Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,660 Posts
I think I remember him saying it was a low roof AWD. This is one of the biggest reasons why I went to Matt Ford for my Extended High Roof. It was delivered to Matt Ford a few days after being built.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
The LR model can be shipped on a 2 level railcar like most other vehicles. The only problem you have is the railroad schedules the Transit shipments all over the USA and Canada so the train may makes multiple stops from leaving Kansas City and arriving in the Regional Distribution Center close to your dealership and then going from there to the dealership by auto convoy.

The MR & HR models take a special single level railcar that is in short supply and that can extend the time that your Transit can be loaded and transported on the railroad lines. Once they get to the Regional Distribution Center, they will need to be transported by a flat bed truck or trailer to the dealership.

Buying your Transit from Matt Ford will get it delivered from 8 to 20 days after the build date. A lot depends on what options you have on the vehicle that requires the movement of the Transit once it leaves the assembly plant. A lot of equipment is added to the Transit with outside upfitters so that is what may extend the time to get it to the dealership.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what is added by outside up fitters? Obviously becides shelving and stuff... My fan is still held up due to no supply of the front camera. Mine might be a 2021 by the time I get it.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Vanpackr

Your van came directly from the plant via flat bed truck. Sometimes they have a load of Transits that need to be at a certain location at a precise time, especially the fleet ordered ones. I think yours came with 2 Amazon vans that Ford is trying to get moved out so they can put them in service. Your van may had been on a load with them coming to the DFW area and they ended up at Westway Ford and offloaded yours at Grapevine Ford.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Vanpackr

Your van came directly from the plant via flat bed truck. Sometimes they have a load of Transits that need to be at a certain location at a precise time, especially the fleet ordered ones. I think yours came with 2 Amazon vans that Ford is trying to get moved out so they can put them in service. Your van may had been on a load with them coming to the DFW area and they ended up at Westway Ford and offloaded yours at Grapevine Ford.
Maybe they knew I was a Prime member. ;-)

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I read a story yesterday about Grain shippers in western Kansas who wanted to ship Grain via Rail west to Seattle Wash., They said first the grain train went East to Kansas City, Then to Omaha, Then to Minneapolis and then on to Seattle, They said it was 3 weeks before the Grain train ever started moving West!
The western Kansas grain shippers want a closed rail line over the Colorado Rockies reopened to quickly move their grain West.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Not that it matter but I flew from OKC to Orlando and changed planes in Chicago.

It was our honeymoon, I guess we looked 'just married' because the flight attendant gave us a bottle of champagne at 9 am...

Almost 35 years ago!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts