Ford Transit USA Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

Registered
It seems like it's really up to the discretion of the officer, regardless of the letter of the law.

If you're parked in an acceptable place and the engine is cold, yet you are inebriated, it's obvious you were not drinking and driving, but you perhaps have an "open container" or "control of the vehicle". But like above, what if it's freezing outside and you have the engine idling? Discretion. Sleeping it off or not driving because it's unsafe/illegal by staying in the bar parking lot seems like a prudent decision, and it IS private property. One gray area may be Interstate Rest Areas. I kind of remember there being signs saying "no alcohol", but maybe that's just on the grounds OUTSIDE of your van? NFS and BLM lands may also have some regulations regarding booze, and the letter of the law says you can't drink in your van even though there is no paved road or other people for 20 miles.

Registered
It's not drinking. It's daily quality control! 馃嵒
I'm always doing my best to keep cooking and general "living" smells at bay with good cleaning and ventilation. I had a brief stint with home brewing while I still had a basement, and it was strong even in that large space.

Now, I don't mind the smell as much as most but I can only imagine the interaction when pulled over and your van literally smells like a brewery! If that isn't just cause for a full invasive search, I don't know what is!

Registered
I'm always doing my best to keep cooking and general "living" smells at bay with good cleaning and ventilation. I had a brief stint with home brewing while I still had a basement, and it was strong even in that large space.

Now, I don't mind the smell as much as most but I can only imagine the interaction when pulled over and your van literally smells like a brewery! If that isn't just cause for a full invasive search, I don't know what is!
No, the the beer is supposed to taste that way, it was brewed with Saccharomyces Campervansis .

Registered
I once lived next door to the Leinenkugel Brewery, The smell of roasting Hops 24 hours a day was sometimes tough to live with.

Registered
...and bought weed, right?
LOL, I told the Sheriff if I was smuggling I would drive a 4 door chevy truck, 500 hundred of them probably drove by as my non stealth van was stripped. I have Florida plates and they probably didnt help.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts