Ford Transit USA Forum banner

2021 Transit orders at a slow pace

16K views 75 replies 31 participants last post by  CBus660R 
#1 · (Edited)
Orders for the 2021 Transit have been coming in at a slow pace recently with so many existing orders being held up with supply shortages. A lot of Transit buyers have been looking nationwide for existing Transits in inventory and picking up anything close to what they may have wanted or ordered previously and got tired of waiting for it to be produced.

This situation caused ALL of the initial stock ordered Transits I had coming through the dealership to get taken, most even before they were built since they had early build dates and a lot of the options that most Transit buyers wanted. The last of these stock ordered units are arriving now and the first customer orders are coming in slowly with a few already delivered in the last 2 weeks. The next run of Transits will be coming in May with most of these original March build dates that were moved back due to parts shortages.

If you are wanting to get a 2021 Transit, place your order NOW as Ford may be cutting off the 2021 orders earlier than expected. We were told the last orders would be on June 1st but a recent notification has been talked about to be May 1st. Transits would be built out through Labor Day and a possible plant closing may happen if they start out with the production of the 'E' Transit. Look for the 2022 model to have fewer gasoline models with the 'E' Transit coming onboard.

See less See more
#48 ·
Hey everyone - I just reached out to my dealer again and he is now saying our van build pushed from 5/24 to 6/30. I do have a VIN already. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing something similar. I had initially received a March date so the 5/24 date was already a delay but I saw a lot of people in this tread were tracking something similar. I put down the initial deposit and placed the order in mid-January. It's a high roof extended Adventure package.

At this point, I've lost hope that even the 6/30 date will be met. I would easily concede at this point to all of the features I had wanted and simply take a 2021 AWD high roof extended version. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. It'd be more important for me to be able to receive the van in June than continue to wait into August or possibly further until I receive it.

#49 ·
Ordered same model back in November. Same story here with dates pushing out, delivery in July is what I'm being told though the Ford tracking website hasn't shown the latest 5 week slip the dealer tells me is coming.

#52 ·
I am not saying most would want those base model transits (I didn’t) but maybe some might and he’s a large fleet dealer with inventory. A lot of people have been commenting on where to find any sort of van on a lot. Also with lots of options for color wrapping the vehicle, after market options you can turn these into anything.

#53 ·
Quick question about priority codes. I was looking over my paperwork from my dealer and it has a priority code of 15. What does that mean? FYI, I ordered mid Feb (148" MR Cargo with AWD, EB, and most of the tech stuff) and don't have a VIN or build week yet. I hope I see it by mid July, but it's not looking promising.

#54 ·

#55 ·
I bailed on my order placed in mid Dec from a local dealer. Never received a vin. 14 weeks later I personally thanked Crewvanman for solving my problems when I picked up a stock order from him. Thanks again. Now 4 weeks into the build and first break-in last week in Moab. Already redesigning original plans. It helped to have a rough start to field check ideas vs use. Solar and electric system this week. Also want to thank Hein at DIY for materials and accessories. This forum has been extremely helpful.

#60 ·
At this point, if you have a Transit order confirmed with a printed preview order and pricing, you should stay with it as ANY Transits on dealer lots will be pretty picked over especially if you want special exterior colors, 3.5L EcoBoost engine, or other special order options. I have looked for some Transits for forum members and there is nothing out there other than the base units.

Some dealers have already reached their allocation for the 2021 model and I just used my last ones. I have backup stock ordered units that are locked in to be scheduled so I can change those to customer orders to a point as far as options. Some of the body styles are locked in as well as some of the options within those orders so nothing can be changed on certain preview orders.

Ford is looking to build out whatever orders are placed in the system as of June 1st and they will be 2021 models. The 2020 models were built out to December 18, 2020 so expecting Ford to do the same build out for the 2021 models. As far as the 2022 models, we are still planning on being able to order them close to July 1st but getting a build date may be in January 2022 so don't be looking to see as 2022 model earlier than that date.

The current build dates showing on our Vehicle Visibility start at June 1st through 24th with most of them in the first 2 weeks of the month. We are expecting any added scheduling to be in late June to July once Ford get the parts to be able to build Transits. At this point, just be sure you have a confirmed order through your dealer whether it has a scheduled build date or just sitting as a 'Unscheduled - Clean' order in their system.

#63 ·
The current build dates showing on our Vehicle Visibility start at June 1st through 24th with most of them in the first 2 weeks of the month.
So all May build dates were bumped to June? I had a May 24 build week and my estimated delivery date of June 18 is holding steady on the customer tracking site. Reaching out to my dealer to check in their system.

#71 ·
Ha! Just looked at mine and have a priority code of 80. Still on track for a June 2nd delivery to KC and Mr. Bowers. Not that I believe that will actually happen. Hoping to get it in time to slam together a passable parking lot ski chalet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.