Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 350 XLT HD passenger van converted
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to attempt to replace my 350 HD rear shocks with Rancho RS9000xl adjustable shocks. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0018YEKSU
The plan is to order some oem bushings and press them into the Ranchos. I'm not 100% this will work but I'm up for a challenge. I went this route since they are adjustable dampening and since Bilstein b6s are out of stock and Fox shocks are super expensive (and out of stock from the usual van upfitters?)
I will post my progress/results here.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I really like the adjustable Ranchos. I ran them on my Silverado for years.and I wish you success on this project! I think they will be great for those of us who change weight depending on day to day driving, versus full trip weight.

Reactions: Tcaschy021

·
Registered
40 Posts
Any progress on the Rancho install? I'm sick of waiting for the Bilsteins to be in stock.

Reactions: Tcaschy021

·
Registered
17 350 XLT HD passenger van converted
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
So just a small update...

OEM bushings/spacers came in and I started to press out the Rancho bushings. I think the only ones needed are the top ones. I have to get the OEM ones pressed in with a legit press since my home benchtop press is not up to the task.

My only issue with this setup is fear of the shock body hitting the frame under heavy compression. The Ranchos are 2.75 inch tubes so tad more spacing might be necessary.

I'll report my findings

1 - 5 of 5 Posts