Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
"Smokee" - 2021 T350 AWD 148" Ext. HR
37 Posts
Any progress on your order?
I’m also in Canada, placed an order Dec 4 and have not received a vin, build date or anything... was told 12-15 weeks but I’m already at 9 weeks with no updates
Sorry if that was directed at me. When I originally posted to this thread I did not realize it was under the Canada General Discussion forum. I am actually in the US. But as an update, the status is unchanged but my dealer did inform me that the van is scheduled for build this week. I don't see a specific date listed anywhere on any of the tracking sites however.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
No news on ours either. We are not even expecting anything until April. I think we've seen every single van build on youtube lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Woohoo! Just heard from the dealership today that the van we ordered on Dec 16 is now on transport on its way here (Langley, BC.) Apparently just passing through Indiana.
Glad some vans are making it to Canada! I ordered Dec 4 and now being told late may for delivery, really frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
We ordered on December 16th and the dealer let me know yesterday that our van is almost here. Yesterday it was passing through Saskatchewan. Can't wait!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I wanted to wait until next week but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask my dealer if he had the VIN. Already had it and built date is May 28th.
Nice to have an actual date. Did the dealer give you the build date or did you get it online with your VIN? I've tried every link I could find in this forum and can't seem to get them to work

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dealer sent us the VIN in early March and gave me the build date. I couldn't get any tracking of the van using the VIN though. The other day he gave us the order number and that didn't help either. The only thing I could get on the alumizilla site was the window sticker. On the Ford ETIS site I could get a bit of information about some of the systems but nothing really helpful. The biggest "info confirmation" I got was when I initially checked the Jack Cooper transport site (on alumizilla) the VIN was recognized by their company site. Then after a couple of weeks they no longer had the VIN and said that the vehicle is probably being transported by another company - and it was!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks for the link @LangleyFarmer :) Post some pictures when you get it - it'll give us Canadians a lift while we're waiting for ours!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking to order a new Ford Transit Cargo HR Ext but totally lost with all the interior/exterior features. I need an expert to order my van. I'll be converting the van into a home. Also, I'm from Ontario and I only see the option to build 2020 Transit. How did you guys order the 2021 model?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had contacted a couple of dealers in my local area in late November 2020. They both gave me price quotes but one had an incorrect code (quoted for a rear wheel drive when we wanted AWD.) The dealer that gave me the correct quote also had a better discount so I asked him to go ahead and at that time I thought we were working on 2020 orders. He let me know that Ford was only taking orders for 2021 and it took him quite a while but he sorted through all of the codes and wrote up the quote based on my 2020 build from the website into a 2021 order from the Ford system on his end. He had me look it over to make sure he didn't miss anything. Based on what I'm reading in this thread, the guy was fantastic in doing all of that leg work - he did say it was complicated because there were so many configurations and codes to sort through. So it seems that it depends on the sales person and dealership that you get as others have been saying they've not had any luck. The order went in on December 9th and the build date was March 9th. Our van should probably be arriving in the next few days as it was already passing through Saskatchewan on Wednesday! I'll post pictures:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I had originally posted the same thing here in the forum and many told me not to wait for ford.ca to update to 2021 for the Transit (STILL not available in Canada!) So we took the advice, called a few dealers and they told us they could order it for us. We built it out on the site for the 2020 to have something to start with, and sent it to a couple of dealers with the additional things we wanted on it.

A couple of things we missed (even after reading a lot in various posts here), was that the 2021 rear doors don't open all the way around unless you add it as an option, and also the overhead storage isn't there anymore unless you add that as an option too. We just noticed this yesterday, and asked our dealer if we could add it to the order - haven't heard back yet. You can see what's different in this document I found: https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...oduct/2021/transit/2021-Transit-Whats-New.pdf

Also, have you heard of the Automobile Protection association? Whenever we have bought a new car we used them to get us quotes from dealers in our area. For the Transit, they couldn't give us quotes, but they referred us to the dealer that would give us a good price. It's worth the $77 membership fee in my opinion.

·
Registered
36 Posts
We picked up our van today! We had ordered the "ambulance package" but I haven't been able to find the 110V/400W outlet anywhere. I looked under the passenger seat but didn't see anything. We ordered swivelling seats for driver and passenger - this meant the parking brake lever is in the floor. Also no upper storage shelf or bins overhead. Drives quite nice but it is a truck with DRW. It's definitely bright!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Yayyyy! Happy for you! There's a young couple in Quebec with a bright red van as well. I'm watching them on youtube, they just finished their build and took their first trip.

Enjoy the van and.building it out!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 51 Posts