Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'd like to add the small single seat that came over to the side in some of the passenger vans. It's 16" wide.
It's my understanding that it also came in quick release.
I want to mount it near the side entry in my van as shown in the pic.

I believe some of the single seats were made to go over the wheel well and thus would not work in a standalone application like mine. So as I search, which vans came with the seat I need -10 seat 12 seat, 15 seat?
Also, when did they change the dark cloth seat pattern (2020?)
Mine is a 2018.
You guys have any advice regarding my plan?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
You would need to get a single 16" passenger seat from a 2019 model to the the same matching material as well as the quick release handles for that seat. The 2018 model still had the bolt-in seat and the 2020 model has the Ebony Cloth material that is different from yours. Best I would have would be one from a 2019 XL passenger van which would not have the 3" to 4" recline feature or single armrest. I would have the correct brackets for this seat.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would need to get a single 16" passenger seat from a 2019 model to the the same matching material as well as the quick release handles for that seat. The 2018 model still had the bolt-in seat and the 2020 model has the Ebony Cloth material that is different from yours. Best I would have would be one from a 2019 XL passenger van which would not have the 3" to 4" recline feature or single armrest. I would have the correct brackets for this seat.
Thank you very much. You are always a great help. The lack of recline and arm rest isn't a big deal since the seat won't be used much. I'll just need to get hardware and reinforcement plates to bolt it to the van floor right? How much do you want for your seat? Where is it and do you still travel back and forth between TX and MS?

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Thank you very much. You are always a great help. The lack of recline and arm rest isn't a big deal since the seat won't be used much. I'll just need to get hardware and reinforcement plates to bolt it to the van floor right? How much do you want for your seat? Where is it and do you still travel back and forth between TX and MS?
I have the seat in the storage building in Kansas City as well as the floor mounting brackets. You would just need the longer bolts to mount them in the floor. I have been making trips between TX and MO getting more seats to TX that I sell on craigslist.

Let me know when you might want to get the seat and I may be making a trip this coming week to MO. I will be attending the NASCAR races in Kansas City so I will be there for 4 or 5 days.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. Whatever is convenient for you. I'm in Fort Smith Arkansas. I could come get it, or meet you, or pay you for bringing it. I want a single seat but I'm not in a huge rush. It occurred to me that since they changed the seat pattern I better find one before too much more time passes and the older style becomes harder to find in good shape. I'm guessing 2019 seat avail will be dwindling and 2020-2021 will be increasing
...Let me know when you might want to get the seat and I may be making a trip this coming week to MO. I will be attending the NASCAR races in Kansas City so I will be there for 4 or 5 days...
I have a set of floor brackets you can have for free. Just send me a PM with your address and I will ship them out.
Thank you very much, Sounds like CrewVanManInfo has some with the seat though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts