Ford Transit USA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
So what are we most likely looking at time wise for delivery if you submit a order when they first start taking them on the 2022? What about the delivery date guess for the 2021 ordered now? Wanting a Van before the end of April next year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any reason for what is causing the delays in these orders?

I placed an order on March 1st and was told an 8-12 week lead time (ordered 148" EL, High Roof for camper build out, avoided a vast majority of options too). Dealer at the time told me to expect 1-2 week turnaround for the factory to pull the order for production planning. Just got off the phone with my dealer and they said that they have not seen any Transit orders pulled the past 3 weeks by the factory. He told me his rep mentioned it has to do with the chip shortage they've been having with the F-150s, but also mentioned it seems to be a boilerplate excuse with them too.

I'm just hoping to get some clarity on when to expect the van. Was planning on getting it in early June, spending the summer doing a buildout, and hitting the road mid-September. Kinda bummed that this has been the one big thing I've been looking forward to amidst all of the COVID stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am in the same boat as you Wylekoodard.... was given a 12-16 week timeline but its been 3 weeks and dealer tells me its not pulled in yet,....

·
Registered
74 Posts
5-6 months from order to delivery seems to be the consistent time frame as far as I can see in all the threads there are about this very topic.
If my build stays on track, I’ll be just over 6 months. I’m hopeful it stays this way, but if my build gets pushed again.... it wouldn’t surprise me the least bit

·
Registered
7 Posts
I guess I’m in for a wait after reading all this. I just ordered mine at the beginning of this month and was hoping to at least use it for the tail end of the summer. That may be too optimistic at this point.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I will be at 3 months next week. Ford still hasn’t pulled the order, no VIN. Ordered a w3u. Looks like an extended has really added to the time line when coupled with the part shortages.

If the order even gets pulled, wouldn’t surprise me if Ford eventually cancelled it, I probably would be picking it up when 2022 models are being built.

I am going to keep waiting, but there definitely comes a time when ordering a 2022, as soon as the ordering window opens up, starts to make more sense.

I really don’t like that I am going to take a whole year depreciation hit and not even get any use out of the van. I doubt Ford will offer any incentives.

·
Registered
2021 AWD 148" HR 3.5L EcoBoost Avalanche Grey
91 Posts
I think there is a lot of variation depending on dealer allocation combined with what you ordered. Things that seem to extend wait time are extended length and adventure prep package (110 outlet in particular). Here's my timeline:

W2X (no adventure package but some "fancy" stuff like BLIS + adaptive cruise)
Ordered 2/4/21 from Corwin Ford in Reno
Got VIN by asking dealer 3/18/21 (idk how long they had it)
Build week (according to dealer) 5/24/21
Estimated dealer delivery 6/18/21

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I talked with the Scheduling Group this week and they are not scheduling any vehicles until they have parts in hand. Too many vendors were promising deliveries of parts to the plant and if they tried to schedule the build for the vehicle based on the expectation of the parts being there and then they become a 'no show' then it throws everything off for the assembly line. Right now it looks as though they are building fleet units as most of those builds do not have the high end electronic parts that most of the retail customers are ordering.

If you have a May build date, then your vehicle will get built. It is looking like a large number of Transits will get scheduled in June once the first group of parts arrive based on the information I have from a Ford source.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any hope of short wheel base passenger vans being offered in 2022? I would love a 10 passenger low roof with PSD and Ecoboost, but apparently all those options aren't allowed anymore 😡

·
Registered
13 Posts
5-6 months from order to delivery seems to be the consistent time frame as far as I can see in all the threads there are about this very topic.
If my build stays on track, I’ll be just over 6 months. I’m hopeful it stays this way, but if my build gets pushed again.... it wouldn’t surprise me the least bit
Jeeeeeeeeeeez.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I talked with the Scheduling Group this week and they are not scheduling any vehicles until they have parts in hand. Too many vendors were promising deliveries of parts to the plant and if they tried to schedule the build for the vehicle based on the expectation of the parts being there and then they become a 'no show' then it throws everything off for the assembly line. Right now it looks as though they are building fleet units as most of those builds do not have the high end electronic parts that most of the retail customers are ordering.

If you have a May build date, then your vehicle will get built. It is looking like a large number of Transits will get scheduled in June once the first group of parts arrive based on the information I have from a Ford source.
By "scheduled in June" do you mean scheduled to be built in June, or that they won't even get added to the schedule until then?

·
Registered
7 Posts
What's considered high-end electrical? I only ordered a power side door. Would that be included, or are we referring to the outlets, alternators and wiring harnesses, etc..??

I also spoke with my dealer this morning..... they were told that their orders for Transits are suppose to picked up around Week 17, which would be in a few weeks. He said he has a list of transits that have been waiting for over a month. It will also depend on if Ford has all the parts to complete the builds on his orders. I guess picked up doesn't necessary translate to a build date though, but I leaves me with at least one milestone to look forward to.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I placed an order on March 1st and was told an 8-12 week lead time (ordered 148" EL, High Roof for camper build out, avoided a vast majority of options too). Dealer at the time told me to expect 1-2 week turnaround for the factory to pull the order for production planning.
That was the timeframe my dealer said was standard "pre-COVID".

Even if things don't slide again, my delivery will be 6+ months. My order date was 12/10/20, and current estimated delivery date is 6/25/21.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Reading last years threads, the power sliding door was the biggest culprit of holding up builds.
Oh great! That was the only thing my wife requested too. It was hard for our girls to close the door when we were at the dealership; they are 11 years old.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Thank you for keeping us informed on what's actually happening at the factory. (y)

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Any hope of short wheel base passenger vans being offered in 2022? I would love a 10 passenger low roof with PSD and Ecoboost, but apparently all those options aren't allowed anymore 😡
Ford is not giving us the availability of ordering the body codes for the SWB passenger vans. The Power Sliding Side Door and the EcoBoost engine have not been a available option for the SWB even for the 2020 model.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts