Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been checking ford.ca daily since November, and still we can't order a 2021!!

We were ready to order a 2020 in November, Ford told us we can't order 2020 anymore and to wait a month or so for the 2021 pricing. Anyone else waiting to order a 2021? Anyone know when pricing will be released?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Pricing is out. I’ve ordered one but it won’t be built for a month or two?
Get in touch with Crewvanman.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
He is in Canada so I can't sell him a Transit. He can order through a Canadian dealer now as they have the same information as I do.

·
Registered
38 Posts
We have been checking ford.ca daily since November, and still we can't order a 2021!!

We were ready to order a 2020 in November, Ford told us we can't order 2020 anymore and to wait a month or so for the 2021 pricing. Anyone else waiting to order a 2021? Anyone know when pricing will be released?
I ordered my 2021 AWD Crew the third week of November, had a VIN second week of December and build date third week of February. Canadian pricing has been out since mid November. Might want to find a differnt dealership to work with. Cheers.

·
Registered
"Smokee" - 2021 T350 AWD 148" Ext. HR
37 Posts
I also ordered a 2021 AWD Cargo around mid-November and just received a VIN without a build date this past week. That common? Assuming I will get an update with a build date soon but dealer hasn't been to forthcoming. Also can't seem to track anything via Ford website but I was told by the dealership once I get a VIN it should show up. Need to reach back out I suppose but the process just seemed different to me than what most people on here have reported in other threads.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
If you received a 17 digit VIN then you should have got a 'WEEK of build date' as Ford gives you BOTH of those items when they pull your Transit for production. Another Ford dealer that does not know what is going on.

You won't get anything from the Ford website other than the tracking system that is not reliable. What you will get about 10 days before your build date is the online window sticker you can access through the link for the window sticker.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you received a 17 digit VIN then you should have got a 'WEEK of build date' as Ford gives you BOTH of those items when they pull your Transit for production. Another Ford dealer that does not know what is going on.

You won't get anything from the Ford website other than the tracking system that is not reliable. What you will get about 10 days before your build date is the online window sticker you can access through the link for the window sticker.
Thanks for the info! Yes I did get the 17 digit number but the response was something like "Here is your VIN number. Still don't have a start date yet". The VIN came as a hyperlink but clicking through goes to what appears to be a dealer login page...not helpful. I'll just reach out.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Ford VIN lookup sites aren't that great - others have made sites that hit a better database.

What does entering your VIN here tell you? trackmymustang.com - check your vin
Interesting, I had tried that site before and the VIN was not found. Just now it displays a result but the production date is blank. ETA end date is something generic. It does say "In Order Processing" so perhaps just in limbo between issuing a VIN and scheduling a build. It is recognized as a Ford Transit so at least there's that! Guess I just have to be patient! Thanks for the input!

EDIT:
Also the window sticker link just says check back later. Guess that's to be expected.

·
Premium Member
2021 R2X high roof long carbonized gray - TURBOCHARGED!
481 Posts
Sounds like your VIN might be really fresh and just finally propagating through the various systems? The window sticker won't pop up until really close to the build date, maybe even not until the build is started.

Glad to hear you have progress - I ordered in November and still don't have a VIN. Would you mind providing some build details on yours? Body style (W9C, R2X, etc.), and any traditionally problematic features you opted for (power sliding doors, dual alternator, Enhanced Park Assist) - I'm trying to figure out what options AREN'T stalling VINs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sounds like your VIN might be really fresh and just finally propagating through the various systems? The window sticker won't pop up until really close to the build date, maybe even not until the build is started.

Glad to hear you have progress - I ordered in November and still don't have a VIN. Would you mind providing some build details on yours? Body style (W9C, R2X, etc.), and any traditionally problematic features you opted for (power sliding doors, dual alternator, Enhanced Park Assist) - I'm trying to figure out what options AREN'T stalling VINs.
T-350 High Roof 148" AWD W3U Ecoboost
Dual batteries, single heavy duty alternator.
Notably did not get the new center console option in case that could be a hold-up.
SRW therefore should have the new electronic parking brake so also shouldn't be a hold-up.
BLIS and Advanced Cruise Control. Enhanced Park Assist wasn't an option for extended. No power sliding doors.

I don't have my order form in front of me but most other options I can remember were previously available on 2020. I did not specifically order one of the new option packages.

·
Premium Member
2021 R2X high roof long carbonized gray - TURBOCHARGED!
481 Posts
Thanks. Did you order just the dual batteries (63E) or did you order (90D) "Power Outlet – 110V/400W. Includes Dual AGM (63E)"?

I can't find any VINs issued for people getting the power outlet, myself included. :'-(

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks. Did you order just the dual batteries (63E) or did you order (90D) "Power Outlet – 110V/400W. Includes Dual AGM (63E)"?

I can't find any VINs issued for people getting the power outlet, myself included. :'-(
Hmmm, I suspect just the dual batteries but I don't remember for sure. I'll check the order form when I get home later.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The "ambulance package" is a great set up too. I ordered in mid December - don't have a vin yet (extended length, high roof, dual rear wheels, eco boost.) Comes with glass on cargo door and rear doors (for which I ordered the dark tint), dual alternators, dual AGM batteries, 110v/400w outlet and more. The enhanced wiring harness I'm interested to see whether that will be a help or hindrance when I go to build, as well as the "two note horn". Too bad it didn't come with the siren, lol!

·
Registered
233 Posts
T-350 High Roof 148" AWD W3U Ecoboost
Notably did not get the new center console option in case that could be a hold-up.
SRW therefore should have the new electronic parking brake so also shouldn't be a hold-up.
BLIS and Advanced Cruise Control. Enhanced Park Assist wasn't an option for extended. No power sliding doors.

I don't have my order form in front of me but most other options I can remember were previously available on 2020. I did not specifically order one of the new option packages.
I placed an order 11/25/20 and it's basically everything on your list above, except mine is the lower GVWR T-250 High Roof 148" AWD R3U Ecoboost.

I've been told by the fleet manager he can see an order number (not sure if that gets assigned when Ford initiates/pulls it into their system as the first official step, or if that means nothing), but I have not been given a VIN yet. Hopefully soon based on your mid-Nov order.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you all for your input. We contacted a couple of dealerships in the Toronto area, and finally, FINALLY, ordered our van yesterday!! They said 8-12 weeks, but based on everyone's experience in this forum, I suspect it may take a little longer. But that's ok because it's ORDERED!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
R2X: 2021 Transit 250 148" Cargo Van - Colour: Ingot Silver
AWD, Ecoboost engine
High Roof, Medium Length
Privacy windows all around
4-way manual swivel seats
Keyless entry pad
Stereo with Bluetooth & Sync & 8" touchscreen
Cruise control
perimiter alarm
Large center console

Dreaming/planning mode has begun 🤣

·
Registered
37 Posts
Update on my 2021 order placed 11/21/2020:

Status has been changed to "In Production" with no listed build date and no window sticker available at the link provided...at least things seem to be moving forward!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any progress on your order?
I’m also in Canada, placed an order Dec 4 and have not received a vin, build date or anything... was told 12-15 weeks but I’m already at 9 weeks with no updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 51 Posts