Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an awd or 4x4 high roof passenger van for a camper build out. Want a passenger for the rear ac and lots of windows. Probably a long shot, but thought I’d throw it out there. Location is irrelevant. Budget depends on what you’ve got.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you want to order a new one get hold of Crewvanman ASAP.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Looking for an awd or 4x4 high roof passenger van for a camper build out. Want a passenger for the rear ac and lots of windows. Probably a long shot, but thought I’d throw it out there. Location is irrelevant. Budget depends on what you’ve got.

Thanks!

If you want a AWD, best to order one. You won't find anything other than a Commercial rental in the HR model and if you want the 12 passenger version, order it for sure.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once I’ve spoken to my builder, I may reach out about ordering one. It doesn’t need to be new, but I know it will be that much easier to get what I want.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Couple of new 2019 Quigleys HR's listed at the Newberg, OR dealer. Cargo though, not passenger.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill check those out. Really hoping to save some money by finding something used, but that’s probably a pipe dream.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bumping this up to the top. Looking for something in the $40k range with 4x4 or awd. Probably still a long shot, but let me know if you have anything!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Bumping this up to the top. Looking for something in the $40k range with 4x4 or awd. Probably still a long shot, but let me know if you have anything!

Given that the AWD's have only just started being delivered, we are in a pandemic and everybody and his uncle is building a camper van, IMHO there is zero chance of getting a used 2020 AWD, 2019 Quigley or Quadvan 4x4 for $40K.

FWIW, If I had to build mine all over again I still start with a Quigley 4x4 cargo van. The rear AC is useless for camping and the passenger stuff really complicates/compromises the conversion process.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Grampswrx, re call that name from the Sportsmobile Forum. I recently sold my Chevy Express 4x4 project and went searching for the Ford Transit. I some how lucked out and found a brand new one in Chicago about $6.5 below sticker window price, $43 plus taxes/fees. 148 HR Ecoboost 3.73 LSD. Pretty Stoked!!!

Bob Rohrman Schaumburg Ford | New and Used Ford Cars For Sale in Schaumburg, IL. Keep a eye out for a van. They are priced to sell. If you purchase let them know Adam K from Colorado sent you. I actually have family member 15minutes away!

Other than that. Below is a link to a used Transit AWD I found on CR. Not sure if it is till available.

You will find something, keep on the hunt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts