Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'd like to bond a piece of the OEM mat over a section of the plywood floor in the garage area. In this particular case I'd like it to be permanent. The mat has a furry material on the bottom surface. I'm not sure what adhesive to use to ensure a good and lasting bond i.e. not lifting at the edges. I'd appreciate any recommendations for the best adhesive to use.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you use glue it is permanent. I had a pro install my commercial sheet vinyl and since it was rated to be a floating install he used some double sided tape at the slider and rear door areas. The tape he used is a specialty product sold at flooring supply outlets.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you use glue it is permanent. I had a pro install my commercial sheet vinyl and since it was rated to be a floating install he used some double sided tape at the slider and rear door areas. The tape he used is a specialty product sold at flooring supply outlets.
Thanks for the tape lead. I was looking to make it permanent in this case but tape could be a good fall-back option.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I'd like to bond a piece of the OEM mat over a section of the plywood floor in the garage area. In this particular case I'd like it to be permanent. The mat has a furry material on the bottom surface. I'm not sure what adhesive to use to ensure a good and lasting bond i.e. not lifting at the edges. I'd appreciate any recommendations for the best adhesive to use.
Not familiar with the mat, perhaps something from the carpet world. Especially as you have pointed out if glue is insufficient at the edges, staples might be easy and unobtrusive along the walls with some sort of carpet trim strip at the door edge? Permanent but not permanent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts