Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of the most talked about topics on the forum is the towing capacity of the Ford Transit. This can be a important decision if you are planning to tow a trailer or other special equipment. Since I had previously had a lot of questions about it, I worked with Ryan and his website designer to add the 'Ford Transit Towing Guide' to the Matt Ford dealer website.

You can go to their website, www.mattford.com and when placing your curser on 'NEW CARS' and look to the right under 'TOOLS' and under that heading you will see the site "Transit Customers Pay Less at Matt Ford'. When you click on this site, it gives you a lot of information for your Transit.

A few of these features on this site include updated Ford Rebates for both Transit models and the Transit Connect, the 2018 Ford Transit Order Guide that you can read or print the 26 pages of information to help you in ordering a NEW 2018 model Transit, the Ford Transit Body Decoder link that gives you the codes for ALL the Ford Transit body styles so you will know the 3 digit code that is part of the Ford Transit VIN (5th to 7th digit) when looking for a particular Transit body style, and NOW the Ford Transit Towing Guide.

Forgot to mention that Transit photos of various models and some of the options that you have interest in but NEVER see them on a Transit at your local Ford dealer are at the bottom of the page. Lots of forum members have looked at these option pictures and made a decision to order some of these options on their ordered Transit or look for existing vehicles with these options. A good way to know what is available and what it looks like on the vehicle.

·
Registered
200 Posts
One of the most talked about topics on the forum is the towing capacity of the Ford Transit. This can be a important decision if you are planning to tow a trailer or other special equipment. Since I had previously had a lot of questions about it, I worked with Ryan and his website designer to add the 'Ford Transit Towing Guide' to the Matt Ford dealer website.
CrewVanMan,

When I google "Transit Towing Selector" I find a Ford pdf with a list of the different Transit types and their tow capacities. It looks like it was created Oct 25 of last year. Can we all expect to see the new Transit's fuel economy results as well as tow capacities some time this month? I'm curious how much tow capacity will change with the new AWD system available as well as how the new AWD and 10-speed automatic will also affect fuel economy for the 150 passenger version.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just listed a forum thread 2 days ago (Ford Issued Towing Guide/Charts for 2020 Transit) with the Ford towing guide that has ALL of the Ford vehicles by year model with the details on the 2020 Transit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts