Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a year wait for our '22 that was eventually balanced out, I was pretty excited to get a build date and a VIN for our '23 Transit. However, we just got our 6th dreaded email from Ford announcing yet another delay. It was just pushed back again, this time another two weeks.

We were originally scheduled for late Sept and are now scheduled for 11/28, two months from our original build date.

I'm not sure what is more frustrating. Not hearing from Ford once until our van was cancelled without notice. Or getting an email every week pushing the build date back. If we aren't able to purchase in '22, we may have to finally look elsewhere as it's a business expense and needs to be made in Q4.

Are other people getting build dates and seeing their vans built and delivered? Or is everyone just getting pushed back again and again like we are?

· Registered
21 Posts
Similar story here - 2022 balanced out. My order for a 2023 was confirmed, production week scheduled, and VIN assigned all within a couple of weeks of placing the order with CrewVanMan in July. Production first scheduled for 10/24, then 11/7, then 11/14, and now 12/12. I'm told that if a VIN has been assigned, we'll eventually get a van. But, the delays are frustrating nonetheless.

· Registered
52 Posts
Similar story here - 2022 balanced out. My order for a 2023 was confirmed, production week scheduled, and VIN assigned all within a couple of weeks of placing the order with CrewVanMan in July. Production first scheduled for 10/24, then 11/7, then 11/14, and now 12/12. I'm told that if a VIN has been assigned, we'll eventually get a van. But, the delays are frustrating nonetheless.
"Eventually" could mean October, 2023

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm told that if a VIN has been assigned, we'll eventually get a van. But, the delays are frustrating nonetheless.
Yeah. I know we'll get one eventually too. But without the van in hand, based on my recent experience with Ford, I'm hesitant to make the buildout purchases we'll need like liftgate, tires, walls, insulation, flooring just in case the van continues to be delayed and we are forced to go a different direction.

And we've been planning this as a business purchase for '22 since fall of '21. So to still be in limbo is challenging. We'll need to scramble to put together some kind of backup plan that is not ideal.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"Eventually" could mean October, 2023
Correct me if I'm wrong but some people who had VINs for '22s early on in the process never got their van built and were eventually told it was not coming and to reorder, right? So even a VIN is not a guarantee. I might have read that wrong but I'm nearly certain I saw that anecdote a time or two in this forum.

· Registered
VIN Received. R2X. 2023 HR, 148 long, Cargo AWD. Windows all around
69 Posts
After a year wait for our '22 that was eventually balanced out, I was pretty excited to get a build date and a VIN for our '23 Transit. However, we just got our 6th dreaded email from Ford announcing yet another delay. It was just pushed back again, this time another two weeks.

We were originally scheduled for late Sept and are now scheduled for 11/28, two months from our original build date.

I'm not sure what is more frustrating. Not hearing from Ford once until our van was cancelled without notice. Or getting an email every week pushing the build date back. If we aren't able to purchase in '22, we may have to finally look elsewhere as it's a business expense and needs to be made in Q4.

Are other people getting build dates and seeing their vans built and delivered? Or is everyone just getting pushed back again and again like we are?
R2X 148 long HR.
2021 balanced out
2022 balanced out
2023 just pushed back third time to 10/31/22.

if I happen to have the van by this Christmas it will have been a 557 day wait.

· Registered
20 Posts
Same here. Ordered a 22' in September 21, balanced out. Vin # on 23' with original build date of 8/26, after my 5th date change, I'm out to 11/28, with no confidence that date will stick

· Registered
1,468 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but some people who had VINs for '22s early on in the process never got their van built and were eventually told it was not coming and to reorder, right?
I don't think anyone here on the forum reported getting a VIN but not a van. Not to say their van didn't get bumped a dozen times and went from expecting it in January to it still being somewhere on a railcar waiting to be delivered.

A bunch of has had our Priority Codes set to 02 around November 2021, which I guess normally implies it's going to get scheduled any day now, but staying in that sorry state all the way up to the Balancing Out.

· Registered
207 Posts
07/19 Order Placed with Sheri Schoonover at Tuttle Click in Irvine, CA
08/23 VIN Assigned - "Scheduled for Production
10/10 Build Date
10/03 Build Date
10/17 Build Date

I've got two weeks to get a change of my van's build date before 10/17 rolls around.

Has anyone on the forum been assigned a 2023 VIN and received their van yet? I can't keep up with the Crossley updates about what's hit his lot and whether or not it was a retail/customer order.

· Premium Member
Waiting on a W3U, Ord 6/18/22...
207 Posts
Because Jim Farley needs to ship the "high-margin" pickups first. Transit van is of low priority, obviously.
how the heck can a 68k+ steel box be a “low margin” vehicle, unless they’re building them by hand like a Rolls Royce?

· Registered
207 Posts
My MY22 van was ordered in January 22, build completed in June 22, it's October and I still don't have it. The egregious delays do not end with VINs, build dates or build completion.
Where's the van sitting and where are you located waiting on the van? I've heard of the issues with delivering to CA but I'm assuming you're in Texas lol

· Premium Member
1,912 Posts
The components used to build controllers for vehicles are essentially the same ones that are used to guide artillery shells and rockets / HIMARS and the new rifles.

The higher end versions even have GPS built in and the military always has priority over civilian applications for obvious reasons.

The numbers of artillery rounds being fired per day contain nearly enough chips to support Ford and GM for a week.

I don't know, but suspect that this is part of the challenge that is affecting van deliveries.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts