Ford Transit USA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

Registered
few items i forgot to look for though--like the cargo shelf still and option (assume so)
The cab shelf (above driver) is still not standard.

I, too, would like to see the new wheels -- in my case the "silver sparkle" ones. Sounds a bit weird but..... would like to see them.

(In my mind now I can't stop seeing a lavendery Blue Mist van with Silver Sparkle wheels. Sounds like a big Barbie van 馃槃)

Registered
22 AWD HR EXT Eboost, Adaptive Cruise, BLIS - ordered to WY on 12/21/21

I, too, would like to see the new wheels -- in my case the "silver sparkle" ones. Sounds a bit weird but..... would like to see them.

(In my mind now I can't stop seeing a lavendery Blue Mist van with Silver Sparkle wheels. Sounds like a big Barbie van 馃槃)
On anesthetics, I'm interested to see how the face looks with the black HID option

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I see that in the 2023 Order Guide, Power Sliding Door 65C is listed as "Late Availability"

Sigh.

Edited to add: But wait, to me the wording is not clear -- now I think maybe that's only if you order the PSD within 47L "Livery Package"?

Or is it across the board?

It's not listed in the category for "LATE AVAILABILITY" but only within "PACKAGES/OPTIONS CHANGED"

Wording in the 2023 Order Guide:

PACKAGES/OPTIONS CHANGED (continued)

鈼 Power Sliding Door (65C) has moved from standard to

upgradeable in the Livery Package (47L) and is late availability
They originally made the PSD a part of the Livery package and NOW changing it to be optional.

Registered

Do many folks just not like the shelf or is it this popular they're trying to get a few bucks extra? I love having the extra room up there to throw stuff.

Registered
Do many folks just not like the shelf or is it this popular they're trying to get a few bucks extra? I love having the extra room up there to throw stuff.
i dont know why anyone would not want the shelf personally. it was standard in 2020, then option in 21 and 22. appears to still be option in 23. lots of things were standard in 20 that are now options (b pillar grab handle, 253 degree doors, cargo tie downs, etc). is the shelf an engineering marvel? absolutely not, kind of chinsy, but still some storage and easier to make an additional shelf above it if you have it.

Registered
Sorta both. Delivery folks might not want it and yea, de-contenting to save cost/ reduce(?) price increases.
I noticed 2023 spare tire delete (fleet option) no longer includes repair kit. I'm guessing big fleet buyers don't want to pay for that. 2022 also lost D-rings, 273deg hinges as standard items, maybe some other stuff too?

Registered
2005 Honda Odyssey EX. Converted for nomadic lifestyle.
Photos of the new headlights would be nice.

Registered
2021 Ford Transit 148" AWD 3.5L MR Passenger
Anyone know what option 47V Bulkhead 鈥 Crew Van. Composite material with no Window looks like? If it's pretty tight against the back seat, I'm ready to place an order.

Registered
My dealer just sent me the order he put in for me. The Base Price went up $6,000 from when I was in the build system back in February!!!
The Matte Black wheels will be a $1050 option.

Registered
They originally made the PSD a part of the Livery package and NOW changing it to be optional.
Sorry if I'm being dense, but I'm guessing not too many here would order the "livery package." What I'm not clear on is whether the PSD as a stand-alone option if NOT ordering the livery package is still "late availability." I don't think so, but they could have made it clearer, IMO. Maybe you can clarify?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
The Power Sliding Side Door is not an available option to order on the 2023 Transit order bank at this time. Same thing with the Adventure Prep package. Both are showing 'Late Availability' and that is what is keeping it off the order selection.

Registered
The Power Sliding Side Door is not an available option to order on the 2023 Transit order bank at this time. Same thing with the Adventure Prep package. Both are showing 'Late Availability' and that is what is keeping it off the order selection.
Does that mean that it (edit: Adventure Package) could also kill the existing 2022 orders?

Registered
Thank you for clarifying that! It was worded so poorly in the 2023 Order Guide that it was impossible to tell what the heck they meant.

For those not reading along, and who might be wondering "can't this person read?!", this is why I say that. If you look in the 2023 Order Guide under the category "Late Availability" you see this:

Rectangle Font Art Handwriting Magenta

Do you see anything about the Power Sliding Door (PSD)? Neither did I.

But if you look under the competely different category of "Packages/Options Changed," you see this:

Rectangle Font Screenshot Magenta Circle

To me, that reads as though it ONLY affects you if you are getting a PSD within the LIvery Package, in which case it will be late.

I still asked to clarify though, and lo and behold, CVM confirms that yes, the PSD will be Late Availability for EVERY 2023 TRANSIT.

Call me Crazy, but I would have listed that under the category "Late Availability." 馃槀

Registered

Registered
Just tried to build out a 2023 Transit order and the system has not given us access to build it yet. So will see once the system is available to build out a order and if any details are available.

One of the 'Late Availability' items is the Adventure Prep package (47N) so we know ordering that option will delay your order being built. It is not even listed as a available option in the order guide so until it is listed, you can't order it!
Are you able to order during the window when only fleet and government orders can be placed? This is what I'm being told by my Ford dealer (that he can't place an order until Ford opens the "retail orders" which, according to him, is months away).

Registered
Has the rumored Trail version appeared?
I'm one of those people that has a confirmed 2022 order not yet scheduled for production and not yet balanced out. If I knew that the Trail version was going to be available to the US market for 2023, I would most likely just move my order over to 2023 Trail version.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts