Ford Transit USA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Orders for the 2021 Transit have been coming in at a slow pace recently with so many existing orders being held up with supply shortages. A lot of Transit buyers have been looking nationwide for existing Transits in inventory and picking up anything close to what they may have wanted or ordered previously and got tired of waiting for it to be produced.

This situation caused ALL of the initial stock ordered Transits I had coming through the dealership to get taken, most even before they were built since they had early build dates and a lot of the options that most Transit buyers wanted. The last of these stock ordered units are arriving now and the first customer orders are coming in slowly with a few already delivered in the last 2 weeks. The next run of Transits will be coming in May with most of these original March build dates that were moved back due to parts shortages.

If you are wanting to get a 2021 Transit, place your order NOW as Ford may be cutting off the 2021 orders earlier than expected. We were told the last orders would be on June 1st but a recent notification has been talked about to be May 1st. Transits would be built out through Labor Day and a possible plant closing may happen if they start out with the production of the 'E' Transit. Look for the 2022 model to have fewer gasoline models with the 'E' Transit coming onboard.

·
Registered
1 Posts
With all delays etc any predications on the timeline difference between the last 2021’s and the first 2022’s? Trying to decide when to upgrade from a minivan to a 10/12 passenger transit

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
With all delays etc any predications on the timeline difference between the last 2021’s and the first 2022’s? Trying to decide when to upgrade from a minivan to a 10/12 passenger transit
Upsize not upgrade (*depending on the make and condition of your minivan).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is the crew van available in 148 extended BUT without DRW? Hoping to order before you cut it off. But waiting for a vehicle to sell.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With all delays etc any predications on the timeline difference between the last 2021’s and the first 2022’s? Are you looking at the order dates or the actual dates for production? Trying to decide when to upgrade from a minivan to a 10/12 passenger transit
Ford is not making the 10 passenger SWB Transit for 2021 so you would only get a 12 passenger in the 2021 model. Based on what we know at this point, last order date for the 2021 model is June 1st. First order date for the 2022 model is likely to be July 1st and the first 2022 models would show up in September as far as fleet or stock ordered units. A customer ordered Transit would possibly be in November or later depending on what initial starting date they would start building the 2022 models.

·
Registered
21' 250 Crew HR AWD, 148 WB, Ecobst, Adv pkg, ordered 3/5/21 VIN 4/6 est build 5/24
13 Posts
Did you order extended length? Seems like ELs are taking longer. Ditto for short length.

·
Registered
21' 250 Crew HR AWD, 148 WB, Ecobst, Adv pkg, ordered 3/5/21 VIN 4/6 est build 5/24
13 Posts
If we’ve already received a VIN and projected build week in May, is that likely still the case?
May I ask what you ordered? Details of my order are in my profile.

·
Registered
3 Posts
May I ask what you ordered? Details of my order are in my profile.
250 cargo, medium roof, 148, eco, awd. avoided any of the options that were seemingly causing people issues. most of them seemed pointless anyway if you were planning on building out yourself, i.e. the inverter was dinky and underpowered anyway.

·
Registered
42 Posts
We ordered a W2X 350 awd, high roof 148" ecoboost w adventure package on Nov 13. It was first pulled on Nov 17 with an 01 priority and placed on hold. Received a vin Feb 3, with a March build week that has changed four times. Now it's scheduled for the week of May 17 with other W2Xs for members here. There are still Nov and Dec orders that are waiting on build dates.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Other than the customer orders going into the Ford order system, I have some stock units in the R2X, R2V, R2D, R2C, and X9C body styles. These seem to be the best sellers for most of the Transit buyers I deal with who are looking for a Transit other than ordering one. They have most of the features of a customer ordered Transit and that is why most of them get a deposit placed on them before they get built.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I placed my order and deposit on 2/19 for an X9C. I was getting weekly email updates from the dealer, but those ended 2 weeks ago. Maybe it will just show up one day.

·
Registered
13 Posts
250 cargo, medium roof, 148, eco, awd. avoided any of the options that were seemingly causing people issues. most of them seemed pointless anyway if you were planning on building out yourself, i.e. the inverter was dinky and underpowered anyway.
Very similar to ours. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Where can I read more about these body styles? Curious what each means.
You can find more details on the order guide, but essentially they're body style codes.

R2X= Long 148" High Roof Transit 250 AWD Cargo Van
R2V= Long 148" High Roof Transit 250 AWD Crew Van
R2D= Medium Roof 250 AWD Crew Van
R2C= Medium Roof 250 AWD Cargo Van
X9C= Long 148" Medium Roof Transit 350 AWD Passenger Van

1 - 20 of 46 Posts