Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 425 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered a custom Transit and actually received delivery of their vehicle, as ordered?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great question PeterR and has anyone received it with in the 60 day or 14 to 16 week proclaimed lead times?

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Post your VIN, order date, and location here and then update it when you receive your van. That way we can see what kind of time frame it takes from order date to delivery.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Post your VIN, order date, and location here and then update it when you receive your van. That way we can see what kind of time frame it takes from order date to delivery.
Actually I was hoping to keep this thread limited to the topic of actual custom vehicles received, after which each recipient can deconstruct the problems involved in getting ACTUAL delivery.

The following thread is a good place to continue keeping track of the sequence which CrewVanMan has ID'd.

http://www.fordtransitusaforum.com/purchasing-ordering/3594-tracking-build-dates.html

Thanks for understanding.

Peter

·
Registered
90 Posts
Its been 8 weeks now since the delivery date that my dealer gave me, I will post here when it does arrive.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have ordered mine on Sep 19, 2014: Not even a VIN number as of today. Dealer said delivery should be mid November .... doubt it, based on other members experiences. LWB/HR/Diesel, many options.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
19 Posts
Special Order 6/18: Still Waiting

Howdy. I've been lurking in the background and digging for info for about a year, not much of a poster as I have little to add. We showed up at the dealership ready to roll and pulled the trigger 6/18/14 on an EcoBoost extra long, extra tall for a camper conversion with most of the normal options (I have most of the inside built out in the garage, inluding water, tandem bike slider and the kitchen counter).

Our van was built 10/17 and shipped this week. Expected date is by 11/17. Took the dealership some Fat Tire beer yesterday and even called Ford rep this week as well. I've got mixed signals about when the van was actually ordered, but either way...it looks like I haven't missed the party yet.

I am interested in knowing if anyone on here is a dealer/rep and can provide the detailed tracking record. I've seen on other sites, mostly related to the Raptor and Boss 302, that folks are seeing details of when and where the vehicle is in the "CONVOY" phase. It looks like a UPS tracking record. If anyone has access to this and would be willing to hook me up, please PM me.

Ordered: 6/18, Built: 10/17, shipped 10/20s, expected 11/17.

Any thread recommendations for insulation, moisture control/barriers, corrosion are welcome. Thanks folks!

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Your dealer can give you this information on tracking your Transit. You get the delivering railway and the rail car number and go to the railway site. Your transit will go to a local distribution center where it is offloaded and put on a truck for delivery. Recently took pictures of some Transit vans being loaded at the Forney Road Distribution Center for delivery in the DFW area. They go on a special one level trailer with 3 Transits per trailer.

I have pictures if you would like to see how they go from the distribution center. Just send me a private message with your direct email.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rec. my van today. Ordered June 26. 250 ext high roof, 3.2 diesel,tow package,most options. Dealer in Mo. about 120 miles from Ford plant.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Howdy. I've been lurking in the background and digging for info for about a year, not much of a poster as I have little to add. We showed up at the dealership ready to roll and pulled the trigger 6/18/14 on an EcoBoost extra long, extra tall for a camper conversion with most of the normal options (I have most of the inside built out in the garage, inluding water, tandem bike slider and the kitchen counter).

Our van was built 10/17 and shipped this week. Expected date is by 11/17. Took the dealership some Fat Tire beer yesterday and even called Ford rep this week as well. I've got mixed signals about when the van was actually ordered, but either way...it looks like I haven't missed the party yet.

I am interested in knowing if anyone on here is a dealer/rep and can provide the detailed tracking record. I've seen on other sites, mostly related to the Raptor and Boss 302, that folks are seeing details of when and where the vehicle is in the "CONVOY" phase. It looks like a UPS tracking record. If anyone has access to this and would be willing to hook me up, please PM me.

Ordered: 6/18, Built: 10/17, shipped 10/20s, expected 11/17.

Any thread recommendations for insulation, moisture control/barriers, corrosion are welcome. Thanks folks!
MaxCat, would you please consider using this thread to report timing issues before actual delivery?

http://www.fordtransitusaforum.com/purchasing-ordering/3594-tracking-build-dates.html

I started this thread to track actual deliveries of custom-ordered Transits, to keep the replies on-topic to this specific issue. Note actual vehicle received by marvin356!

Thanks for understanding.

Peter

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rec. my van today. Ordered June 26. 250 ext high roof, 3.2 diesel,tow package,most options. Dealer in Mo. about 120 miles from Ford plant.
KaChing !!!! We have a winner -- marvin356 is the first to post actual receipt of a custom-ordered van!

June 26th to October 30th is 18 weeks, slightly over the 14-16 weeks estimated lead time by ARI the fleet management company, until today when the lead time was shortened to 10-12 weeks! [in red]

Fleet Management - ARI

·
Registered
44 Posts
Van just arrived at the dealership, 4 days early! Picking it up tomorrow morning, I will post pictures.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Van just arrived at the dealership, 4 days early! Picking it up tomorrow morning, I will post pictures.
Yes!

Good to see dado6, as the Wagons have been slow in coming. Please let us know if any other Wagons arrived at your dealer. Yours is close to what I am looking for in the 130" WB with the low roof.

You ordered your Wagon in early August as I recall? So about 12 weeks from order to delivery? [edit -- what state are you in if you don't mind?]

1 - 20 of 425 Posts