Ford Transit USA Forum banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,552 Posts
Not really, the frame is different. With some efforts and fabrication skills it may be possible but not really worth it compared to getting a single seat from someone.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
You might possibly get one of the leg mounts with the 3 bolt-in pattern quick release handle and modify it as a quick release for that leg but you would have to create a quick release pin for the bolt-in attachment that goes into the side panel. That lower leg would just swing up once you removed the pin from the wall.

Since asdrew has a 15 passenger van, he may be able to create what I am suggesting. You may have to go with a threaded wing bolt that goes into the side panel for a easier removal rather than the one that comes with the vehicle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You might possibly get one of the leg mounts with the 3 bolt-in pattern quick release handle and modify it as a quick release for that leg but you would have to create a quick release pin for the bolt-in attachment that goes into the side panel. That lower leg would just swing up once you removed the pin from the wall.

Since asdrew has a 15 passenger van, he may be able to create what I am suggesting. You may have to go with a threaded wing bolt that goes into the side panel for a easier removal rather than the one that comes with the vehicle.
Is there a part number for the quick release? My idea is to have a quick release on the outside bracket and remove the hook on the single leg so it would sit flush with the floor. My van is a 12 passenger so I am missing the inside rail and I don't want to tear up my floor to install it. I don't mind bolting it to the wall but I like the wing bolt idea.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Not sure what you are trying to do with the single seat that sits over the wheel well in a 15 passenger van when you have a 12 passenger van that has a 31" 2 passenger seat that sits in that position.

Are you missing some seats in your 12 passenger van? You should have a 54" 3 passenger up front, a 36" 2 passenger seat on the LH side with a aisle and a single 16" seat near the side door. Behind that row you should have 2 31" 2 passenger seats that make it 4 wide seating across each side of the wheel well area.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure what you are trying to do with the single seat that sits over the wheel well in a 15 passenger van when you have a 12 passenger van that has a 31" 2 passenger seat that sits in that position.

Are you missing some seats in your 12 passenger van? You should have a 54" 3 passenger up front, a 36" 2 passenger seat on the LH side with a aisle and a single 16" seat near the side door. Behind that row you should have 2 31" 2 passenger seats that make it 4 wide seating across each side of the wheel well area.
My van did not have any seats when I purchased it, I got some seats out of a 15 passenger. I put the 36" in the first row a 31" in the second row and a 36" two passenger? On the driver's side wheel well. I would like to adapt this single seat to go on the passenger side wheel well. My plan is to only use the second and third row when needed, just when I have family come to town. Most of the time I will have a bed made with Ikea rails.

·
Super Moderator
4,552 Posts
... I would like to adapt this single seat to go on the passenger side wheel well. ...
Thanks for the explanation. In that case, this options should work:
1. Remove the 3 bolts, it should let you pull the hook off.

Then you can replace the other leg with one from any other seat, just be aware that there are two different styles of those legs with different bolt patterns.
Then attach the wall brace over the wheel well, the threaded hole is already there.
That would not be as secure as the factory crash-tested way, so use your own judgement with that in mind.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the explanation. In that case, this options should work:
1. Remove the 3 bolts, it should let you pull the hook off.
View attachment 156674 View attachment 156675
Then you can replace the other leg with one from any other seat, just be aware that there are two different styles of those legs with different bolt patterns.
Then attach the wall brace over the wheel well, the threaded hole is already there.
That would not be as secure as the factory crash-tested way, so use your own judgement with that in mind.
Thank you very much

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Where are you located? I could help you if you needed the other side of the 31" 2 passenger seat so you would have the 4 across seating and actually add another seat to what you have now. You could have the 36" front row with another 36" behind it and then take your 31" seat that looks to be on the driver's side and I would have the other side that would complete your 4 across seat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Where are you located? I could help you if you needed the other side of the 31" 2 passenger seat so you would have the 4 across seating and actually add another seat to what you have now. You could have the 36" front row with another 36" behind it and then take your 31" seat that looks to be on the driver's side and I would have the other side that would complete your 4 across seat.
I am in Texas heading back to North Carolina in a couple of weeks, I talked to you via email a few weeks ago about your ad on Craigslist for vinyl seats you were very helpful and help me decipher my VIN number to know that it was a 12 passenger van. I found matching seats locally on marketplace that were black XLT seats that match my interior, I think I would like to find a quick connect single seat to put by the door and change the 31" for a 36", but again these seats are going to sit in my garage 50 weeks out of the year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Getting my crew van soon (2021 T350 HR 148" Long ). I realize I'll need to purchase and install mounting brackets for this question if it works out.

If I purchase a 54" 3 passenger seat to replace the 62" 3 passenger seat that comes with the crew van, is it possible to use the existing 62" seat as 3rd row behind the 54" that will replace 62"?

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Getting my crew van soon (2021 T350 HR 148" Long ). I realize I'll need to purchase and install mounting brackets for this question if it works out.

If I purchase a 54" 3 passenger seat to replace the 62" 3 passenger seat that comes with the crew van, is it possible to use the existing 62" seat as 3rd row behind the 54" that will replace 62"?
You would have to place either 2 or 3 floor mounting brackets in the floor to mount the third row seat. By placing the 54" in the second row position where the 62" is located, you will have to remove the RH seat mounting bracket to make that seat fit properly. The LH 2 seat legs will support the seat without any flexing of the seat.

If you place only 2 brackets on the LH side for the 3rd row, that makes it easier to move EITHER seat to that position with latching the 2 LH seat brackets. These brackets are going to be above the metal floor surface as the second row in the CrewVan has a 2" raised flooring in it to place the floor mounting brackets below the floor level. Leaving off the RH outer floor mounting bracket would still give you walking room in that area and not be in the way when you remove that 3rd row seat.

The biggest decision is whether to go with a cargo van, CrewVan, or passenger van when you go past a 5 seat installation. You can order the passenger van with the '
delete' seat packages to give you 5, 8 or NO added seats behind the front passenger area. Going with the 8 passenger seating gives you a 54" 3 passenger seat, a 36" 2 passenger seat, and a 16" single seat with ways to move these seats around in different positions.

Going with either body style puts you in a position whether you want Windows ALL Around (passenger van) windows on each side of the van at the side door and drivers side area (CrewVan) or a choice of windows at the side door/rear doors, rear doors ONLY, or NO windows at all (cargo van).

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·

You also have a choice of 2 different 54" seats. If you have the front cloth seats, the 54" seat in the cloth material comes in a XL version which is a stationary seat or the XLT version with the 3" to 4" recline feature and a RH armrest. If you have the Dark Palazzo Vinyl seats, your only choice is the stationary seat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You also have a choice of 2 different 54" seats. If you have the front cloth seats, the 54" seat in the cloth material comes in a XL version which is a stationary seat or the XLT version with the 3" to 4" recline feature and a RH armrest. If you have the Dark Palazzo Vinyl seats, your only choice is the stationary seat.
Thanks for the great info. I wish I discovered this fourm sooner before I sat down with dealer and ordered the crew van. I would have ordered the passenger with some seats deleted. Adding extra seats was afterthought as I discovered this wonderful forum.

So it sounds like I can place the 62" as 3rd row. Very excited to take delivery of my crew van as it shows it is ready to be shipped. I have the ebony cloth seats and the next adventure would be looking for the reclining 54" with RH armrest.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
If you happen to make a trip to Kansas City I have some take-out 54" 3 passenger XLT Ebony Cloth seats. These came of of some Transits upfitted for a special build and they removed the 54" seat and the 16" single seat but relocated the 36" seat to another part of the van so I am not able to get the 36" 2 passenger seat.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Would anyone be able to post a top-down picture of the seat tracks in the second row? I am getting ready to install a second row in my 2021 cargo. I only have the tracks with the two green dots that are a bit shorter. Is it true that the longer rails that are usually in the crew second row (maybe blue dots) also are bolted down only with one bolt in the front? I am trying to get the installation as close to OEM crew version as possible as I have to get it certified once done so that my van can be changed to 4 passengers.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Would anyone be able to post a top-down picture of the seat tracks in the second row? I am getting ready to install a second row in my 2021 cargo. I only have the tracks with the two green dots that are a bit shorter. Is it true that the longer rails that are usually in the crew second row (maybe blue dots) also are bolted down only with one bolt in the front? I am trying to get the installation as close to OEM crew version as possible as I have to get it certified once done so that my van can be changed to 4 passengers.
There may be threads with better pics, but this is the one I have bookmarked that showed dimensioned bolt locations.

Those double green dots may be the rails from the rear-most seating on the 15 passenger vans. You should be able to see from the dimensioned diagram if they'll even line up with the holes for the original second row (and I'd read there were already nuts welded on the underside for the seats for cargo vans, and just needed to drill through the floor to access, and I'd be interested to know if that was true for your 2021).

·
Registered
34 Posts
There may be threads with better pics, but this is the one I have bookmarked that showed dimensioned bolt locations.

Those double green dots may be the rails from the rear-most seating on the 15 passenger vans. You should be able to see from the dimensioned diagram if they'll even line up with the holes for the original second row (and I'd read there were already nuts welded on the underside for the seats for cargo vans, and just needed to drill through the floor to access, and I'd be interested to know if that was true for your 2021).
I haven't seen any welded nuts under the floor. But thanks for your help, I'll have a look at those threads.

·
Super Moderator
4,552 Posts
I haven't seen any welded nuts under the floor. But thanks for your help, I'll have a look at those threads.
Cargo vans don't have the welded nuts under the floor, just the passenger vans.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts