Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Transit AWD 250 mid roof
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going to try to install the wheelwell liners and noticed that there may be some rubbing against the frame from my wildpeak 245/75R16 tires. Anyone else noticed this?

Wheel Automotive lighting Tire Motor vehicle Hood

·
Super Moderator
4,206 Posts
Yes, there are two spots like that inside the wheel well on mine not a big deal where they are. They only rub there at full lock when hitting a bump, like pulling out a driveway.

·
Registered
8,427 Posts
You can use a grinder with a metal cut-off wheel to remove that part of the van so the tires won't rub on it anymore. It will seriously compromise the structural integrity, but that is secondary to being able to use oversize tires.

·
Registered
2018 Ford Transit 250 MR Cargo ECO
1,192 Posts
You can use a grinder with a metal cut-off wheel to remove that part of the van so the tires won't rub on it anymore. It will seriously compromise the structural integrity, but that is secondary to being able to use oversize tires.

This is an example of relative versus absolute perceptions,

If your perspective is based upon relative relationships, you think the tires look small due to the relative size of the van.

If your perspective is absolute, you know a sixteen inch wheel is not small and therefore it is fine.

This dynamic is extremely common.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Transit XLT AWD LR Wagon, 3.5 EcoBoost V6,
190 Posts
Interestingly enough this rub isn't even at the pinch weld, but I get your tongue/cheek response!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Was going to try to install the wheelwell liners and noticed that there may be some rubbing against the frame from my wildpeak 245/75R16 tires. Anyone else noticed this?

View attachment 158704
I’m planning same tire and wheel setup in my AWD. Going to probably use the 3/16” van compass wheel spacers, but not sure how much those would help.

rubbing on wheel liners is better than the body though, so maybe just install those

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2018 does exactly the same with my 245/75r16 wildpeaks. Unfortunately I don’t see any small spacers for my van just 1.25” or something which IMO is too much. Was also looking at the ultra wheels to try and kick them out a bit but it’s starting to not bother me as much.

·
Registered
2020 Transit AWD 250 mid roof
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks like the OEM wheel well liners do NOT cover up the area where the rubbing occurs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts