Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2020 T-150, low roof passenger XLT 3.5L PFDi, 3.73 limited slip. First tank 670 miles typical city and highway driving,19.3mpg. Per the window sticker I should get 16mpg combined city/highway. I will update after 3000miles.
:)
3000 miles 90% city driving 17.4 mpg or 13.5L/100kms.

We were doing a little better until the July heat meant constant A/C and longer idle time waiting for the interior to cool.

Overall, the van is excellent and a pleasure to drive. The transmission shifts a little harsher in the lower gears until the drivetrain is up to normal operating temperature then smooths out. I noticed more road noise after I reduced the seating from 10 to 4, specifically @ 70mph when the back was empty. Only a minor annoyance which disappeared on trips when the cargo area was full.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

We were doing a little better until the July heat meant constant A/C and longer idle time waiting for the interior to cool.

Overall, the van is excellent and a pleasure to drive. The transmission shifts a little harsher in the lower gears until the drivetrain is up to normal operating temperature then smooths out. I noticed more road noise after I reduced the seating from 10 to 4, specifically @ 70mph when the back was empty. Only a minor annoyance which disappeared on trips when the cargo area was full.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2020 T-150, low roof passenger XLT 3.5L PFDi, 3.73 limited slip. First tank 670 miles typical city and highway driving,19.3mpg. Per the window sticker I should get 16mpg combined city/highway. I will update after 3000miles.
:)

I'm going to take in this service bulletin and get the road noise fixed.

·
Registered
132 Posts
If this is a post comparing MPGs that we get for our Ford Transit vans, I'll add mine. Over the first 8 months of owning the van, I've taken 4 road trips thus far with my Ford Transit 350, 148 inch LWB, Medium roof version, totaling about 5000 miles. This involves primarily highway miles and some slow driving in towns and on dirt roads. Average thus far is 17.7 mpg. Individual segments of travel have been as low as 13.4 mpg (I believe that was a day with ferocious headwinds and crosswinds) and as high as 21.8 mpg (I believe that was a day with a lot of downhill miles). I ONLY use the van for road trips, not for around town driving (have another smaller vehicle for that).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts