Ford Transit USA Forum banner
441 - 460 of 474 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a VIN: 1FTBR2CG5MKA40376
There is a window sticker available.
I agreed to buy this van from a dealer, I did not order it myself.
However, I can’t find any online proof this van exists, that it was actually built, that is enroute from the factory to somewhere, anywhere.
My dealer hasn’t been helpful in answering my concerns. His story is that is it headed first to another dealer, then it will transfer to him.
I don’t have a “customer order number”, so I can’t use the Ford tracking website.
He has only provided his “assurances” that all is fine. No screen shots or status report, etc.
With all of the forum discussion of delays, and computer chip shortages, plant shutdowns, model year ending, etc, I am thinking maybe I just go back to searching for a van that meets my needs, that I can actually touch, I can see exists.

·
Registered
'21 XLT MR 148 Wagon, Eco, 3:31 LSD, RWD, PSD, NAV, ACC
282 Posts
I have a VIN: 1FTBR2CG5MKA40376
There is a window sticker available.
I agreed to buy this van from a dealer, I did not order it myself.
However, I can’t find any online proof this van exists, that it was actually built, that is enroute from the factory to somewhere, anywhere.
My dealer hasn’t been helpful in answering my concerns. His story is that is it headed first to another dealer, then it will transfer to him.
I don’t have a “customer order number”, so I can’t use the Ford tracking website.
He has only provided his “assurances” that all is fine. No screen shots or status report, etc.
With all of the forum discussion of delays, and computer chip shortages, plant shutdowns, model year ending, etc, I am thinking maybe I just go back to searching for a van that meets my needs, that I can actually touch, I can see exists.
@Jking1224
We all understand your frustration, worry, confusion. I got you.

"However, I can’t find any online proof this van exists, that it was actually built, that is enroute from the factory to somewhere, anywhere."
---By virtue of having a VIN, and window sticker the Transit definitely exists.
From my toils in the fields of window sticker decoding I am suggesting the following things to be true:
1--The customer order # is : 3010 (and is really pretty useless to us)
2--The order is a "non-retail" special order. Perhaps a Fleet, or Company order. (Blue border rather than Green is the tell)
3--The Transit was likely built and rolled off the line 4/14/21, It appears to have been shipped from the plant by 4/30/21
4--The Transit is destined for Wyoming...and being that it likely shipped only 7 days ago may not have arrived at its destination dealer yet. So right now could justifiably be a period where nothing is knowable.
5--Jack Cooper Transit has a freight bill # for the Transit, so yeah....its going somewhere.

I know most dealers suck, and leave a would be customer in the dark far too often. Right now your choice is to trust and be patient, with a side of try to kindly ask for verifications......... Or good luck finding another one!
My feeling is that your dealer is not making up an elaborate story. The story might be elaborate because its the truth. Dude wants to sell, not tell stories for free.....

You might could search all Wyoming Ford dealer websites for the VIN. It will often "autopopulate" on their website before the arrival of the actual vehicle....
(Somehow I think it is destined for Freemont Ford in Scotts Bluff WY, or Phil Long Ford in Chapel Hill, CO---could this be correct?)

You're welcome. Good Luck with a purchase. And you can Venmo me @kevvyd🤣

Explanation and picture of Ford Window Sticker

Mach-E Order Tracker Tool [Enter VIN]

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
What dealer are you dealing with? I am showing your specific VIN was ordered at Fremont Ford and it looks like they ordered 3 more just like it for ALL of their dealers. MKA40377, 40378, & 40379.

If you know EXACTLY what you want, send it to me via PM and I can see what is available. I look at the window sticker from the VIN you listed.
Here are the full VINs from the other 3 if you want to look at those window sticker. Just insert the full VIN in place of the other listed VIN.

www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FTBR2CG5MKA40376

1FTBR2CG7MKA40377
1FTBR2CG9MKA40378
1FTBR2CG0MKA40379

·
Registered
7 Posts
Since I originally posted, I have also located the "siblings" being delivered to Fremont located in WY and NE. And, as of today, the original VIN 376 still has unknown status (at least my salesman hasnt told me anything). My dealer is in CO and is apparently buying or trading with the Fremont Dealer.

All of that matters none at this point. My original dealer now has another unit in stock, onsite, in hand, that very closely matches the previous unit (some differences on the options) and I have agreed to buy this new unit.

Thanks for your attention to my matter. I am set and will pick up next week my T250, AWD, LSD 3.73, EcoBoost, Mid Roof, 148",

·
Registered
15 Posts
How accurate were these shipping dates for you that got your vans? I got this email today.

YOUR VEHICLE HAS BEEN BUILT

Great news! Your 2022 Transit XL CREW VAN has been built. We are performing some final inspections on your vehicle to get it ready for shipment.
Our current estimate for delivery to North County Ford is be‍tween June 24, 2022 an‍d June 30, 2022.​

·
Registered
2022 XLT Low-Roof Passenger (ordered Oct 2021, received May 2022)
289 Posts
How accurate were these shipping dates for you that got your vans? I got this email today.

YOUR VEHICLE HAS BEEN BUILT

Great news! Your 2022 Transit XL CREW VAN has been built. We are performing some final inspections on your vehicle to get it ready for shipment.
Our current estimate for delivery to North County Ford is be‍tween June 24, 2022 an‍d June 30, 2022.​

My date was 3-4 weeks out from the build date. Still in transit as of two weeks out. I'll let you know when it arrives. Mine is going to Ohio so I'm guessing yours has a bit longer of a journey plus has to go through customs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well.. The day finally arrived
2022 150 MR CREW AWD EXTERIOR 130" WHEELBASE ABYSS GRAY 3.5L ECOBOOST

Ordered 10/21

The base price went up $4,000 since I originally placed the order at price level 220 but two price increases since then bumped it up $4k. I pleaded my case for them and did my research here and let them know that they needed to honor the 220 price level and they said take it or we'll sell it for more if you don't want it. After 30mins of arguing they called Ford and found out that I was actually correct and they had never heard of this before. The GM wasn't there so they couldn't get approval to do it at less than Sticker and mentioned that it takes 45 days for them to get paid which screws with their accounting. They said we could work it out next week when the GM was back.

We will see next week if they do the right thing. I will be pulling my MachE order if they don't

Any one else experience this or have any words of advice?

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts

Ordered 10/21

The base price went up $4,000 since I originally placed the order at price level 220 but two price increases since then bumped it up $4k. I pleaded my case for them and did my research here and let them know that they needed to honor the 220 price level and they said take it or we'll sell it for more if you don't want it. After 30mins of arguing they called Ford and found out that I was actually correct and they had never heard of this before. The GM wasn't there so they couldn't get approval to do it at less than Sticker and mentioned that it takes 45 days for them to get paid which screws with their accounting. They said we could work it out next week when the GM was back.

We will see next week if they do the right thing. I will be pulling my MachE order if they don't

Did you get the price in writing when you ordered, not just the preview sheet with MSRP, but some sort of sales order sheet with an out the door price or price plus tax?

·
Registered
Ordered - 2022 350 HR AWD EB in Blue Jean Metallic
147 Posts

Ordered 10/21

Well if they don't do you right. Report North County Ford to the masses to warn others not to do business with them.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well if they don't do you right. Report North County Ford to the masses to warn others not to do business with them.
I think we have to know a little more about what was said and signed at the time the order was placed before rushing to judgment.

·
Registered
Ordered - 2022 350 HR AWD EB in Blue Jean Metallic
147 Posts
I think we have to know a little more about what was said and signed at the time the order was placed before rushing to judgment.
I guess I was just thinking about how I would feel and react if I went to pick up my custom ordered van and couldn't.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I placed the order with them maybe it was my ignorance of the thought of a price increase happening after I placed the order. When I placed the order I got a receipt for my $500 deposit and a signed preview order. I didn't think to ask for an "out the door" signed contract. I'd love for the group to have a talk track for this as I know a lot of people are going to run into the same experience when their vans arrive.

·
Registered
289 Posts
When I placed the order with them maybe it was my ignorance of the thought of a price increase happening after I placed the order. When I placed the order I got a receipt for my $500 deposit and a signed preview order. I didn't think to ask for an "out the door" signed contract. I'd love for the group to have a talk track for this as I know a lot of people are going to run into the same experience when their vans arrive.
Any oral discussion? That's a big grey area. You're really at their mercy because I'm not sure that the preview sheet legally obligates them to sell it to you at MSRP because MSRP is A SUGGESTED retail price, not THE retail price. And they could sell it to someone else for more if you back out, and I'm not sure you have enough evidence to sue them in small claims count if they won't budge. So you might be stuck between paying what they want and leaving a 1-star review in Google and walking away. Sorry.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Your "talk track" is that if you have a signed order with the price you agreed upon when ordering, either out the door or pre-tax, then you point them to that and say this is what we agreed upon, and if they won't honor it then pay what they want and sue them in small claims court for breach of contract for the difference and take your car somewhere else for service!

·
Registered
15 Posts
For those following along.. Here is the latest message from the dealer

"Good afternoon. I understand that the price difference was significant between what you thought you would be paying and the actual MSRP of the vehicle. It is unfortunate that supply chain issues and overall increases in materials is causing there to be increases across the board on sold orders. I understand that the sales department reached out to Ford and they had mentioned that there would be a credit for base level pricing differences. This has happened in the past, however the difference sent to us by Ford, rarely matches the true difference in price. I am not a believer in keeping something that should rightfully go to the customer. If/When Ford sends a payment for a base level price difference, I am happy to apply that money to you. However, it is imperative that you are not expecting a check in the neighborhood of $4,000.

The differences usually come 30-60 days after the reported sold date. I will keep an eye out for your VIN on our July/August Statement."

·
Registered
289 Posts
I posted something over on the Dealers & Orders page. Maybe someone with such powers will pin it to the top of the page.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
@laskaroy Nice looking Transit! What a bummer that the dealer is playing games with you over it.

At time of order, did you have a written agreement or an email with price to be paid?
Question: If the Preview Order has the total price on it, what other contract would there need to be? Or what other contract would there usually be?

I thought it was:

--Preview Order with Options and Price, signed.
--Driver's License provided for COVP
--Deposit sent and receipt signed (with the deposit amount on it).

Is there some other contract that people usually get on a COVP?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
@laskaroy Nice looking Transit! What a bummer that the dealer is playing games with you over it.

Question: If the Preview Order has the total price on it, what other contract would there need to be? Or what other contract would there usually be?

I thought it was:

--Preview Order with Options and Price, signed.
--Driver's License provided for COVP
--Deposit sent and receipt signed (with the deposit amount on it).

Is there some other contract that people usually get on a COVP?
I think most preview orders just show MSRP. Some also show invoice price.

Mine just showed MSRP, but I had a separate "price quote" in an email.

When the van showed up, I paid that exact price even though the MSRP went up slightly and the dealer charged higher fees by then. They honored the original deal, but we had an exact agreed upon price in writing.

441 - 460 of 474 Posts