Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to get a Viper DS4 alarm installed at PC Richards and unfortunately the tech came to the end of the install and asked me for the second key that I was never told I needed. The van is 2019 T250 from the auction that was previously a Uhaul. I only have one key I’m not sure if any other keys were ever programmed to the van. I’m pretty sure the key isn’t chipped so I’m not sure why it would be needed for the install. If I do need it what would be the cheapest route possible. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Almontevg,

Here is a Thread that discusses options.

Good Luck

Semper Fi

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I went to the dealer yesterday and they said the only key that would work is the factory key fob built into the key. I used my mechanics account so it was $160 (135+25 to cut it) for the key Unprogrammed. They hand me the key tell me to drive around to service to get the programming done for the key that it runs $150 and takes an hour. I try the key on both doors to make sure it works and then the ignition and the truck fires right up! I take the original key and put it in the building go back out and it again fires right up. The parts guy swear that it shows that I have the pats system. I tried driving it around the block and it works but the only thing is I can’t get the key fob built in unlock buttons to work I tried the seitching ignition to on 8 times and I don’t hear the beep. I grabbed new 2032 batteries so I’ll try again today.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No luck I tried doin on off 4 times then 8 times and I can’t get it to do the programming acknowledgement beep. Does anybody have another suggestion that I can try to get it to program just the key fob lock unlock buttons.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Almontevg,

As for the lack of "beep" I remembered reading something before and was able to find it. Check post # 10 below Thread.

Good Luck

Semper Fi

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks but I kinda tried it without a beep to no avail. The dealership said it’s $75 to program the keyfob I might just suck it up I’m already in enough I quess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts