Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2017 t-250 which lines do i change in the as-built data to program in the b c m -p c m and ? for cruise control

·
Registered
112 Posts
Did you buy a new or used steering wheel? I didnt do it on my transit 350 that I have (it came with cruise from the factory) but I added it on a transit connect that I have. You should just need to change the setting in the BCM to get it to work. I think it might also be saved in the cluster or something but that is just a backup in case the BCM is replaced I think.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a new ford steering wheel. I changed the b.c.m for cruise but could not find the a.s.c in the b c m. but the forscan is new to me so I need to take time with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
adaptive speed control is in the b.c m and or I. p c but as I have studied I pretty sure I will have to re code the as-build data in the van.

·
Super Moderator
2,672 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi @fleet man ,

I said on Facebook that I would dig into this for you when my wife returned with her 2018 van and was just reminded when I saw this, sorry for the delay.

This morning I uploaded some files from her van to my website that you might decipher:

As-Built Body CM data as of today

Older As-Built Body CM data in pdf format

As-Built PCM data as of today
(some of the things I researched indicated that the PCM might handle some cruise functions)
thank you all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you all help is appreciated.
if you could send me your vin number . I have the as-build hacker this will help me. did your van come from the factory with cruise control ? and base stereo ? and any other extra options ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
@fleet man have you made any progress on this? I'm attempting the same and am thinking that I need to upgrade my instrument cluster in order to get it to work. I have the most basic cluster that only shows miles to empty and trip odometer. I've gone through FORScan and changed everything that I thought would enable cruise only to realize that the issue might be with my cluster.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I dont think you need a cluster, my transit connect upgrade worked with a basic cluster. It would be better to verify if anyone has cruise control and a basic cluster, pretty sure I've seen this though.

Did either of you check if the steering wheel clock spring had the necessary wires or if it was a different part number for vehicles with cruise control.

Also with FORScan I think you can view the status of all the digital inputs, and cruise control buttons should be one of these. I think but Im not sure because I dont have my wiring diagrams with me but the buttons are inputs to the clock-spring or steering angle sensor(not sure what ford calls it) then that info is sent via a can bus to all the modules by the clock spring.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Checking the clock spring for wires would have been smart, but I didn't even look. I'll dig into that to see what I can find. The backlight on the steering wheel buttons does work, so I know that there was at least 1 unused wire when fitted with the basic steering wheel.

Good call on using FORScan to view the realtime inputs. I'll try that when I get a minute.

@dinocarsfast does your dash have any indication that your cruise control is on or off? I didn't think that the basic cluster had a light for that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i was able to get the as-built file for a o e m transit but the transit that I want to program doesn't have the line available to program so the euro platform is so different that the I p c will need replaced and possibly the b c m . the transit connect has the correct stile cluster that it is much e-z'er to add cruise. I went as far as to try and join a eruo transit site but they wont let me join , that is where I read a post about replacing the b c m to get the cruise working.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Checking the clock spring for wires would have been smart, but I didn't even look. I'll dig into that to see what I can find. The backlight on the steering wheel buttons does work, so I know that there was at least 1 unused wire when fitted with the basic steering wheel.

Good call on using FORScan to view the realtime inputs. I'll try that when I get a minute.

@dinocarsfast does your dash have any indication that your cruise control is on or off? I didn't think that the basic cluster had a light for that.
if you check the part number they are the same for a transit with cruise and with out.. call the dealer and check for your self

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@fleet man have you made any progress on this? I'm attempting the same and am thinking that I need to upgrade my instrument cluster in order to get it to work. I have the most basic cluster that only shows miles to empty and trip odometer. I've gone through FORScan and changed everything that I thought would enable cruise only to realize that the issue might be with my cluster.
I made an update read below

·
Registered
28 Posts
@fleet man or @lmleblanc any progress on this? I have an '18 with a base wheel / stereo and no cruise. I've got some good digital and analog electronics experience and was considering taking this on as a project... though I have not used Forscan before or done any electrical mods to my Transit (other than an aftermarket stereo).

I'm hoping to collaborate and share notes.

So far my plan is:
  • Buy steering wheel with cruise, either with or without radio control buttons
  • Plan to re-use stock airbag / horn / cover. I haven't heard anyone mention this and assume they are compatible
  • Plan to re-use stock instrument cluster as this thread indicates it's the same part number
  • Set up Forscan and start hacking away.
Not related but as I have larger tires (275/45/16 K02) I'd like to try to work on calibrating the speedometer also.

·
Registered
112 Posts
@fleet man or @lmleblanc any progress on this? I have an '18 with a base wheel / stereo and no cruise. I've got some good digital and analog electronics experience and was considering taking this on as a project... though I have not used Forscan before or done any electrical mods to my Transit (other than an aftermarket stereo).

I'm hoping to collaborate and share notes.

So far my plan is:
  • Buy steering wheel with cruise, either with or without radio control buttons
  • Plan to re-use stock airbag / horn / cover. I haven't heard anyone mention this and assume they are compatible
  • Plan to re-use stock instrument cluster as this thread indicates it's the same part number
  • Set up Forscan and start hacking away.
Not related but as I have larger tires (275/45/16 K02) I'd like to try to work on calibrating the speedometer also.
I dont think anyone has been successful yet, I have some ideas about things to try but I my van already has cruise so its a low priority for me and I dont have a lot of free time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok thanks @dinocarsfast for the reply. Makes sense. I'll probably try to figure out how to disconnect my airbag and remove the steering wheel and take a look at the plugs and wiring harness. I am happy to post photos of the wires in my base-trim van. If anyone with cruise has pictures of how many wires connect. I may also play around with FORScan to see if I can find any cruise related settings or gauges to view cruise/button state.

My new steering wheel is in the mail but won't be here until next week. The number of wires present on the other side should also help give me a hint if there's a possibility of missing wires on the vehicle side.

·
Registered
70 Posts
No progress here. I'll probably be selling my steering wheel soon. My van was missing wires at the steering wheel, but I didn't remove the slip ring to see if the wires were available further back.

I was able to get the speedometer adjusted correctly to account for my 245/70R16 tires though.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts