Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got the availability on the 2023 Ford Transit Order Guide and pricing pages for the cargo van, CrewVan, passenger van, and Chassis Cab/Cutaway body styles. I picked up the binders for the CrewVanMan 2023 B-O-B Transit Service booklet yesterday so hopefully I will have those ready to go next week.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Just tried to build out a 2023 Transit order and the system has not given us access to build it yet. So will see once the system is available to build out a order and if any details are available.

One of the 'Late Availability' items is the Adventure Prep package (47N) so we know ordering that option will delay your order being built. It is not even listed as a available option in the order guide so until it is listed, you can't order it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just tried to build out a 2023 Transit order and the system has not given us access to build it yet. So will see once the system is available to build out a order and if any details are available.

One of the 'Late Availability' items is the Adventure Prep package (47N) so we know ordering that option will delay your order being built
Any idea what, exactly, in the Adventure Prep Package that would cause a delay?

·
Registered
68 Posts
We just got the availability on the 2023 Ford Transit Order Guide and pricing pages for the cargo van, CrewVan, passenger van, and Chassis Cab/Cutaway body styles. I picked up the binders for the CrewVanMan 2023 B-O-B Transit Service booklet yesterday so hopefully I will have those ready to go next week.
@CrewVanManInfo will you be sharing the 2023 info with current customers so they can see what has changed?

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@CrewVanManInfo will you be sharing the 2023 info with current customers so they can see what has changed?
If your 2022 Transit order goes to 'Balanced Out' status and does not get a VIN, then I have already printed out your 2022 order and we can see what changes you want to make either adding some new option choices or making changes based on options that are changed or deleted.

·
Registered
2022 XLT Low-Roof Passenger (ordered Oct 2021, received May 2022)
317 Posts
Do you mean current as in the pricing for 4/22/22
Yes, $2,400 average increase over 4/22/22 pricing for the 2022 model is my guess. I think the mid-year 2022 price increase was a slight of hand by Ford to make it look like less of an increase from 2022 to 2023.

·
Registered
348 Posts
does that mean ordering for 2023 is officially open as of today, as in i should be bugging my dealer ASAP for the 3rd model year in a row. wish i could order from CVM--us citizen living in canada problem ;) . And yes, i might be crazy to even consider attempting to get a van for a 3rd year in a row (technically 4th year since i did get a 2020 i sold stupidly), but i gotta have something and havent found another rig that checks all my boxes yet

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I do not know how the Ford of Canada order system works so I can't tell you anything about it. All I know is that my 2023 Ford Transit test orders are now active and I can build out a 2023 order with MSRP pricing.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I do not know how the Ford of Canada order system works so I can't tell you anything about it. All I know is that my 2023 Ford Transit test orders are now active and I can build out a 2023 order with MSRP pricing.
Does that mean you are actually able to enter it into Fords system, and you lucky COVP customers get a verification, or is it still only testing right now? Guess the short question, is real order bank open yet?

·
Registered
2005 Honda Odyssey EX. Converted for nomadic lifestyle.
194 Posts
Has the rumored Trail version appeared?

Reactions: ADVMuppet

·
Registered
104 Posts
Auto Start-Stop Technology
Some of us, at least one of us, actually like this.
I find it totally yesterday to burn dead dinosaurs and ferns when one's foot is off the gas, let alone stopped.
Drives me nuts when I drive a vehicle when the motor keeps spinning!

All good.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I see that in the 2023 Order Guide, Power Sliding Door 65C is listed as "Late Availability"

Sigh.

Edited to add: But wait, to me the wording is not clear -- now I think maybe that's only if you order the PSD within 47L "Livery Package"?

Or is it across the board?

It's not listed in the category for "LATE AVAILABILITY" but only within "PACKAGES/OPTIONS CHANGED"

Wording in the 2023 Order Guide:

PACKAGES/OPTIONS CHANGED (continued)

● Power Sliding Door (65C) has moved from standard to

upgradeable in the Livery Package (47L) and is late availability

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
@CrewVanMan
@[email protected]
@CrewVanManInfo
Do you know any more details of the new F7C and F8C MR body codes? From what I can tell reading the 2023 Order Guide they are "HD" but also SRW and have a GVWR of 9,950# and "max speed 80mph"

(There are also similar F1Y and F2Y for the low roof, and F5Y, F6Y, F7Y, and F8Y for the high roof.)

The 80 mph speed limit is interesting (not that I would go over that anyway but I wonder how that is limited?), but HD and SRW together is. I would be especially interested if the GCWR goes up with that, as that's always my stopper (meaning that I can never tow even say 5,000# without keeping the van super light and well below GVWR). I haven't found any 2023 towing guides yet (not sure if the GCWR is listed anywhere else?)

I would love to get a higher GCWR but want to stay with SRW, so hence the interest.

Thank you!

Edited to add: The previous year towing guides (2021 is the one I looked at) listed an additional 400# of GCWR for the DRW HD models over the T-350 SRW (13,000# vs. 12,600#). So not a huge advantage there, at least back then. OTOH, the only reason I wouldn't have ordered an HD was because I don't want DRW. Guess I'd also need to see what they are doing for the parking brake on these new HD SRW options.

·
Registered
348 Posts
any idea what the 2 new alloy wheels for the AWD look like, since they dropped the black steel AWD/heavy duty axle wheels. since they are alloy i guarantee i probably wont be interested $ wise and i would just paint the standard silver steel wheels black or go with one of the emerging aftermarket options. still curious to see though

past that i dont see much that has changed code wise on my personal order--few items i forgot to look for though--like the cargo shelf still and option (assume so)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts