Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ford Transit T-250 (148" WB, High Roof)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I googled and searched this forum for a hour and couldn’t find clarity on this. I recently picked up this two seat bench (2018) and wanna install in my transit. Problem is, it doesn’t have the quick disconnect mounts. I’m cool with that, but not sure what rails to buy that would work with these mounts. Are these for “bolted version” rails like these?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Automotive tire Tread Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Camera lens Flash photography
Automotive tire Tread Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Camera lens Flash photography
Automotive tire Tread Bumper Automotive exterior Gas
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Camera lens Flash photography

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
This looks like a single 16" seat from a 2015-18 Transit passenger van that uses the floor mounting brackets with the rear bolt-in slot. I would need to see the full front of the seat but based on the look of the seat brackets and the spacing between them, that is what it looks like.

·
Super Moderator
4,100 Posts
Those legs are not quick release, they need rails with the torx bolt mount in the back.
here is a poor quality image of one:
Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Fixture Auto part

You indicate this is a double seat. If that is the case, chances are that the legs were swapped with single seat ones because those legs were only used on single seats up through 2018.

There are two options:
1. if you intend to mount the seat but not remove it often, get two rails like the one pictured.
2. If you want to be able to take the seat in and out easily, swap the legs with quick release ones and get a pair of regular rails.

·
Registered
2021 Ford Transit T-250 (148" WB, High Roof)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys, thanks so much for the help. Despite my terrible pictures it seems like you figured it out. Yes it is indeed a 2-person seat, so I think your theory is correct (someone swapped in single seat mounts for some reason).
I took a couple more up close shots - seems very clear the bolt version rails will mount this seat. Here’s a couple more shots for reference:
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle door Car seat cover
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Floor
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive lighting Finger Automotive exterior

@CrewVanManInfo - will send you a PM. I’m deffinitely interested in the shorter rails you mentioned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts