Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My van has less then 500miles and the AC has quit. Took it to the dealer and they don't know what the issue is. It will only blow out 50 degree air. Anyone else having AC issues????:(

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
If the dealer agrees there is a problem and can't fix it, call Ford. If Ford won't help, call a lemon law attorney.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer called and said they need to change the entire heater assembly. They will be removing the dash to this.

The future isn't what it use to be.

·
Registered
19 Posts
A/C in my work can is having issues as well. Just hit a 1,000 miles. It blows cold for initial start up of compressor and than humid warmer air whether on highway or in traffic. The van goes in for warranty service on Tuesday morning. I'll keep you posted and I pray they don't have to replace the entire A/C unit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also, It has the symptoms of a faulty compressor or low refrigerant. Hopefully there's not a leak... Compressor will cycle on/off constantly and the air will blow ice cold for say 6 seconds and then warmer/humid air for about the same time. It did not do this when I drove it the first week after purchasing. Crossing my fingers here...

·
Registered
222 Posts
That sounds like a faulty pressure or thermal switch, or possibly thermostat. I haven't worked on a/c systems for over a decade, they may have completely different control systems now. Hopefully your dealer has somebody good at troubleshooting and not just swapping parts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The dealer has some of the best troubleshooters I've seen at any dealership in a long time. Why I bought the van from there... Anywho, they def found some ground short error code in the BCM and reset it and now my AC has been working flawlessly for about 34 miles. Now back to the same issues... They agree it's some sort of temp sensor of recirc/fresh air valve malfunction and submitted to ford for parts approval. We shall see how this goes. I have a feeling my dash will also be disassembled...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I only worry because I am now noticing that my upfitters bolted my racks where Ford labeled a "no drill zone" due to wiring... I really hope my upfitters heeded the Ford spec but why hold my breath? We shall see soon enough

·
Registered
409 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I put some pop rivets in the area just aft of the slider. Purportedly a boron steel area. A cheap HF TiN step drill did fine. I could tell it was harder than the rest of the body, but still cut ok. I'm told the TiN bits work best on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
OMG Just got my van, has only 122 miles, the light came on, drove saturday to dealer, the guy that sold it to me said it was dripping lots of water. So I turned of the air , the light went out. It will be back to the dealer on Monday!
Now I get from reading your post this truck has a problem with the AC.
I blanken live in AZ.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My van has less then 500miles and the AC has quit. Took it to the dealer and they don't know what the issue is. It will only blow out 50 degree air. Anyone else having AC issues????:(
Yes new van 122 miles, light went on leaking bad, turned of AC light went out, back to dealer Monday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 2016 Ford transit T150, within a span of 2 months I've already replaced two compressors, both front and rear evaporators and a line that was leaking. Got it back from the dealership last week and the ac stopped working yesterday morning. Going back to the dealership tomorrow to see what's wrong it this time

·
Registered
666 Posts
The AC on my ‘15 Tranny has quit blowing cold air a couple of times. I unplugged the huge wiring harness plug on top of the ECU, sprayed electrical contact cleaner on both ends of the plug, let dry, and reassembled the wiring harness plug. It’s been posted before that many gremlins of the electrical system arise from this oft water soaked connection.

I really need to make a TURD for this plug.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts