Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We took possession of the van mid October ‘18 and really started building at the start of February. We began with a vague idea of what we wanted, no tools, relatively little experience. Now we’ve built everything out and the only things left are actual van upgrades (rear shock upgrade, shortened suspension mount kit, larger tires etc.)

This forum and its members have been a real boon! (For size reference this is a LWB HR, and I'm 6'4 (last photo), I love how much room there is.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
What does the shortened suspension mount kit do? Lower the van by how much? Both front and back? What do you give up by installing this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What does the shortened suspension mount kit do? Lower the van by how much? Both front and back? What do you give up by installing this?

I misspoke, I was referring to the VanCompass High-clearance shock extension brackets. They move the shock up from factory by 2”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
662 Posts
Top notch work.

My van will never be 100%, but I enjoy the build process as much as the actual travel. I am however looking forward to the day when it doesn’t consume ALL my spare time! Then I will call it “done”.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts