Ford Transit USA Forum banner

2023 MR SWB head unit upgrade. Alpine Halo 11 installed.

669 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  greenvan
I was going to try to tackle it myself but none of the options Crutchfield listed as "fits your vehicle" appealed to me so I looked around and even though the aforementioned online retailer says it doesn't fit, my local installer was able to do it, with no real hassle except the rear camera needed to be swapped out for some reason. Works great but the factory speakers are well short of what is available for not much $. That will be a future upgrade but for now my blind self can see what's behind me. Yay. Alpine Halo 11"

See less See more
Reactions: 1
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Any chance you could post a pic of screen showing the camera? Also wondering what unit came in the van that you replaced. Thanks!
Sarah, apologies for the late reply to your request, but here it is:

See less See more
*also, the one that the van came with was a Sync 4, 4" screen. I wear reading glasses and the screen was both too small and too far to my right for it to be useful.
I'm guessing they replaced the camera because the ford one does not reliable stay connected to the Halo. Ask me how i know.
Are you unimpressed with how slow the Haloi is considering how expensive it is? I was!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts