
You need to find a competent salesperson / dealer.

·
Registered
958 Posts
The panel appears to be for an XLT.
I think this is CrewVanMan's
Vehicle Car Window Car seat cover Motor vehicle
Vehicle Car Window Car seat cover Motor vehicle

a different angle showing the length of the panel
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Head restraint Mode of transport

Different van also a CREWVANMAN unit

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
The first test units had the bare wall next to the second row seat. The pictured van is the first production model and they have the trim that is the same as in the passenger van. They do not have the rear window trim yet as the part for the passenger van won't fit as the airbag design on the CrewVan is different from the passenger van.

That is my personal 2020 Transit CrewVan. I also have a 2017 T-250 DSD Transit.

·
Registered
2020 AWD CrewVan HR LWB EB
254 Posts
The CrewVan has the seat nuts under the whole length of my 148" CrewVan. I'm guessing they use the passenger chassis for the CrewVan. I'm looking to find some trim to finish off the rear of the window on the drivers side. I guess the passenger trim won't fit correctly. I've got lots of work to do so I'll just keep an eye on this in the future.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
The CrewVan has the seat nuts under the whole length of my 148" CrewVan. I'm guessing they use the passenger chassis for the CrewVan. I'm looking to find some trim to finish off the rear of the window on the drivers side. I guess the passenger trim won't fit correctly. I've got lots of work to do so I'll just keep an eye on this in the future.
The passenger trim does not have the molded rear mounting tabs to mount it to the CrewVan. I purchased the passenger panels to try and see if they would work and the trim line would work but no way to mount against the metal frame work as it exists on the current production model. Ford has got a lot of complaints on this situation so I am looking for them to make the correct panel that will fit in that position.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Hi there! I'm looking to order a Transit Crew (low roof, 148" WB) and want to make sure I have the interior molding / trim for the second row like you have pictured here (w/ the cup holder). The dealer I have contacted is telling me that there isn't a way to get this and it will just be the bare walls. But, I told him I've seen this before on a vehicle in-person, and now on this pic that you shared. Can you provide any details about how you were able to get it? The sales guy told me that if I were able to provide him the last 8 digits of the VIN, he might be able to figure it out. Would you mind providing that to me?

Thank you,
Clark L
Where are you located?

·
Registered
1 Posts
With a lot of these vans now delivered to Transit customers, I have had many request asking about alternatives for changing out the 3 passenger 62" seat. As I had told Ford when they decided to use this seat, the biggest problem with this seat is you cannot go to the back of the van without opening the side door.

Here are the various changes you can make by removing this seat and doing a factory replacement seat. Once I get back to Matt Ford this week, I will try and have pictures of each seat in a CrewVan so you can see what they would look like when installed.

54" 3 passenger seat
Most buyers of the CrewVan want a 3 passenger seat but not the longer 62" seat that comes with the factory vehicle. By removing the outside leg on the 54" seat, you can install this seat in place of the 62" seat. Because of the heavy inner framework on the seat, you would have no problem with sitting in the end seat and even with a heavy person in this seat, it will not sag down below its normal height. If you go with the seat from a XL trim passenger van, the seat is a stationary seat with NO recline or RH armrest. By going with the XLT trim seat, you get the 3" to 4" recline feature and a RH armrest on this seat.

36" 2 passenger seat
A lot of Matt Ford CrewVan buyers are going with this seat. They like the 2 passenger seating a lot better and it gives you easier entry into the second row seat as well as a larger area to enter the rear of the van. The 54" seat helps you with opening up the side step panel for going to the back of the van without opening the side door but the 36" seat gives you the actual floor area to go to the back of the van. You have the same choices on the XL and XLT passenger van seats with the stationary seat for the XL and the recline and RH armrest on the XLT seat.

31" 2 passenger seat
This one has been talked about but never put to use. It takes a seat from the rear of the 12 passenger van and gives you a opening from the front passenger area straight back to the rear of the van. This seat is a small seat and would be better suited for small kids or adults. This seat is a stationary seat with NO recline feature or RH armrest.

Optional 62" 3 passenger seat with RECLINE feature
This is a NEW addition that we have been able to offer as this seat comes from the SWB 10 passenger XLT van. We were lucky to get ONE of these seats and it is a alternative to having the factory 62" seat but with the recline feature. NO armrest on this seat as it comes out to the side door area. Acquired 2 SOLD BOTH!

Adding a 16" single passenger seat(s) to the second row area
This requires a modification to the CrewVan floor area with added floor mounting brackets that line up to mount the factory Transit seat. One of our Matt Ford customers will be making this change on a HR Extended DRW CrewVan with 3 of the Ebony Cloth single seats. We may be using a combination of the XL and XLT seats so each person can have a available armrest. The seat near the LH side of the second row has a armrest indention in the plastic panel so we may just use the XL seat in this position. Using this stationary seat leaves off the recline feature and the LH armrest that is part of the single XL trim seat. Using the XLT single seat, you get the same recline feature and the LH armrest as part of this trim package. Once the owner of this HR Extended DRW CrewVan takes delivery on this van, he can make the decision on which seat he wants to use in the LH position of the second row seating area.

Other custom seating configurations
This is one that would be up to the CrewVan owner as far as changing out the 62" 3 passenger seat. Some are looking at going with Captains Chairs in this area and they can be done with various seats. It would probably need a modification of the floor area to mount the seats as well as removal of the floor mounting brackets for mounting the aftermarket seats.
I just received my 36" bench yesterday. I am not a large person and find this seat small, however my 10yr old thinks it is the perfect size for him! the 31" seat would be tight. I also find the seat to be not very deep and cuts off around mid thigh, serves the purpose but I would question its comfort on long trips. I also missed that the arm rest is only on the XLT version, already looking to see if I can make some modifications to add one.
With a lot of these vans now delivered to Transit customers, I have had many request asking about alternatives for changing out the 3 passenger 62" seat. As I had told Ford when they decided to use this seat, the biggest problem with this seat is you cannot go to the back of the van without opening the side door.

Here are the various changes you can make by removing this seat and doing a factory replacement seat. Once I get back to Matt Ford this week, I will try and have pictures of each seat in a CrewVan so you can see what they would look like when installed.

54" 3 passenger seat
Most buyers of the CrewVan want a 3 passenger seat but not the longer 62" seat that comes with the factory vehicle. By removing the outside leg on the 54" seat, you can install this seat in place of the 62" seat. Because of the heavy inner framework on the seat, you would have no problem with sitting in the end seat and even with a heavy person in this seat, it will not sag down below its normal height. If you go with the seat from a XL trim passenger van, the seat is a stationary seat with NO recline or RH armrest. By going with the XLT trim seat, you get the 3" to 4" recline feature and a RH armrest on this seat.

36" 2 passenger seat
A lot of Matt Ford CrewVan buyers are going with this seat. They like the 2 passenger seating a lot better and it gives you easier entry into the second row seat as well as a larger area to enter the rear of the van. The 54" seat helps you with opening up the side step panel for going to the back of the van without opening the side door but the 36" seat gives you the actual floor area to go to the back of the van. You have the same choices on the XL and XLT passenger van seats with the stationary seat for the XL and the recline and RH armrest on the XLT seat.

31" 2 passenger seat
This one has been talked about but never put to use. It takes a seat from the rear of the 12 passenger van and gives you a opening from the front passenger area straight back to the rear of the van. This seat is a small seat and would be better suited for small kids or adults. This seat is a stationary seat with NO recline feature or RH armrest.

Optional 62" 3 passenger seat with RECLINE feature
This is a NEW addition that we have been able to offer as this seat comes from the SWB 10 passenger XLT van. We were lucky to get ONE of these seats and it is a alternative to having the factory 62" seat but with the recline feature. NO armrest on this seat as it comes out to the side door area. Acquired 2 SOLD BOTH!

Adding a 16" single passenger seat(s) to the second row area
This requires a modification to the CrewVan floor area with added floor mounting brackets that line up to mount the factory Transit seat. One of our Matt Ford customers will be making this change on a HR Extended DRW CrewVan with 3 of the Ebony Cloth single seats. We may be using a combination of the XL and XLT seats so each person can have a available armrest. The seat near the LH side of the second row has a armrest indention in the plastic panel so we may just use the XL seat in this position. Using this stationary seat leaves off the recline feature and the LH armrest that is part of the single XL trim seat. Using the XLT single seat, you get the same recline feature and the LH armrest as part of this trim package. Once the owner of this HR Extended DRW CrewVan takes delivery on this van, he can make the decision on which seat he wants to use in the LH position of the second row seating area.

Other custom seating configurations
This is one that would be up to the CrewVan owner as far as changing out the 62" 3 passenger seat. Some are looking at going with Captains Chairs in this area and they can be done with various seats. It would probably need a modification of the floor area to mount the seats as well as removal of the floor mounting brackets for mounting the aftermarket seats.
Thank you for providing the information in this post. Do you have any suggestions of where to buy the 36" 2 passenger seat?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m looking for an option to drop in a 2 person seat in the existing 2 mounting positions that are closest to the door. They are approx 24” center to center. I want to have enough room to build a permanent kitchenette up against the driver side window and pop in a double seat occasionally when taking more people.

·
Registered
2022 R2V Ordered 11/23/21
39 Posts
JMG has an option to do that they call it the "Camper Van Special"

Reactions: JMG_Systems

·
Registered
U8U T350, HR, 148 ext, AWD, silver, leather, sync 4 nav, bliss 1.0, passive entry/start, and more.
27 Posts
I know this is a little strange and off topic of the 2nd row setup but….. is there a way to add the 16” wide seat to the front row so that a cargo van could be 3 passenger? I noticed that Ford offers a 3 seat cargo option in some sort of configuration but I am not sure what that is.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts