Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Passenger 350 XLT Medium Roof
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow humans,

I just received my airbag resistor simulators. If anyone has removed the side curtain airbags from their wagon, then you know the orange tab that you need to push out when you disconnect the airbags. My question is:

Do you need to push that tab back in in order to bypass the system? I read somewhere that you push it in until it clicks. Mine ain't clickin'. Before putting all my batteries back, only to see the airbag light on, I figured I would quick ask The Brain to see if anyone can quick confirm one way or the other.

I've taken so much from this forum and have tried to hold back on asking dumb questions...I'm a little embarrassed this is my first post. Ho hum. Thanks in advance.

Brian

·
Registered
115 Posts
Brian - I remember seeing this orange tab before. I had to buy an air bag / harness on ebay specifically for that ”yellow connector“ [In order to remove my passenger seat and eliminate the dash warning]. I believe the air bag system is equipped with wire connector safety tabs to avoid inadvertent disconnections. Not sure but that was my understanding.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Transit 350, Quigley & Ecoboost
24 Posts
I have no experience with the simulators you have, but I bought the ones from Maxspeed Motorsports. The pins just push into the connector, with no action required on the orange tab. You should be good to go as shown if the pins of the resistor are seated into the connector.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Passenger 350 XLT Medium Roof
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No click, no problem - simulators worked! Thanks for everyone's feedback.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts