Ford Transit USA Forum banner
421 - 440 of 474 Posts

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
We originally had builds dates on October 25th, 28th, and October 30th. Then Ford moved them to December 2nd and 14th and the 3 we had in November got moved back 2 weeks. Indications are that Ford is building more 2019 Transit FLEET units for Amazon or the rental companies...we are trying to find out now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We originally had builds dates on October 25th, 28th, and October 30th. Then Ford moved them to December 2nd and 14th and the 3 we had in November got moved back 2 weeks. Indications are that Ford is building more 2019 Transit FLEET units for Amazon or the rental companies...we are trying to find out now.
Thanks VanCrewMan. This helps those waiting for dates to plan. We sold our E350 Extended van in 3 days so now we are vanless....

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Here is a timeline on our first delivered 2020 Transit AWD model.

8/22/19.....Order entered into Ford Order system
8/29/19.....Order pulled for scheduling with WEEK of October 28th build
8/30/19.....Scheduled for build DAY of October 30th
10/04/19...Order changed to WEEK of December 16th
11/01/19...Scheduled for build DAY of December 16th
11/08/10...ANOTHER CHANGE..to WEEK of November 25th
11/09/19..NOW...Scheduled for build DAY of November 27th
11/13/19...Paperwork sent to plant to start production and online window sticker available for viewing. During this time, the body shell is built and other parts are lined up for getting together on the assembly line
12/02/19...Transit VIN LKA03772 is built and completed assembly
12/08/19...Passes Quality Control inspection and is released for holding lot/Shipment (ETA showing 12/8 to 12/14). At some point after this date, the Transit is sent to a special area for testing the AWD system. Given this information by plant workers and NOT from Ford.
12/12/19...ETA date has been changed to December 13th to 19th. This may be when testing was done.
12/19/19...Transit DELIVERED to Matt Ford!

Nearly 4 months after the order is downloaded into the Ford order system, the Transit is FINALLY delivered to Matt Ford. Most of the changes in this order and orders still waiting for production have to do with delays in having certain NEW electronics options available at the plant for installation to these Transit vehicles.

Waiting to get the Matt Ford CrewVan order to a FINAL delivery DATE with a original order date of August 6th. Current update is showing it as 'Scheduled for build WEEK of February 24th' even though Ford had scheduled it for build DAY of December 17th on December 3rd and then BACK to the February 24th date on December 10th.

Looks like we may have it 7 MONTHS after placing the order! PATIENCE!!!
...Definition..."The capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset"

·
Registered
61 Posts
We just received word that our R3U Transit has been delivered to the dealer and is ready for pickup. The order to delivery time was 55 days. Here's a summary of the timeline:

Nov 14, placed order
Nov 19, received VIN and tentative build week of Jan 27, 2020
Dec 10, window sticker showed up with invoice date of 12/9 and blend date of 12/19/2019
Dec 10, checked with dealer and he said van is scheduled to be built week of 12/16
Dec 27, dealer let us know Transit has been built and has been loaded onto a railcar
Jan 8, dealer received van
Jan 9, van checked out and ready for pickup

The van is in the Portland OR area so we now just need to find a three day weather window to pick it up.

Reactions: MNT250

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Based on the current 2021 Transit orders, the first group of stock ordered units will be showing up the second week of February. Those build dates are falling into January 26th to January 29th production. Ford moved a large group of the R2X body styles to the WEEK of February 22nd so it looks like they are looking ro build out a lot of HR models at that time.

·
Registered
9,162 Posts
Based on the current 2021 Transit orders, the first group of stock ordered units will be showing up the second week of February. Those build dates are falling into January 26th to January 29th production. Ford moved a large group of the R2X body styles to the WEEK of February 22nd so it looks like they are looking ro build out a lot of HR models at that time.
I searched, didn't find an answer; what is the average time between ordering and delivery these days? 2months? 6 months? I know it fluctuates with factories and suppliers closing and opening due to pandemic.

·
Registered
'21 XLT MR 148 Wagon, Eco, 3:31 LSD, RWD, PSD, NAV, ACC
282 Posts
I am pretty sure that mine, ordered 12/10/20, arrived in Baltimore today......
Ford online tracking say n'yet.
Dealer site says YES🤞
(date on the bottom of the window sticker changed to date 2/09/21, from 2/03/21, this morning)
edit: I called the car Dealer this AM....Van is NOT there yet😟

@SirHomerSimpson @PNW_Camper @CrewVanManInfo

·
Registered
134 Posts
That it is
Thank you for taking the time to post the pictures. I ordered the carbonized gray as well after much back and forth. I’ve generally always had white or light silver vehicles to help hide the light colored dust we have around here. With these vans there’s just so much surface area and the white seemed a bit much. After seeing the photos you posted I’m feeling great about the decision to switch to the new carbonized gray. Thanks again! Nice looking rig and I hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
2021 350 HR PASS XLT AWD 3.5L ECOBOOST
86 Posts
Picked mine up yesterday. Posted on it in the Tracking VIN thread. More pics here.

2021 350 HR PASS XLT AWD XLT Avalanche Gray

Order Confirmation from dealer 11/06/20. He predicted Mid-March from the beginning.
Order Confirmed 11/09/20 - Per the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking site
Got my VIN from dealer 02/03/21 - not sure when he got it though.
On 03/06/21 out of the blue I saw on the tracking site that it had arrived at dealer - 13 days ahead of what the tracking site said and before the 'Shipped' box was even checked.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 R2C Ecoboost Buejeans
65 Posts
I ordered a 148 MR AWD not XL with Eco-Boost and the Adventure Package....on 12/18/20. No info yet for build or VIN. I hear about allocation and part delays but have received no confirmation on anything except that “you are next in line”. Any help/hope on times would put me in a better mood.

·
Registered
2021 R2C Ecoboost Buejeans
65 Posts
I ordered a 148 MR AWD not XL with Eco-Boost and the Adventure Package....on 12/18/20. No info yet for build or VIN. I hear about allocation and part delays but have received no confirmation on anything except that “you are next in line”. Any help/hope on times would put me in a better mood.
Sorry to answer my own post, but Crewvanman has saved my summer. I’m picking up a similar van to my original order on Tuesday. Can’t wait to start building. This forum has not only been a planning guide, it has turned into a network of friendly and helpful resources. I hope to pass along any tips I discover to repay my gratitude.

421 - 440 of 474 Posts