Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning

I am looking to fit air springs to help with the extra load and will need a compressor, I would like to fit one that can also be used to reinflate the tires if we have to air down when off road.

Anyone have any good recommendations?

Lee

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've had an ARB installed in my 1998 Jeep for many years (don't remember the model). Used it in the heat and cold to air up my (and others) 37 in tires. Now I have an external Viair 45043 which I like. They also have an on-board version.

Another reason to have a good compressor is when we were on vacation in Oregon, there were no gas station compressors that could push 71 PSI into the van tires!

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
We have air suspension on our Sprinter. I recently upgraded the onboard air system. Probably more than most folks need but does have some nice features. At minimum would suggest mounting compressor away from the elements (inside or under hood). Compressing air creates moisture which can corrode the system from within.

Scroll down on this page of our Sprinter build for photos and more info about our on board air system: 2010 3500 RV build - Page 95 - Sprinter-Forum

All the best,
Hein
DIYvan
541 490 5098

1 - 3 of 3 Posts