Ford Transit USA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, there is multiple tracking status thread for 2022 already but I don't see much tracking to follow Van status that has been Produced but not released for long time. It appears that multiple people are in this status without any visibility on what is actually going on.

Is the Van produced and missing one part at the time so it moved to one corner in holding lot. Then, the Van is stuck there forever due to the holding lot get full and it could not be moved out back to the product line, even if the missing part is available now 🤷‍♂️ :)

Are you also in this status? how long have you been there? were you in this status and got the Van released? Please let us know so we can have more visibility than the visibility report!

Below is my status: From the visibility report, the latest status is Produced, Delay- Plant hold. It is in that status for a while. ETA is always within week or two but it was always extended to new 2 weeks ETA when the previous ETA expired.

Azure Rectangle Water Sky Line

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi, there is multiple tracking status thread for 2022 already but I don't see much tracking to follow Van status that has been Produced but not released for long time. It appears that multiple people are in this status without any visibility on what is actually going on.

Is the Van produced and missing one part at the time so it moved to one corner in holding lot. Then, the Van is stuck there forever due to the holding lot get full and it could not be moved out back to the product line, even if the missing part is available now 🤷‍♂️ :)

Are you also in this status? how long have you been there? were you in this status and got the Van released? Please let us know so we can have more visibility than the visibility report!

Below is my status: From the visibility report, the latest status is Produced, Delay- Plant hold. It is in that status for a while. ETA is always within week or two but it was always extended to new 2 weeks ETA when the previous ETA expired.

View attachment 171668

View attachment 171668
So I ordered in Sept 2021, build date of 1/12/22 first told Feb ETA then March then April and now May date has come & gone. I'm told it's a chip hold and that's all I know. I see on the forum vans being produced and delivered that don't appear much different than mine E2C with minimal options- fixed rear glass, swivel seats, overhead shelf, non-adaptive cruise. I'm told with a VIN and window sticker I will get my van but I've given up having any idea when.

·
Registered
75 Posts
This came up on my news feed:

In the latest earnings call with analysts, John Lawler, the company’s Chief Financial Officer, actually provided a clearer picture of the existing inventory of unfinished vehicles.

Lawler says Ford currently has “about 53,000 vehicles on wheels, completed but awaiting installation of components affected by the semiconductor supply shortage.

The Ford executive later revealed that the F-Series and the Explorer are among the models that are part of this sitting inventory.

Ford has recently revealed another strategy to deal with the chip shortage, as the company says it’s directing all of its resources to its most profitable models. In other words, the models that are bringing home the bacon are getting the necessary chips, while those that are selling in small volumes would wait for even more for the semiconductors they need to power certain systems.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm told with a VIN and window sticker I will get my van but I've given up having any idea when.
Will we still have a Van if there is some significant damage to the Van while it stay in the holding lot (like large hail ). Will Ford make a new Van with the same VIN again or will it become Balanced Out? Well, I may be thinking too much :cool:.

But it is good (or sad?) to know there are 53k of other vehicles being in this status, just don't know how many of them are the Transit

·
Registered
75 Posts
Will we still have a Van if there is some significant damage to the Van while it stay in the holding lot (like large hail ). Will Ford make a new Van with the same VIN again or will it become Balanced Out? Well, I may be thinking too much :cool:.

But it is good (or sad?) to know there are 53k of other vehicles being in this status, just don't know how many of them are the Transit
Yeah having grown up in the Midwest I can't get the hail/tornado scenario out of my head - UGH Much rather have that van in my garage - snug & safe <VBG>

·
Registered
75 Posts
There are Transits and F-150s sitting all over Kansas City waiting for parts. I have heard there may be a holdup in production as Ford is runmning out of places to store vehicles. They are even using the open lots at the Kansas City Airport to park Transits and F-150s.
So you'd think there might be a bit of priority to getting some of these moved out. Since some of us have seen vans like ours that are sitting on the lots actually being produced and delivered it's a matter of priorities it seems and we definitely don't rank.

Disgusted - 8 months and waiting.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wondered if anyone has been out of this Delay-Plant Hold status recently? That may indicate that the 53k on the holding lot finally starts to have some attention/priority?

·
Registered
R2C 148”, AWD, MR, Abyss,12” Nav, Adventure
17 Posts
Finally, I am out of this Delay-Plant Hold status. Ford send an email saying my Van is Built today and the website is also updated. Hope other holding vans will also see an update soon

View attachment 173199
How did you know you van was on Delay-Plant Hold status? How long was it in that status? I have a van In Production with a VIN and build week of May 23 and am wondering if it’s parked in a field waiting on a part.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered the van with CVM. He and Kayla both give me the status. However, you can also chat with Ford (https://www.ford.com/help/contact/?gnav=header-support). They will give the same status anytime without bothering the dealer.

Since mid April, my van was in Plan Hold status. The web page say In Production, but the secondary status from either the chat or dealer is Delay-Plant Hold. From the mid April, my ETA just moved every two weeks until turning to Built today. So, it was just over 2 months since the Blend date (04/02)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mine is on a chip hold... Strange though because the Ford tracker claims the status to be "shipped". There is no date attached to the "built" status, and I never got an email claiming it had been built. Just skipped straight to shipped. And I have no high-tech options at all. An extremely basic build.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Mine is on a chip hold... Ford tracker claims the status to be "shipped". There is no date attached to the "built" status, and I never got an email claiming it had been built. Just skipped straight to shipped. And I have no high-tech options at all.
Well that's not confusing and contradictory at all 😕

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I received an email from Ford today. My van has been built ( June 9 )with the ship date between 18 - 24 June.
Seems like Ford start to work with those Van holding on the lot now. Since Van was pushed to these lot over time, I suspect it is not FIFO (First In - First out) but rather LIFO (Last In- First Out).

So, if they can resolve the queue up to May/April now, hope that Van from Jan (@quarksmom) will be touch soon

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It turn out that my Van was not one of the 53k Transit parked at holding lot around KC. Instead, it has been sent to Detroit, MI by Ford to complete the build. Not sure why and what parts did it need to be installed there ( Ed has confirmed that)

So, now it need to be shipped back to KC to Gary Crossley

·
Registered
61 Posts
It turn out that my Van was not one of the 53k Transit parked at holding lot around KC. Instead, it has been sent to Detroit, MI by Ford to complete the build. Not sure why and what parts did it need to be installed there ( Ed has confirmed that)

So, now it need to be shipped back to KC to Gary Crossley
I guess that could explain why mine has a shipped status despite not having a built status. "Shipped" in the sense that they set it off to some other facility...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, my Van may not be actually in Detroit after my "research" !!!

Here is the story, just this morning, I chat with Ford and reveived the full shipment history (bottom to top) as below
  • In Transit Received Ramp 1A, Detroit Chassis, MI Jun-12-2022, 23:24 ET Jun-17-2022 Jun-23-2022
  • Awaiting Shipment Origin Received Ramp 15, Kansas City Asy, MO Jun-08-2022, 08:55 CT Jun-17-2022 Jun-23-2022
  • In Transit Received Ramp Z2, Ford Component, MO Jun-08-2022, 05:14 CT Jun-17-2022 Jun-23-2022
  • Awaiting Shipment Released Kansas Jun-08-2022, 00:00 EDT Jun-17-2022 Jun-23-2022
  • In Production Released to Body Company Kansas Jun-08-2022, 00:00 EDT Jun-17-2022 Jun-23-2022
Given this information, it appears that the Van is just shipped to Detroit very recently. why is it to Detroit Chassis which is a private factory doing Ford contracting work ? is the Van damaged and need to send there to be fixed ????

Then I do a further search and found a F150 truck that has the exact same status as mine with the same time line ( Transited to Detroit Chassis on 06/08) but his truck is at the dealership yesterday and the truck was picked up from Kansas City not Detroit !!!!!!

Now, I don't know what is real anymore ! only the real thing is when the Van is on my driveway. Just don't know when :unsure: :mad:

======================================================================

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

1 - 20 of 22 Posts