Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1621 - 1630 of 1630 Posts

·
Registered
8,988 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't have a water intrusion care in the world after installing the $1.78 T.U.R.D., so I won't be ordering a replacement airbox lid.

Due to inflation, the 8qt Sterilite dishpan is now $1.88. I bet all you people who have been putting off T.U.R.D. installation are sorry NOW!

Well for once I did the right thing. I bought mine 4 years ago even though the better half looked at me with a raised eyebrow. I showed her why it's a good thing to have me around ... 😜

·
Registered
2017 T350HD EcoBoost with every conceivable factory option.
78 Posts
Sonofab*tch. I sure wish I’d known this was an issue BEFORE the deceptively bending CEL and P299 code indicating a Turbo Underboost - which is precisely what the ECU detects when both turbos engorge themselves with air filter media immediately before disintegration.

I’m staring at a $4,800 repair for a 350HD that’s still under warranty. #LIVID
Wood Artifact Rectangle Art Font

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
This is a known issue to Ford, otherwise they would not have changed the airbox lid. I'd contact Ford (not a dealership) about getting the repairs for free.

Reactions: mikeehlert

·
Registered
2017 T350HD EcoBoost with every conceivable factory option.
78 Posts
This is a known issue to Ford, otherwise they would not have changed the airbox lid. I'd contact Ford (not a dealership) about getting the repairs for free.
You ain’t kidding. The CRC is on my Monday call list.
Do you know what model year and/or job Ford implemented a revised design?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
I can't be certain, but I think 2019? You should add your info as a signature line, like you see at the bottom of this post. Most people do that so we can better help troubleshoot.

·
Registered
120 Posts
2019 is pretty close. It might have been even late summer of the 2018 runs. (It certainly was not before June of 2018, as our late May 2018 build still is sporting the custom Walmart water diverter, at least for the 3.7L)

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
It is all in this thread, The new cover started out a a repair part for certain models and certain engines. If you did not have the fault code you did not get the cover, Half of the people in this thread never had a wet filter.
I think 2020 was when the new cover became standard equipment.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
6 years ago I sealed up air box lid with silicone -
added 2 - 5/8"x3ft hoses to drain troughs - drains to below engine
put 2 Scotch Bright pads as filters over 2 drain holes in troughs -
Sealed seams at ends of troughs with silicone and fabric - strengthen -
sealed gap in seam between windshield and t trough - black silicone
Sprayed all eletonics with LPS#1
covered ECU and fuse block with plastic bags -
added weather strip between hood back edge and body -
added drip loop to antenna wire -