Ford Transit USA Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
The Trail Version is not mentioned (as of now) in the 2023 Transit US Order Guide. Not only do I not see it in the body of the guide, but it's not listed in the new features area either.

·
Registered
316 Posts
The Trail Version is not mentioned (as of now) in the 2023 Transit US Order Guide. Not only do I not see it in the body of the guide, but it's not listed in the new features area either.
I've been wondering if the late-availability of the adventure prep package for 2023 may actually be transitioning it into becoming the trail model.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Started reviewing the 2023 order sheet and saw option 90G "push down manual parking brake". Does this mean that Ford put the parking brake next to the drivers seat again after relocating it for 2022?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Started reviewing the 2023 order sheet and saw option 90G "push down manual parking brake". Does this mean that Ford put the parking brake next to the drivers seat again after relocating it for 2022?
Are you looking at one of the HD vans (DRW)? The order guide shows no changes to the parking brake for 2023 from 2022. Just like in 2022, the SRW vans get the Electric parking brake, and the DRW's get one of a couple forms of manual parking brake (depending on GVWR). This is an excerpt from the 2023 Order Guide. No "stars" meaning no new features for 2023.

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are you looking at one of the HD vans (DRW)? The order guide shows no changes to the parking brake for 2023 from 2022. Just like in 2022, the SRW vans get the Electric parking brake, and the DRW's get one of a couple forms of manual parking brake (depending on GVWR). This is an excerpt from the 2023 Order Guide. No "stars" meaning no new features for 2023.

View attachment 172951
Aha that was the issue, I skipped the first 10 pages and went straight to page 11!
I was looking at this, which made me scratch my head.

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

Thanks for correcting me @Vanaroo

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
@livinthe208life
That's what I was asking about earlier. Reading that, it looks as though the PSD "late availability" is only tied into adding it as an upgrade to the Livery Package.

Because the PSD is NOT listed under "Late Availabilty" in the general category (as of the first version of the 2023 Order Guide).

That said, CrewVanMan stated that the PSD WILL be Late Availability for every van. So apparently just a mistake on Ford's part to only mention it in the Livery Package category and not in the general "Late Availability" list (where they did not list the PSD as Late Availability).

·
Registered
345 Posts
Canadian 23 Transit order guide got posted today

Canadian order guide
ive just roughly gone through it, notice adventure prep package just does not exist for canada (dont care, didnt order it anyway) but they show the matte black alloy wheel--which appears to just be a black steel look alike. wouldnt be surprised if pic is wrong. either way--not worth the price ive seen thrown around

·
Registered
1 Posts
@CrewVanMan
@[email protected]
@CrewVanManInfo
Do you know any more details of the new F7C and F8C MR body codes? From what I can tell reading the 2023 Order Guide they are "HD" but also SRW and have a GVWR of 9,950# and "max speed 80mph"

(There are also similar F1Y and F2Y for the low roof, and F5Y, F6Y, F7Y, and F8Y for the high roof.)

The 80 mph speed limit is interesting (not that I would go over that anyway but I wonder how that is limited?), but HD and SRW together is. I would be especially interested if the GCWR goes up with that, as that's always my stopper (meaning that I can never tow even say 5,000# without keeping the van super light and well below GVWR). I haven't found any 2023 towing guides yet (not sure if the GCWR is listed anywhere else?)

I would love to get a higher GCWR but want to stay with SRW, so hence the interest.

Thank you!

Edited to add: The previous year towing guides (2021 is the one I looked at) listed an additional 400# of GCWR for the DRW HD models over the T-350 SRW (13,000# vs. 12,600#). So not a huge advantage there, at least back then. OTOH, the only reason I wouldn't have ordered an HD was because I don't want DRW. Guess I'd also need to see what they are doing for the parking brake on these new HD SRW options.
@CrewVanManInfo @CrewVanMan Do you have any information on the new body codes, specifically the the F6X? I currently have a W2X on order with a 9500 GVWR but am thinking about changing to a F6X with the larger 9950 GVWR as I will be doing a lot of towing.
What is actually different between them to achieve a higher GVWR?
Are they any option limitations to the new body codes?
Why is the max speed 80 mph? (gear limited or electronically limited)
Thanks!

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
From what I know so far is they are just adding a heavier suspension system to those models. I would only know the option limitations by building one out other than what might be shown on the 2023 Ford Transit Order Guide. In the past like on the 11,000 GVWR models you could not get the 10 way power/heated seats so they may have certain seating options for those models. The MAX Speed configurations have only been for FLEET vehicles in the past so that may be the case once I try to build it out as a retail order. The fleet requirements are different from the retail ones and it would require more ordered vehicles to get them.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I currently have a W2X on order with a 9500 GVWR but am thinking about changing to a F6X with the larger 9950 GVWR as I will be doing a lot of towing.
You might like to take a look at a towing thread we have going now. As it stands, the GCWR seems to be the "stopper" more than the GVWR itself. Not that a bit higher GVWR is a bad thing, but if you already have a 2022 order that might get built....

In other words, and taking the current T-350, if I wanted to tow 4,500# (on a tow rating of 6,400#), I would have to keep a van with a GVWR of 9,500# loaded below 8,100#. And then I'd be hard up against GCWR.

Now perhaps the GCWR will go up on the new SRW HD. But even the DRW HD's GCWR is only 400# more than the current SRW T-350, so...

The only place I am able to find GCWR is the Ford towing guide (not out for 2023 yet) or an Owners's Manual (also not out yet). I called Ford's Customer Relations line and the fellow went and talked to someone to see if that GCWR might be available but he came back with "no way to know before the Towing Guide or Owner's Manual's come out." Bah.

Here is the thread we have going right now:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the 2022/2023 R2X comes with a hand break or an e-break?

41 - 55 of 55 Posts