Ford Transit USA Forum banner

141 - 160 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yeah, and even after finding that info here and explicitly saying "Look here on the order guide p. 9" my dealer rep was like "oh no you have it on your model!" Very frustrating.

I do have it: View attachment 146935
You need to take your concern to the sales person manager, if the person you are working with is a manager, go to whomever is their boss.

Unless they added it and didn’t give you an updated order preview, you don’t have it. Since it is a recent order, most likely they can change it.

If they say you have it, ask them for the updated preview order because my preview order does not show it as an ordered option.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Thanks @Janus9 and @CrewVanMan I got it sorted. Turns out there was a order preview sheet from 2/5 that showed the 253 doors but they had send me an earlier version.
You should ALWAYS have the FINAL preview order sheet before you make your Transit deposit. That way you know what has been ordered. You need to have your dealer print out what is on the order system NOW!

·
Registered
28 Posts
You should ALWAYS have the FINAL preview order sheet before you make your Transit deposit. That way you know what has been ordered. You need to have your dealer print out what is on the order system NOW!
Obviously I thought I did. Not really sure that I deserve to be yelled at, or how that's helpful in any way. If you want somebody to yell at call Corwin Ford of Reno.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Not doing it as yelling at you. Just wanting to show others what needs to be done to be sure their order is correct when it is submitted to Ford. Once it gets pulled for production, it is locked into production.

Dealer put you in a bad position with not giving you the latest preview order that was submitted to Ford.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have been checking for window sticker everyday and it actually showed up today. I have been told so many dates that I didn't believe the one they gave me last week of 2/16, but I guess it is right.

·
Administrator
2018 T350HD Dual Sliders
2,188 Posts
The date could still change, but now that you have a VIN number it would only change a day or two and either direction. Must be getting excited. I remember how I felt when my VIN was issued.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The date could still change, but now that you have a VIN number it would only change a day or two and either direction. Must be getting excited. I remember how I felt when my VIN was issued.
I have had a VIN for over two months, but I finally got the window sticker today and the status moved to in production.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Got my VIN today. R3U HR AWD Extended Cargo with adventure prep package. Ford's site is showing this.

Is it correct that this will show "Scheduled for Prod" a few weeks before the actual build? Not really sure what my build date is based on this.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Then I don't think you should be concerned. From what I understand, priority code 12 is not that high. I ordered 11/25 and just got my VIN.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What priority code did that van have? I am concerned my priority code of 12 is really high and will be one of the last to get a VIN
12 was assigned by your dealer. Highest they can assign is 10. Once Ford picks it up you'll get a number lower than 10. Lots of people ahead of you considering you just ordered 4 weeks ago. My zen advice is to spend your time planning your build instead of worrying about priority codes and exact delivery date, which you have almost no control over. Namaste.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is great to hear people are starting to get VIN'S. I placed my order on 12/29 and I have not heard anything yet. My Priority Code is 19. Is there a way to get that lowered? Do they start from 1 and work their way up? I am concerned that I will be months away from getting a VIN. The guy above me placed his order a month later and has a VIN....
I placed my order on 12/28 - priority 10. Nothing yet for me either 🙁

141 - 160 of 237 Posts