Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1501 - 1511 of 1511 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Has anyone’s Ford dealership touched your TURD? Did they cringe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was not so worried about the gutters and draining on the air box. I worked on that. The issue with the dripping behind the tray is it can drip anywhere along the thing. I covered the connectors and the ECU but there was some drips on the engine too. I don't know how much or if it is getting to the coil bolts and plugs. Rather have it not do that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
UPDATE: 1 year after buying used 2018 transit

Hey guys, so I see that the TURD fix has been working however there is a bit of water building in the gutter area just above. I'm good here right? Should I be worried about it or just clean it out every time I wash the van and carry on?

Also I noticed surlybill (edit: not him, it was another dude) ignored the fix for the electrical cables and so did I because it didn't seem concerning. Recently it's rained a bit (a lot this morning), and I took some photos of the area after it stopped. Seems dry but I might do that plastic bottle cover thing (page 72, post 1418 i think). I scrolled a few pages and haven't seen a proper fix for the cables. I may try wrapping them in electrical tape or something but that also seems like a possible 'moisture trap'.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
I didn't ignore the driver side, I wrapped the harness with a used plastic bread bag and some zip ties to hold it on. Working perfect for almost 3 years now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fords fix is to slap some foil tape on the connector as a rain shield and call it good.

A little piece of tupperware would be my recommendation.
Thanks, I'm so nervous around engine bays. I always imagine one little diy fix to end up damaging something else while driving haha.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I checked mine. The air filter area seems fine. I see where the water build up did freeze up leaving me with a good visual of the water path.

However, going to driver side, definitely going to have make a cover of some kind. Yikes!

F***in' Ford's lack of intelligent design! :ROFLMAO:

Oh, what's with the foam blocks wrapped in clear plastic tucked in the fenders?

1501 - 1511 of 1511 Posts