Ford Transit USA Forum banner

161 - 180 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
My datapoint: R2X order w Adventure Prep placed 11/27. Dealer modified order to delete 110V outlet but keep everything else in January. Got my VIN ~10 days ago, with claimed build 1st week of April. No build date yet via Ford’s site, and not certain if it’ll end up having or lacking the 110V outlet.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Got my VIN today. R3U HR AWD Extended Cargo with adventure prep package. Ford's site is showing this.

View attachment 147168

Is it correct that this will show "Scheduled for Prod" a few weeks before the actual build? Not really sure what my build date is based on this.
Your Transit goes 'into production' when the plant gets the paperwork to start building the body structure and the front carriage which hold the front end chassis and engine assembly. There is about a 10 day period from the start to the vehicle actually going to the assembly. Your online window sticker is created when the Transit paperwork goes to the plant and at the same time the dealer gets the first billing for the vehicle.

At the point the body structure is completed, it goes with other gathered body parts to get painted. The 'actual' build date is when the body structure and the front carriage are mated together, a rear axle assembly is added to the body structure and NOW it goes down the assembly line to get the final parts and pieces added for a completely built out vehicle at the end of the line!

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
What priority code did that van have? I am concerned my priority code of 12 is really high and will be one of the last to get a VIN
Priority code is not the largest hurdle. It is the dealer having the allocation to get the Transit and Ford having all of the parts lined up to build it. I have had priority code 19 get orders ahead of lower numbers and it has to do with everything being in line to get the vehicle built.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Your Transit goes 'into production' when the plant gets the paperwork to start building the body structure and the front carriage which hold the front end chassis and engine assembly. There is about a 10 day period from the start to the vehicle actually going to the assembly. Your online window sticker is created when the Transit paperwork goes to the plant and at the same time the dealer gets the first billing for the vehicle.

At the point the body structure is completed, it goes with other gathered body parts to get painted. The 'actual' build date is when the body structure and the front carriage are mated together, a rear axle assembly is added to the body structure and NOW it goes down the assembly line to get the final parts and pieces added for a completely built out vehicle at the end of the line!
Thanks for the details! So in your experience, I'll see the website (my screenshot above) move the dot to "scheduled for production" about 10 days before assembly? I.e. it stays in sync. My dealer didn't provide a "build date"so I'm just going off the website tracking and other feedback that they are scheduling early April now.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
We almost did something like that, but it was when I was asking my dealer a couple weeks ago if they could simply put in a second order (and not cancel/modify the first), that they responded the VIN was finally issued.

Ordered my R2X dual alternator (which includes a 110 volt plug) 11/28 and have a production week of March 8.

My datapoint: R2X order w Adventure Prep placed 11/27. Dealer modified order to delete 110V outlet but keep everything else in January. Got my VIN ~10 days ago, with claimed build 1st week of April. No build date yet via Ford’s site, and not certain if it’ll end up having or lacking the 110V outlet.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
You can't 'delete' the 110V outlet from the Adventure Prep package. You have to 'delete' the package and build it out with separate options to get the order worked out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’m not sure if it is already posted somewhere on this site, but Ford announced last night they are shutting the Kansas City Assembly Plant down for one week to conserve natural gas.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
The update suggests just shifts 2 and 3. Hope everyone keeps warm!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wonder if they normally only run two shifts and are completely down? I know a plant that supplies Transit parts and they have very limited quantities shipping today and then nothing until 2/23. Normally they ship daily. I think this shutdown will put most of us behind another week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can anyone try to help figure out what's up with my order? Reading through all of these posts it looks like the 110v outlet delays may be resolved since people are getting VIN#s and build dates (that have a similar order date to mine)? The dealer put my order in their system on November 14th 2020 for a 2021 High Roof Extended Length AWD.

I did not do any of the packages offered, instead I manually added individual features. I checked in today with the dealer and they still don't have an estimated build time and the order still shows as processing. The dealer emailed their Ford Rep on February 4th 2021 to get any info on why it's being delayed/when it might be scheduled. Turns out "we have the oldest Transit order in the Ford system. He said he thinks he should be able to get it filled into the next order bank that start filling next week (February 15th)".

Should I ask if it's possible to remove the 110v outlet on a new order and keep the dual alternator? I also noticed people are talking about priority codes being 1-10.... How is mine 80?

IMG_5940.jpg

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Welcome to purgatory!! You have the 110v, so best case scenario you would've only got your VIN a little over two weeks ago anyway.

My priority was 80 also - that's just what they do on the initial build sheet (and I think only the Ford factory or fancy people can put a priority 1-10).

The plant shut down didn't help - no information last week for anything.

The only other issue I can think of is that your dealer doesn't have allocation to order that van just yet, though I haven't heard of many people impacted by that at this point. Does the place your ordered from normally sell a lot of HR AWD extended cargo vans? Dealers that do can easily place an order for the same (such as yours). Those that don't can enter an order and it will sit there a while until they give out more allocations and then the dealer's order gets accepted. I've seen plenty of people post that their dealer said X months where X is about three months longer than the typical lead times. That's the dealer putting in cushioning so they can lower your expectations. Seems like it would be a tough sell for them to be doing that this long into the process, but if you don't know better, then they keep the sale.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I don't think they sell a lot of HR AWD cargo vans that are extended. When I first went in they did say they don't usually do a high volume of cargo vans with this year being the exception. The week before I went in they had a few other customers asking for one. But it looks like they have about 60 passenger vans of all sizes on the lot and only 5-10 cargo vans. I can ask about allocation tomorrow.

I was actually referred to the salesmen by a friend of mine that once worked at a different Ford dealer. So he's been extremely up front with me about everything. Maybe a little too much. But I think they're just as much in the dark as I am. If allocation isn't an issue I'll see if they can push their Ford rep again. I'm worried if I have them cancel my initial order and redo it without the 110v that would ruin my "seniority in line" if that's a thing.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Someone cancelled and reordered without the 110 and they got pushed back a month, so don't do that.

To the best of my knowledge, there's no reason you can't just do a second order and cancel whichever one gets filled last (as soon as you get a VIN for one), but you HAVE to get the 110v outlet if you're doing dual alternator so keep that in mind. No 110v outlet, single alternator.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We just heard from our dealer who said the the natural gas issues pushed back our build date from 3/9 to 3/29. Our order date was 12/2.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
:eek:

Was going to reach out to my salesperson Friday to get an update. Guess I'll prepare for more waiting.

We just heard from our dealer who said the the natural gas issues pushed back our build date from 3/9 to 3/29. Our order date was 12/2.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The priority code may change over time is what I gather. If that's the sheet you were given when you ordered, that's a pretty typical starting value.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Here is the tracking on this R2X with Adventure Prep Package www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FTBR2XG2MKA02937

11/10/2020...Order date
11/12/2020...Scheduled build WEEK 1/25/2021
01/15/2021..Rescheduled build WEEK 2/25/2021
01/20/2021..Rescheduled build WEEK 3/15/2021
01/22/2021..Scheduled to DAY 3/18/2021
01/25/2021..Rescheduled to WEEK of 2/15/2021 (
01/28/2021..Scheduled to DAY 2/15/2021
02/05/2021..Sent to Plant
02/23/2021..Produced
02/24/2021..Released to Body Company
....TO BE Continued

This is with a ALLOCATION number for 37 Transits per quarter