Ford Transit USA Forum banner

2023 Delays? Who else has a Transit VIN that keeps getting pushed back?

7755 108
After a year wait for our '22 that was eventually balanced out, I was pretty excited to get a build date and a VIN for our '23 Transit. However, we just got our 6th dreaded email from Ford announcing yet another delay. It was just pushed back again, this time another two weeks.

We were originally scheduled for late Sept and are now scheduled for 11/28, two months from our original build date.

I'm not sure what is more frustrating. Not hearing from Ford once until our van was cancelled without notice. Or getting an email every week pushing the build date back. If we aren't able to purchase in '22, we may have to finally look elsewhere as it's a business expense and needs to be made in Q4.

Are other people getting build dates and seeing their vans built and delivered? Or is everyone just getting pushed back again and again like we are?
41 - 60 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
X9C 350 Med Roof Pass AWD 3.5L Non-turbo
135 Posts
"no good options to replace it with something else."

That pretty much sums it up. Sucks to hear people are having issues getting their vans.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Yet another email announcing another delay. Meanwhile, my partner orders from Subaru, they keep her posted the entire process, the vehicle arrives exactly as scheduled and they offered her some free services for the delay. I wish Subaru offered a cargo van. The entire process from top to bottom was entirely different than what I've experienced placing my order with Ford.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yet another email announcing another delay. Meanwhile, my partner orders from Subaru, they keep her posted the entire process, the vehicle arrives exactly as scheduled and they offered her some free services for the delay. I wish Subaru offered a cargo van. The entire process from top to bottom was entirely different than what I've experienced placing my order with Ford.
You know why? Made in America and Ford’s arrogance. I bet Ford leadership is laughing at us every day.

·
Registered
395 Posts
My wifes uncle down the street from us ordered a Subaru Outback XT fully loaded. communication was great and took about 3 months to arrive. he already has like 17000KM on it just this summer-ha. I wish subaru made a van to, Subarus have been my daily driver go to for most of my life, had 10 of them i think. then all the VW Vanagon syncros i had i converted to Subaru motors (did 4 of those swaps). great machines.

I've ordered many vehicles in my life, Jeep rubicon, RAM 2500, Honda civic SI etc. never in my life have i seen a company run as poorly as Ford. shoot, i even ordered a 2015 Norton commando once--if your a motorcycle junkie you know what happened to that iteration of the company. I did get the 2020 Transit i ordered (and regretfully sold) but it took 9 months and communication was zero. its not all pandemic related, its just an excuse for a company caught with their pants down

·
Registered
VIN Received. R2X. 2023 HR, 148 long, Cargo AWD. Windows all around
67 Posts
I was pushed back yesterday to 12/12/22. I think I"ll change the name of my van to Regret.

·
Registered
202 Posts
07/19 Order Placed with Sheri Schoonover at Tuttle Click in Irvine, CA
08/23 VIN Assigned - "Scheduled for Production
10/10 Build Date
10/03 Build Date
10/17 Build Date
10/24 Build Date

At some point recently my window sticker went live and I can click that via the link on the VIN tracking website. This is the closest that I've been to my build week without getting a delay email. We'll see.....

My dealer shared with me that she can see a "dealership ETA" somewhere on her end. That was news to me. I hadn't heard of that on the forum so far.

Currently my build week is scheduled for week of 10/24
My dealer sees a "dealership ETA" of 11/28

41 - 60 of 109 Posts