Ford Transit USA Forum banner

2023 Delays? Who else has a Transit VIN that keeps getting pushed back?

7751 108
After a year wait for our '22 that was eventually balanced out, I was pretty excited to get a build date and a VIN for our '23 Transit. However, we just got our 6th dreaded email from Ford announcing yet another delay. It was just pushed back again, this time another two weeks.

We were originally scheduled for late Sept and are now scheduled for 11/28, two months from our original build date.

I'm not sure what is more frustrating. Not hearing from Ford once until our van was cancelled without notice. Or getting an email every week pushing the build date back. If we aren't able to purchase in '22, we may have to finally look elsewhere as it's a business expense and needs to be made in Q4.

Are other people getting build dates and seeing their vans built and delivered? Or is everyone just getting pushed back again and again like we are?
81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ford Transit 250 MR Cargo ECO
1,571 Posts
If you have a 3.5L EcoBoost engine on your order, the orders with a current VIN were moved to WEEK of December 12th. Orders with the Virtual Rear View Mirror have not shown up with a VIN on any of my customer orders yet. Even had one order moved to WEEK of January 2nd, 2023 today and from the information I got via the engine plant, the 3.5L EcoBoost engines will not be ready before the middle of January so I am expecting the current WEEK of December 12th orders to move to a January date. It makes the orders still sitting in 'Unscheduled - Clean' status to stay there until they get a handle on parts to built them.
Is it the electronics holding up the engine?

Ford just made some premier supply chain hires.

Hopefully they sort it.

I am seeing vins in the 40K range advertised, so the plant does seem to be producing, and yes, they do not do vins consecutively, but it is an indication of what they are committed to two months into production for this model year.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you have a 3.5L EcoBoost engine on your order, the orders with a current VIN were moved to WEEK of December 12th. Orders with the Virtual Rear View Mirror have not shown up with a VIN on any of my customer orders yet. Even had one order moved to WEEK of January 2nd, 2023 today and from the information I got via the engine plant, the 3.5L EcoBoost engines will not be ready before the middle of January so I am expecting the current WEEK of December 12th orders to move to a January date. It makes the orders still sitting in 'Unscheduled - Clean' status to stay there until they get a handle on parts to built them.
Another data point...
I have an order with @CrewVanManInfo that includes the 3.5L EcoBoost and the Virtual Rear View Mirror.
I do have a VIN assigned. It's a bummer that my build will likely slip from December to January. :(

·
Registered
2023 E1C MR Cargo 148” in Abyss w/ sync4, 360 camera, and black HID ordered
44 Posts
Just got my first shipping push out email. The new delivery date range is unrealistic though so expecting another email in two weeks.

·
Registered
202 Posts
07/19 Order Placed with Sheri Schoonover at Tuttle Click in Irvine, CA

08/23 VIN Assigned - "Scheduled for Production

10/10 Week of Build Date
10/03Week of Build Date
10/17Week of Build Date
10/24 Week of Build Date

10/28 BUILT and "SHIPPED"
Got the "estimated arrival date of your vehicle has been updated" email

Previous range = November 12 - 18
New range = November 26 - December 2

·
Registered
22 RWD HR 148 EXT ordered 2/9/22
85 Posts
07/19 Order Placed with Sheri Schoonover at Tuttle Click in Irvine, CA

08/23 VIN Assigned - "Scheduled for Production

10/10 Week of Build Date
10/03Week of Build Date
10/17Week of Build Date
10/24 Week of Build Date

10/28 BUILT and "SHIPPED"

When my "week of" build date came to an end this Friday, I tracked my order via the Ford vehicle order tracking website and the first word I saw was "shipped."

This fits in nicely with the date my dealer told me she sees as the "arrival ETA" on her lot of week of November 8th.

We'll see how long it takes to ship to Southern, CA now but at least there's an engine in it....
I ordered my 22 from Sheri too. Ordered on 2/9/22. Email rec’d on 3/25 with a build date of 4/11/22. Built on 4/12/22. Expected delivery between 4/29/2 - 5/5/22. Van was stuck on a dock in San Diego waiting for transit to Irvine (I have an HR). Took delivery on 5/10/22.
I’m so glad I got my van, but my dealer wasn’t as jazzed as I was for some reason.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
My original Sept '22 build has now been pushed yet again to "week of Jan 9th."

This makes 8 or 9 delays so far. After of course, the Transit not being built at all the first time around. Fun stuff.

·
Registered
85 Posts
How do you mean?
I was super excited when I found out I was getting my van. Shared the info with her and she just kept saying how unfair it was that I was getting mine when other customers weren’t getting theirs. Every time I would call and talk about the updates she had the same attitude and told me not to post about my van coming in. She was never happy for me…always guilt tripped me about it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I was super excited when I found out I was getting my van. Shared the info with her and she just kept saying how unfair it was that I was getting mine when other customers weren’t getting theirs. Every time I would call and talk about the updates she had the same attitude and told me not to post about my van coming in. She was never happy for me…always guilt tripped me about it.
That sounds like Sheri alright. That's how each of our phone calls/emails went.

When I went to pick up the van in person though she was a little bit more warm.

The only issue was the van that she ordered for me was the extended body and I didn't want the extended body so now I'll be going back down to see her again in December.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That sounds like Sheri alright. That's how each of our phone calls/emails went.

When I went to pick up the van in person though she was a little bit more warm.

The only issue was the van that she ordered for me was the extended body and I didn't want the extended body so now I'll be going back down to see her again in December.
Wow! There were so many little things that went wrong with my transaction with her. There were a lot of things after the fact that needed to be dealt with so I ended up just dealing with the GM. As soon as I got my build date, I asked her about financing and she didn’t want to give me any info. Took her a month to get back to me. Found my own financing through a local credit union, got pre approved before delivery. She started giving me the run around on delivery day. She ran my credit, even though I was already approved for a loan. She was trying to get us to finance with them or someone they had a partnership with. None of them could match the rate I got. It took a good hour or so to do the financing and it shouldn’t have. Found out she CUDL’d me so she could get a commission on the financing contract with the credit union I got pre approved with…but she didn’t tell me. The credit union told me. I wouldn’t have minded if she wasn’t so sneaky about it.

I also found a ding on the panel below the crew window on the driver’s side as soon as I got home from driving the van off the lot. The sun was setting and it hit the van just right so I could see it clearly. I took a photo and texted her immediately. She was super snarky and implied I did it. There’s so much more. I hated the way I was treated by her.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wow! There were so many little things that went wrong with my transaction with her. There were a lot of things after the fact that needed to be dealt with so I ended up just dealing with the GM. As soon as I got my build date, I asked her about financing and she didn’t want to give me any info. Took her a month to get back to me. Found my own financing through a local credit union, got pre approved before delivery. She started giving me the run around on delivery day. She ran my credit, even though I was already approved for a loan. She was trying to get us to finance with them or someone they had a partnership with. None of them could match the rate I got. It took a good hour or so to do the financing and it shouldn’t have. Found out she CUDL’d me so she could get a commission on the financing contract with the credit union I got pre approved with…but she didn’t tell me. The credit union told me. I wouldn’t have minded if she wasn’t so sneaky about it.

I also found a ding on the panel below the crew window on the driver’s side as soon as I got home from driving the van off the lot. The sun was setting and it hit the van just right so I could see it clearly. I took a photo and texted her immediately. She was super snarky and implied I did it. There’s so much more. I hated the way I was treated by her.
I'm glad you shared your experience about financing. We'll be financing our van in December and planned to source our own through a credit union - in hopes of speeding up the process and having a better rate before we even get to the dealership lot.

The extended van she ordered for me on accident was paid for in cash so I didn't have to go through that process but I'll have to this time.

If nothing else, she's able to get vans when no one else can. I ordered two identical transits and the one that I ordered with her will be here in December. The one that I ordered from a dealer in Ventura, CA is yet to be scheduled for production. I don't know what that's about but whatever it takes to get a new van these days....

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm glad you shared your experience about financing. We'll be financing our van in December and planned to source our own through a credit union - in hopes of speeding up the process and having a better rate before we even get to the dealership lot.

The extended van she ordered for me on accident was paid for in cash so I didn't have to go through that process but I'll have to this time.

If nothing else, she's able to get vans when no one else can. I ordered two identical transits and the one that I ordered with her will be here in December. The one that I ordered from a dealer in Ventura, CA is yet to be scheduled for production. I don't know what that's about but whatever it takes to get a new van these days....
It actually has nothing to do with her. She has many customers who ordered 21s who weren’t selected for production for the 22 MY. Since you have to get your own financing, either get the check and bring it to the dealership with you or go early enough in the day for delivery for you to go to the credit union to get a check for the finalized amount. I found out she got an extra cut on the loan because when she ran my credit she actually re-applied with the credit union I was using. When I went to get the check they asked me why I had two applications and which one I wanted approved. They told me there are limitations on warranties (that the credit union offered) and what not if I were to use the one that Sheri applied for.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I do believe my Transit came to life today as the module file was available for download no idea what all those numbers mean apart from one more step down a long road.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I looked and I'm showing In Production and have a window sticker! I'm in central MO, so hopefully there won't be any major shipping delays. Granted, my super duty still took almost 4 weeks and that was coming from central KY.
I also have a window sticker and am "In Production" as of this week according to the online tracker! Does this mean that (in theory) the van will be produced the week they return back from break?

Once you've reached this stage, does anyone know what to expect after? I don't have many options on my order so I am hoping there will be no hold-up on missing parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After a year wait for our '22 that was eventually balanced out, I was pretty excited to get a build date and a VIN for our '23 Transit. However, we just got our 6th dreaded email from Ford announcing yet another delay. It was just pushed back again, this time another two weeks.

We were originally scheduled for late Sept and are now scheduled for 11/28, two months from our original build date.

I'm not sure what is more frustrating. Not hearing from Ford once until our van was cancelled without notice. Or getting an email every week pushing the build date back. If we aren't able to purchase in '22, we may have to finally look elsewhere as it's a business expense and needs to be made in Q4.

Are other people getting build dates and seeing their vans built and delivered? Or is everyone just getting pushed back again and again like we are?
We ordered a transit E350 in April '22. It was expected in July '22. However, sometime around July they notified us no more '22's were being built and we'd get a '23 in Sept '22. We are now approaching December and still delayed. We continue to get the same email from Ford apologizing and they appreciate our patience

Hey TWinKC - did not intend to hijack your post here just trying to point out that build dates and VINs are not the end of the equation, there's still a bunch of potential hiccups even after build completion. If you are trying to get that expense filed in Q4 I'd say there's zero chance of that coming true with an 11/28 build date. My build was completed almost 4 months ago and still haven't made the transaction.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I posted this in another thread but it probably belongs in this one. Our transit van has been sitting on a rail car for two months in transit to Michigan. Is anyone else experiencing rail car problems and do you have any solutions or steps that I should take to rectify the problem. Our delivery date keeps getting pushed back every week. We are now pushed back again another week. This is causing me huge delays. Anyone have any advice or solutions?

81 - 100 of 109 Posts